The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Caller »

I've looked long and hard for a Rolex that I could bond with, starting with the anniversary LV, green bezel, which I thought I would love - nope. I've tried submariners, sea-dwellers, explorers and the milgauss (I personally find the colours insipid, sorry), all to no avail.

Before I left the UK, I took a trip to my home town of London and trod the well worn watch route of Knightsbridge, Mayfair, Bond and Oxford Streets, so much I wanted to see, including one I couldn't find anywhere - the new Rolex Deep Sea D-blue dial - no-one had it.

About 3-weeks ago, I was in Bangkok, and after visiting the swatch repair service centre in Wireless Road (you can just wander in and they'll look at your watch there and then), popped into the new Central Embassy Dept. Store and trawled around the watch boutiques. And finally, in their very own boutique, I found the Rolex that I absolutely fell in love with, hook, line and sinker. It's a brute of a watch and this stock photo pays it scant regard. It is simply stunning and I want it. Sadly, my wallet say's otherwise. :(

'Tis me
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

So many Rolexes, not one Cellini.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by stefs »

blowfish89 wrote:So many Rolexes, not one Cellini.
My local dealer where i picked up my milguass has the full set of these cellini and they are stunning in the flesh. The rose gold and black one is beautiful but sadly also 13 grand!
Cheers now, Paul
Garmin, Breitling aerospace evo, Zenith Chronomaster Sport, IWC xvi and good old CW
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

A girl in my patent law class wears a Rolex. I am not sure what it is but it looks like a mens black dial datejust with the cyclops and fluted bezel. I don't think the watch is very new, it looks worn in but still has that shine. I glance at it sometimes through the long lecture. Makes me dream about an Explorer I as a do it all watch.
watchstudent
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Re: The

Post by watchstudent »

blowfish89 wrote:A girl in my patent law class wears a Rolex. I am not sure what it is but it looks like a mens black dial datejust with the cyclops and fluted bezel. I don't think the watch is very new, it looks worn in but still has that shine. I glance at it sometimes through the long lecture. Makes me dream about an Explorer I as a do it all watch.
Yep a 114270 has been my Rolex target for the last week, which is quite awhile for me! Such a perfect watch.

Also really think I might have a Seiko "bluemo" at some point if a nice used one comes up.
Victorinox Inox, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Seiko PADI Turtle
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by tempusmaximus »

watchstudent wrote:
blowfish89 wrote:A girl in my patent law class wears a Rolex. I am not sure what it is but it looks like a mens black dial datejust with the cyclops and fluted bezel. I don't think the watch is very new, it looks worn in but still has that shine. I glance at it sometimes through the long lecture. Makes me dream about an Explorer I as a do it all watch.
Yep a 114270 has been my Rolex target for the last week, which is quite awhile for me! Such a perfect watch.

Also really think I might have a Seiko "bluemo" at some point if a nice used one comes up.
Seiko Sumo's are excellent watches , great value for money watchstudent , im sure you would not be disappointed. :thumbup:
Bernie
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

Credor GCAR982.

10 sec / year accuracy.
Titanium and gold with better construction than a Grand Seiko.
Good value at about £2,500 including VAT, but hard to sell on.

Image Image
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

Serlo wrote:
It is the angle, because whenever I take pictures of this watch, I have to tilt my wrist so as not to have the camera reflected on the dial. My Nomos club is the small 36mm and it fits perfectly.

I popped in my local Nomos dealer today to try one on :thumbup: . And found out it's out of stock and they're waiting for another one :thumbdown:
Sabbath
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Sabbath »

Personally I'm making plans for one of these. This will be my next watch - sometime in the next 4 1/2 years.
Mark
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

Sabbath wrote:Personally I'm making plans for one of these. This will be my next watch - sometime in the next 4 1/2 years.
We'll see you in 4.5 months.
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

hughesyn wrote:Credor GCAR982.

10 sec / year accuracy.
Titanium and gold with better construction than a Grand Seiko.
Good value at about £2,500 including VAT, but hard to sell on.

Image Image
And once again the second hand is too short - my primary gripe against many GSs, especially the quartz ones.
Serious flaw in my eyes (enough to make me not buy) given their claims that other quartz watches don't have long hands because they don't have enough power (maybe they were talking about the minute hand?). Look at how long the second, minute hands are on an affordable Christopher Ward C3.

smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Caller wrote:I've looked long and hard for a Rolex that I could bond with, starting with the anniversary LV, green bezel, which I thought I would love - nope. I've tried submariners, sea-dwellers, explorers and the milgauss (I personally find the colours insipid, sorry), all to no avail.

Before I left the UK, I took a trip to my home town of London and trod the well worn watch route of Knightsbridge, Mayfair, Bond and Oxford Streets, so much I wanted to see, including one I couldn't find anywhere - the new Rolex Deep Sea D-blue dial - no-one had it.

About 3-weeks ago, I was in Bangkok, and after visiting the swatch repair service centre in Wireless Road (you can just wander in and they'll look at your watch there and then), popped into the new Central Embassy Dept. Store and trawled around the watch boutiques. And finally, in their very own boutique, I found the Rolex that I absolutely fell in love with, hook, line and sinker. It's a brute of a watch and this stock photo pays it scant regard. It is simply stunning and I want it. Sadly, my wallet say's otherwise. :(

So tempted with the DSSD. It is a stunner and I will probably pull the trigger this year, but my heart still hankers for either one of these.

Both models are big, brash and extraordinarily expensive and in no way really justifiable but............ oh mama.......
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 38
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

smegwina wrote:
Caller wrote:I've looked long and hard for a Rolex that I could bond with, starting with the anniversary LV, green bezel, which I thought I would love - nope. I've tried submariners, sea-dwellers, explorers and the milgauss (I personally find the colours insipid, sorry), all to no avail.

So tempted with the DSSD. It is a stunner and I will probably pull the trigger this year, but my heart still hankers for either one of these.

Both models are big, brash and extraordinarily expensive and in no way really justifiable but............ oh mama.......
Now those are more to my liking Nick than any of the aforementioned Rolex. Good choice.

I'm not particularly dreaming of any particular watch at present other than perhaps this now it is in Club 995

Guy
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Magnus
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Magnus »

I actually had a dream about this last night. I dreamt my mate had bought it but didn't like it so he just gave it to me.

It was a good dream.

2015 FLE, 2013 FLE, C60 Black, C11 Makaira Pro 500 Blue, C8 Pilot Mk II, , C7 Rapide MK I, C4 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Corum Admirals Cup
Stowa 1938 Chronograph
Vintage Certina
Tag Heuer F1
andyg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by andyg »

Magnus wrote:I actually had a dream about this last night. I dreamt my mate had bought it but didn't like it so he just gave it to me.

It was a good dream.

an overdose of meds before bedtime i feel........ :lol:
Andy

Each of us will face this question at least once in a year.

"Why do you have so many watches? You can only wear one at a time!"