The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
User avatar
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:35 pm
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes
Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Peteo »

Image

My watch dreaming and buying habits are sure to change now that I'm sharing my bank accounts with another person. Time will tell how that will all evolve. However, I have found myself thinking about the Bulgari Octo Roma Worldtimer a lot lately. I'm not really a huge fan of the Finissimo. Too thin, too aggressively faceted. In a world where everyone is still going a bit nuts for integrated steel sports watches, this is the one that has my attention.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34
Non-CWs: A. LANGE & SÖHNE 1815 Annual Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
User avatar
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
Posts: 7798
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:59 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: Edinburgh

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by missF »

Peteo wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:28 pm
My watch dreaming and buying habits are sure to change now that I'm sharing my bank accounts with another person. Time will tell how that will all evolve.
You mean..... you didn’t have the.... ‘how many watches am I allowed?’ conversation.... BEFORE you got married????? :shock: :lol:
User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 28334
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Peteo wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:28 pm In a world where not everyone is still going a bit nuts for integrated steel sports watches… :D
FTFY
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
User avatar
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:35 pm
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes
Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Peteo »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:41 pm
Peteo wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:28 pm In a world where not everyone is still going a bit nuts for integrated steel sports watches… :D
FTFY
:lol: Definitely noted. Lots of people sure are nuts for them though! They're generally not my cuppa, but I'll reserve judgement until I try them on. The ALS Odysseus wowed me a lot more than I expected it to when I actually tried one on in New York. So who knows? Maybe I'll be Royal Oak fanboy someday!

not bloody likely
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34
Non-CWs: A. LANGE & SÖHNE 1815 Annual Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
User avatar
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3174
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:35 pm
CW-watches: 2
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes
Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Peteo »

missF wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:39 pm
Peteo wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:28 pm
My watch dreaming and buying habits are sure to change now that I'm sharing my bank accounts with another person. Time will tell how that will all evolve.
You mean..... you didn’t have the.... ‘how many watches am I allowed?’ conversation.... BEFORE you got married????? :shock: :lol:
Oh my goodness... What have I done!?!?!? :shock:

Honestly though, we have talked about it. My days of multiple watch purchases a year are probably over, but she's supportive of the occasional purchase. Just have to learn to be picky!
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34
Non-CWs: A. LANGE & SÖHNE 1815 Annual Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
User avatar
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
Posts: 7798
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:59 pm
CW-watches: 5
Location: Edinburgh

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by missF »

Peteo wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:20 pm ...Just have to learn to be picky!
Well you’ve proved with the Lange that you pick well! I see lots of happy years ahead of you :D
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:59 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by sproughton »

Will always be a dream because it's out of my size range; much like most GS sports watches
Grand-Seiko-Evolution-9-Sport-Spring-Drive-GMT-Snowflake-SBGE285-2022-Review-4.jpg
User avatar
Amor Vincit Omnia
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 28334
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

sproughton wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:38 pm Will always be a dream because it's out of my size range; much like most GS sports watches
Too big or too small?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
sproughton
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1497
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:59 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Hertfordshire

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by sproughton »

^too big. They're not huge, but quite chunky and this one is 42mm which is outside of my preference zone, even if I do have a couple similarly sized in my watch box
These users thanked the author sproughton for the post:
Amor Vincit Omnia
User avatar
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 12064
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:24 am
CW-watches: 24
Location: ɐᴉlɐɹʇsn∀ 'ʇsɐoƆ ǝuᴉɥsunS

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by gaf1958 »

Danbailey007 wrote:I've been thinking a lot about Speedmaster's lately and the idea of a birth year watch has also been playing on my mind so finding one of these seems perfect. Now just to get my head around the myriad of production numbers, serials, models etc.
Don’t look at the usual Omega serial numbers & production date lists for a Speedmaster - their serial numbers follow a totally different sequence. I’ve compiled a list for you which may be of help…

Year Serial Numbers
1957 14xxxxxxx
1958 15xxxxxxx & 16xxxxxxx
1959 16xxxxxxx
1960 17xxxxxxx
1961 18xxxxxxx
1962 18xxxxxxx & 19xxxxxxx
1963 20xxxxxxx & 21xxxxxxx
1964 22xxxxxxx
1965 22xxxxxxx
1966 23xxxxxxx
1967 24xxxxxxx & 25xxxxxxx
1968 26xxxxxxx
1969 26xxxxxxx & 27xxxxxxx
1970 28xxxxxxx & 30xxxxxxx
1971 30xxxxxxx
1972 31xxxxxxx
1973 31xxxxxxx & 32xxxxxxx
1974 32xxxxxxx
1975 33xxxxxxx
1976 34xxxxxxx
1977 35xxxxxxx & 36xxxxxxx
1978 37xxxxxxx
1979 38xxxxxxx & 39xxxxxxx
1980 40xxxxxxx & 41xxxxxxx
1981 42xxxxxxx
1982 43xxxxxxx
1983 44xxxxxxx
1984 45xxxxxxx
1985 46xxxxxxx
1986 470xxxxxx
1987 4725xxxxx
1988 4750xxxxx
1989 4775xxxxx
1990 4800xxxxx
1991 4825xxxxx
1992 4827xxxxx
1993 4829xxxxx
1994 4830xxxxx
1995 4831xxxxx
1996 4832xxxxx
1997 4834xxxxx
1998 4835xxxxx
1999 4840xxxxx & 77000XXX
2000 77010XXX

These are only used by Speedmasters with 321/861/863/1861/1863 movements. I believe that moonphases (1866) have different serial ranges.

