The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Tooks »

I must admit to having increasingly active thoughts about a Milgauss, I've always discounted them before due to being 'only' 40mm.

It won't be for a good while yet, maybe later this year if it happens, but more likely early next.

Mind you, something else will probably pique my interest in the meantime, although it probably will be a longer term target.
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by gbbird »

Tooks wrote:I must admit to having increasingly active thoughts about a Milgauss, I've always discounted them before due to being 'only' 40mm.

It won't be for a good while yet, maybe later this year if it happens, but more likely early next.

Mind you, something else will probably pique my interest in the meantime, although it probably will be a longer term target.
That is the only other Rolex I really like, and I would definitely go for the black face over the White version. I'm just not sure of the Lightning bolt second hand, but I reckon I could live with it ;)
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

gbbird wrote:
Tooks wrote:I must admit to having increasingly active thoughts about a Milgauss, I've always discounted them before due to being 'only' 40mm.

That is the only other Rolex I really like, and I would definitely go for the black face over the White version. I'm just not sure of the Lightning bolt second hand, but I reckon I could live with it ;)
I think the Milgauss is a fantastic watch and whilst it seems strange at first, it's the orange second hand that I really like, combined with the green crystal.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Liked this for a while now and think the whole RL range is spot on (prices aside) and built its own core image very quickly and professionally. Sorry I should be posting Rolex's shouldn't I :oops:

I miss all the great things that may never be.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Dancematt wrote:Image

Liked this for a while now and think the whole RL range is spot on (prices aside) and built its own core image very quickly and professionally. Sorry I should be posting Rolex's shouldn't I :oops:

Looks good and I do like the RL that has an out part of the dial in Elm burl wood, but at 45mm and about £8,700 it's too large and too expensive. It's certainly distinctive. Mind you for £8k-£9k you could buy a couple of Rolex....... :wink:

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

I'm really liking the black-green Milgauss too !
Mezzly

Post by Mezzly »

Been dreaming about an omega seamaster chronostop all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

nbg wrote:
Dancematt wrote:Image

Looks good and I do like the RL that has an out part of the dial in Elm burl wood, but at 45mm and about £8,700 it's too large and too expensive. It's certainly distinctive. Mind you for £8k-£9k you could buy a couple of Rolex....... :wink:

Neil
True that but these pages are about dreams. Rolex are great but I'd never pay over 2k for any watch. Peoples dreams are so ordinary now it seems. I recall imagination used to run a bit more a few years ago
I miss all the great things that may never be.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

Tourby Pilot Vintage. Anyone own a Tourby?
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Re: The

Post by ddav »

Mezzly wrote:Been dreaming about an omega seamaster chronostop all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A worthy dream.

Mine says hello!
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Serlo »

I have be dreaming about this watch (sleepless nights!):

Guess what, I don't have to dream about it anymore. Well, I have got to wait until the AD can provide a shorter strap which should take about three or four days. I would have never thought that I can wear this watch, hence I have never tried it on, but as it turns out, the 39,6mm case fits perfectly as the lugs are curved and not as long as the ones of the Club Automatik or the Ahoi Atlantik. The dial is such a beauty and I couldn't resist.

It is very diffult to take pictures of the watch (because the crystal is quite reflective. But if you look closely, you can see me now :D):

I am happy! And poor...! But happy!
Andreas
Sabbath
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Sabbath »

Serlo wrote:I have be dreaming about this watch (sleepless nights!):

Guess what, I don't have to dream about it anymore. Well, I have got to wait until the AD can provide a shorter strap which should take about three or four days. I would have never thought that I can wear this watch, hence I have never tried it on, but as it turns out, the 39,6mm case fits perfectly as the lugs are curved and not as long as the ones of the Club Automatik or the Ahoi Atlantik. The dial is such a beauty and I couldn't resist.

It is very diffult to take pictures of the watch (because the crystal is quite reflective. But if you look closely, you can see me now :D):

I am happy! And poor...! But happy!
Just fabulous Serlo, congratulations Sir.

How would you compare it to an Orion?
Mark
Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Serlo »

@Sabbath: PM sent
Andreas
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

Congratulations Serlo !! The Blaugold is a very lovely watch.
Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Serlo »

blowfish89 wrote:Congratulations Serlo !! The Blaugold is a very lovely watch.
Yes, it is, indeed. However, this

+ this

+ this

could/should have been this:

The Tetras actually meant that I won't get my grail watch this year :(. I was really making progress at not buying new watches, but saving the money for the JLC. And now all the money that I had put aside is gone. The last drop that made me forget the JLC was that my AD told me that JLC is going to increase their prices again in May. When I started saving my money it was expensive, but still kind of affordable. If there is yet another and another price increase until I can afford it, the money I'd spent on one (ok, it's two watches :lol:) watch would be too high. I can't see myself wearing anything that expensive. (But if I do the sums of the watches I own, I could have bought the rosegold version by now. What a scary thought. I might get a used one one of these days, but I am dreading the servicing costs to be honest.) However, I'd always be afraid to scratch the case and then it would not be worn at all. Well, we'll see how much it is going to be next May, i.e. if there really is a price increase. Maybe they just wanted me to pull the trigger?!

I had many sleepless nights trying to convince myself that I shouldn't buy the Zürich. It is so wrong to buy three (!) Nomos watches within a couple of days. And rereading Downer's rule didn't work this time.

To cut a long story short: it turns out that I am a one-brand-only kind of guy. I have tried many different brands, but Nomos is the brand for me. So henceforth I am not going to buy any more watches by other brands (the FLE will be the exception). Let's see how long this I going to last. I've always wanted to have an Explorer... or the red grape Oyster Perpetual... or... :lol:

No, no more watches for me in the near future.
Andreas