The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 12

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Soporsche »

Its a bit lairy, I did say no more chronos, its a cynical marketing exercise, but...
07-top-time-deus-limited-edition-ref-a233112a1a1x1-rgb-1669998921.png
These users thanked the author Soporsche for the post (total 2):
rkovarsBahnstormer_vRS
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

I may or may not have incoming after wanting one, but not at full price. 22% off was a good enough deal...

These users thanked the author jtc for the post (total 3):
magicmanrkovarsSoporsche
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Halios | Oris
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by stefs »

Does anyone else think this is very cool or is it just me. Titanium, very very functional and quite a character.
G-SHOCK-GMW-B5000TVB-1-Virtual-Armour-Titanium05-1536x1024.jpg
These users thanked the author stefs for the post (total 3):
golfjunkyStrapMeisterNoush
Cheers now, Paul
Garmin, Breitling aerospace evo, Zenith Chronomaster Sport, IWC xvi and good old CW
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

After a very difficult few months, i'm tempted to treat myself to another watch. I tried this today along with a few Omegas. The Omegas were great, but this one really took me. Drawback - I'd like it to be sportier ie bolder handset and with a bracelet. Unfortunately the Elegance Sport don't quite do it for me either
20221212_131043.jpg
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

It is no secret that I have been pretty critical of the Series II Military watches. I have to say though, this one has been stuck in my head this week. It is interesting because the original Cranwell was my least favorite of the Series I release. While I still think the Dartmouth would look better with the original Christopher Ward branding this one actually works as most watches of this type would have been sterile anyway and the new logo is very minimal in that regard.
2022.08.11-CW-Military-Cranwell-B0-Lifestyle-19782-scaled (1).jpg
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 2):
Bahnstormer_vRSJasperCat
"The cure for anything is salt water - tears, sweat and the sea."
Isak Dinesen
Current CW = C65 Trident GMT, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Trident Ombré LE, C65 Super Compressor, C63 Ukraine LE
Pre-order = C63 Forum LE, Momentum Sea Quartz 30
Kansas City Milkman
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by Kansas City Milkman »

rkovars wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:31 pm It is no secret that I have been pretty critical of the Series II Military watches. I have to say though, this one has been stuck in my head this week. It is interesting because the original Cranwell was my least favorite of the Series I release. While I still think the Dartmouth would look better with the original Christopher Ward branding this one actually works as most watches of this type would have been sterile anyway and the new logo is very minimal in that regard.

2022.08.11-CW-Military-Cranwell-B0-Lifestyle-19782-scaled (1).jpg
I get this completely- I didn't like Series 1 either- this is much better. I'm hoping the black / vintage Dartmouth makes an appearance in Aquitaine form
These users thanked the author Kansas City Milkman for the post:
rkovars
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by golfjunky »

stefs wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:06 pm Does anyone else think this is very cool or is it just me. Titanium, very very functional and quite a character.
G-SHOCK-GMW-B5000TVB-1-Virtual-Armour-Titanium05-1536x1024.jpg
That is so cool and greatly reminds me of my very first watch which was the Timex Ironman.
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Breitling Aerospace Evo, Vintage Azur, Vintage Seiko Sprtsman, Grand Seiko SBGX059, Omega SMP NTTD 210.92.42.20.01.001, Casioak Milkyway, Casioak Tiffany Sky.
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by ajax87 »

I seriously considered buying this last year. A beautiful chronograph, only 9.5mm thin! But at 34mm for the case size I thought it would probably be just a bit small for my preference.
I come back to look at it quite often though…

B243C525-7C72-47D4-B945-12825A6B1572.jpeg
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto 36 & 39, GMT|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Tissot|Timex|RZE
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

ajax87 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:49 pm I seriously considered buying this last year. A beautiful chronograph, only 9.5mm thin! But at 34mm for the case size I thought it would probably be just a bit small for my preference.

Go for it! That thing is all dial and will wear bigger than the specs.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post:
ajax87
Isak Dinesen
Current CW = C65 Trident GMT, C65 Dartmouth, C60 Trident Ombré LE, C65 Super Compressor, C63 Ukraine LE
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

rkovars wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:50 pm
ajax87 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:49 pm I seriously considered buying this last year. A beautiful chronograph, only 9.5mm thin! But at 34mm for the case size I thought it would probably be just a bit small for my preference.

Ahhhhh stop it! I ended up using the funds for my speedmaster racing which I’m very happy with. Certainly no funds available for this one. But I haven’t been able to leave it behind me after more than a year, so who knows what the future will bring…
Alex
C5A Mk1|C60 Sapphire, Abyss|C65 SC, 316L LE|C63 Auto 36 & 39, GMT|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster mk40|Speedmaster racing|Tissot|Timex|RZE
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

ajax87 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:09 pm

Ahhhhh stop it! I ended up using the funds for my speedmaster racing which I’m very happy with. Certainly no funds available for this one. But I haven’t been able to leave it behind me after more than a year, so who knows what the future will bring…
They are definitely not cheap but they are pretty short money for a Blancpain. There are moths in my watch fund too after the LE! :lol:

I am actually contemplating putting a few on the chopping block to pick up one of these:

38mm, 13 mm thick (including crystal), ETA automatic, ton of watch.
Isak Dinesen
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by ajax87 »

rkovars wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:16 pm
They are definitely not cheap but they are pretty short money for a Blancpain. There are moths in my watch fund too after the LE! :lol:
Absolutely right. Just under $4k for a Blancpain blew me away! But my last few purchases (36mm C63, C63 GMT, and the FLE) only happened because I sold something else to fund them. I'm not willing to part with $4k of my collection, so I guess I'm heading to the store for some lottery tickets :D Or maybe I'll try being patient.

PS, I looked hard at those Maens as well. It would be perfect for me if it had a date! I have that silly hangup. Can't do anything about it.
Alex
Noush
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

Regular correspondents will know, this is my "on again, off again, on again...." watch.
I can give you a number of reasons why I haven't bought one. But it will NOT let me go. Sigh.

s2vto0508zc31.jpg
These users thanked the author Noush for the post (total 2):
watchaholicajax87
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rkovars »

ajax87 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:20 pm
rkovars wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:16 pm

Absolutely right. Just under $4k for a Blancpain blew me away! But my last few purchases (36mm C63, C63 GMT, and the FLE) only happened because I sold something else to fund them. I'm not willing to part with $4k of my collection, so I guess I'm heading to the store for some lottery tickets :D Or maybe I'll try being patient.

PS, I looked hard at those Maens as well. It would be perfect for me if it had a date! I have that silly hangup. Can't do anything about it.
Your Speedmaster racing has you covered there! This one has been in the back of my mind too. All the date I could ever use!

Isak Dinesen
Soporsche
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 12

Post by Soporsche »

Noush wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:27 pm Regular correspondents will know, this is my "on again, off again, on again...." watch.
I can give you a number of reasons why I haven't bought one. But it will NOT let me go. Sigh.

s2vto0508zc31.jpg
I relate to this completely, trying on did nothing to put me off.. haven't bought one but its always on the list and has been for some time.
Stephen

A few CWs and other brands