The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

A place to discuss other watch-brands
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by downer »

SIB wrote:A friend has the SLA017 and I tried it for a day and in all honesty I wasn't that impressed with it for the money. I've had LOADS os Seiko watches from the £60 - £6k+ range and the SLA017 honestly didn't feel anything special to me (apologies to anyone who has one, this is just my opinion of course :lol: ). When I put on a Grand Seiko I see straight away it's a high quality watch with the way it looks and feels. Same with the Marine Master, etc it just feels "right". I just didn't get that with the SLA017......it felt like a nice watch but not in the price bracket it's in (again, for me!)
I think I have a similar view. I briefly tried the SLA017 in a store at end last year, but it didn't strike me as good value at RRP. However, I need to give it another shot sometime. Unless I see an SLA019 first! :lol:
Richard
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

This one for a blue dial............

atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Mikkei4 wrote:This one for a blue dial............

Hard to find....
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by stefs »

atnits wrote:Image
Not again Anthony! :lol: I have to admit mind that I know where you are coming from. An absolute cw classic
Cheers now, Paul
Garmin, Breitling aerospace evo, Zenith Chronomaster Sport, IWC xvi and good old CW
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

stefs wrote:
atnits wrote:Image
Not again Anthony! :lol: I have to admit mind that I know where you are coming from. An absolute cw classic
I know! I'd be over the moon to have these 2 models back.
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: The

Post by Mikkei4 »

gaf1958 wrote:
Mikkei4 wrote:This one for a blue dial............

Hard to find....

£7500 at Watchmaster.
Too much for me so I am only dreaming - first time I've ever seen this version and I like it lots.
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Mikkei4 wrote:£7500 at Watchmaster.
Too much for me so I am only dreaming - first time I've ever seen this version and I like it lots.
Whoa... Glad I bought mine when I did! I paid *well* under half of that for mine.

Of course, I still have the original silver hands to return it to standard if I wish to sell it.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

Really fancy one of these two and even contacted watchfinder for a part ex valuation on my blue rolex op 36. I wasn’t very taken with their offer :(
Cheers now, Paul
Garmin, Breitling aerospace evo, Zenith Chronomaster Sport, IWC xvi and good old CW
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thegreyman »

The EP 36600 is nice, I tried on one a month or two ago. I think Steve (@welshlad) has one, or was at least looking to get one.

That IWC looks lovely too.
Patrick

C1 Morgan Aero 8, C60 FLE Scooter Blue, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife)

Some others + a few on the way
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

[quote="stefs"]Really fancy one of these two and even contacted watchfinder for a part ex valuation on my blue rolex op 36. I wasn’t very taken with their offer :(

OMG - why would you ever want to part with your Rolex blue OP 36? It's a stunning watch. About 2months ago I asked WF for part-ex valuation on 1 of my watches - they offered about 50-60% less than the price they had 1 for sale on their site so like you I wasn't impressed.
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by stefs »

Mikkei4 wrote:
stefs wrote:Really fancy one of these two and even contacted watchfinder for a part ex valuation on my blue rolex op 36. I wasn’t very taken with their offer :(

OMG - why would you ever want to part with your Rolex blue OP 36? It's a stunning watch. About 2months ago I asked WF for part-ex valuation on 1 of my watches - they offered about 50-60% less than the price they had 1 for sale on their site so like you I wasn't impressed.
Just thinking about it. I am one in one out so one would have to give way so its a case of would I enjoy and wear this more than the Op? Another consideration is that all my watches are simple 3 handers so it would add a bit of variety to my small set.
Cheers now, Paul
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Mikkei4 wrote:
stefs wrote:Really fancy one of these two and even contacted watchfinder for a part ex valuation on my blue rolex op 36. I wasn’t very taken with their offer :(

WF generally pay the highest price to buy in from customers, of any of the major preowned outfits.

The margin they then add depends heavily on the brand.

E.g. They add far less of a mark up on something like a SS Rolex Professional model than they would on Breitling, IWC etc, reflecting those brands will be more difficult to shift than Rolex.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mikkei4 »

nbg wrote:WF generally pay the highest price to buy in from customers, of any of the major preowned outfits.
That's not been my experience, although it has been only with 1 watch for which I asked them to provide a p-ex value.
They offered marginally less than Goldsmiths but also on average close to £200 less than Mark Worthington and A.N.Other.
A watch enthusiast friend also experienced the same with them with a different brand to my watch.

Maybe I was just unlucky with them.
treyford
Guru
Guru

Post by treyford »

I have just read this article https://monochrome-watches.com/grand-se ... iew-price/ and I really like the look of this GS Hi-Beat 36000 Calibre 9S 20th-Anniversary SBGH267. If I could rustle up the money I would very interested in purchasing this watch.

Treyford