These serial ranges seem to apply across the standard (black dial) Speedmaster moon watches, regardless of hesalite of sapphire crystal. Theyu are used by some, but not all of the LE models.

They are also used in other Professional models, like the MkII - my MkII is from 1969 with a 27 million serial number.

After 2000, the numbers are sketchy. I've tracked down serial number ranges for things like my Japan Racing LE and they are still in the 77 million range, but only a small subset of that. Omega did not pick 2004 sequentially numbered movements to put in that LE, but they were from a range of maybe 50 or 100 thousand (just making up figures here, as I really can't remember).

Hope this helps…
These users thanked the author gaf1958 for the post (total 7):
watchaholicsproughtoniainSoporscheBahnstormer_vRSgannetasqwerth
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+13xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVntge
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Danbailey007
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:45 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: The

Post by Danbailey007 »

gaf1958 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:51 am
Danbailey007 wrote:I've been thinking a lot about Speedmaster's lately and the idea of a birth year watch has also been playing on my mind so finding one of these seems perfect. Now just to get my head around the myriad of production numbers, serials, models etc.
Don’t look at the usual Omega serial numbers & production date lists for a Speedmaster - their serial numbers follow a totally different sequence. I’ve compiled a list for you which may be of help…

Year Serial Numbers
1957 14xxxxxxx
1958 15xxxxxxx & 16xxxxxxx
1959 16xxxxxxx
1960 17xxxxxxx
1961 18xxxxxxx
1962 18xxxxxxx & 19xxxxxxx
1963 20xxxxxxx & 21xxxxxxx
1964 22xxxxxxx
1965 22xxxxxxx
1966 23xxxxxxx
1967 24xxxxxxx & 25xxxxxxx
1968 26xxxxxxx
1969 26xxxxxxx & 27xxxxxxx
1970 28xxxxxxx & 30xxxxxxx
1971 30xxxxxxx
1972 31xxxxxxx
1973 31xxxxxxx & 32xxxxxxx
1974 32xxxxxxx
1975 33xxxxxxx
1976 34xxxxxxx
1977 35xxxxxxx & 36xxxxxxx
1978 37xxxxxxx
1979 38xxxxxxx & 39xxxxxxx
1980 40xxxxxxx & 41xxxxxxx
1981 42xxxxxxx
1982 43xxxxxxx
1983 44xxxxxxx
1984 45xxxxxxx
1985 46xxxxxxx
1986 470xxxxxx
1987 4725xxxxx
1988 4750xxxxx
1989 4775xxxxx
1990 4800xxxxx
1991 4825xxxxx
1992 4827xxxxx
1993 4829xxxxx
1994 4830xxxxx
1995 4831xxxxx
1996 4832xxxxx
1997 4834xxxxx
1998 4835xxxxx
1999 4840xxxxx & 77000XXX
2000 77010XXX

These are only used by Speedmasters with 321/861/863/1861/1863 movements. I believe that moonphases (1866) have different serial ranges.

These serial ranges seem to apply across the standard (black dial) Speedmaster moon watches, regardless of hesalite of sapphire crystal. Theyu are used by some, but not all of the LE models.

They are also used in other Professional models, like the MkII - my MkII is from 1969 with a 27 million serial number.

After 2000, the numbers are sketchy. I've tracked down serial number ranges for things like my Japan Racing LE and they are still in the 77 million range, but only a small subset of that. Omega did not pick 2004 sequentially numbered movements to put in that LE, but they were from a range of maybe 50 or 100 thousand (just making up figures here, as I really can't remember).

Hope this helps…
Thanks for this, any help is appreciated!
Dan

Citizen Eco-Drive
Elliot Brown Tyneham
Multiple Fossil
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra
User avatar
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 5288
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:40 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Sunny Tiptree, Essex

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by stefs »

B493EC71-45D7-4D6E-B91D-5FC48769983D.jpeg
These users thanked the author stefs for the post (total 3):
Bahnstormer_vRS0uatiOWSoporsche
Cheers now, Paul
User avatar
golfjunky
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:32 pm
Location: Essex

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by golfjunky »

DAYTONA.png
Current collection = Omega Seamaster 2225.80.00, Omega Speedmaster 'Moonphase' 3576.50.00, Bretling Aerospace Evo, Vinatge Azur, Vintage dressy Seiko & SBGX059
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3123
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:20 pm
CW-watches: 0

Re: The

Post by Mikkei4 »

gaf1958 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:51 am
Danbailey007 wrote:I've been thinking a lot about Speedmaster's lately and the idea of a birth year watch has also been playing on my mind so finding one of these seems perfect. Now just to get my head around the myriad of production numbers, serials, models etc.
Don’t look at the usual Omega serial numbers & production date lists for a Speedmaster - their serial numbers follow a totally different sequence. I’ve compiled a list for you which may be of help…

Year Serial Numbers
1957 14xxxxxxx
.........

Hope this helps…
Unfortunately you didn't go back far enough for my birth year :D :oops:
These users thanked the author Mikkei4 for the post:
sproughton
User avatar
StrapMeister
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 3500
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:29 pm
CW-watches: 10

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by StrapMeister »

stefs wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:43 am B493EC71-45D7-4D6E-B91D-5FC48769983D.jpeg
Now com'on Paul...
You know you don't get on with bronze case watches :lol: