A place to discuss other watch-brands
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by stefs »

neil8fletcher3 wrote:Like the look of these

Don't get me wrong sinn is a quality brand but surely this is ripping breitling off? Is there something historical I am not aware of?
Cheers now, Paul
Garmin, Breitling aerospace evo, Zenith Chronomaster Sport, IWC xvi and good old CW
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

stefs wrote:

Don't get me wrong sinn is a quality brand but surely this is ripping breitling off? Is there something historical I am not aware of?
Sinn bought the licence to make the Navitimer when Breitling went bankrupt.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

smegwina wrote:
stefs wrote:

Yes, everything except the "Navitimer" trademark which they cannot use on the dial. I think I prefer the Sinn to the Breitling (cheaper, reasonably sized for average wrists).
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

blowfish89 wrote:
smegwina wrote:
stefs wrote: Don't get me wrong sinn is a quality brand but surely this is ripping breitling off? Is there something historical I am not aware of?

Yes, everything except the "Navitimer" trademark which they cannot use on the dial. I think I prefer the Sinn to the Breitling (cheaper, reasonably sized for average wrists).
The date font is all wrong compared to the rest of the dial, but other than that it is all hunky dory!

stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by stefs »

Well blow me...didnt know that
Cheers now, Paul
Garmin, Breitling aerospace evo, Zenith Chronomaster Sport, IWC xvi and good old CW
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by rgb »

My birthday in October saw me cross the age 65 marker, so with a bit of birthday cash I thought I'd treat myself to a watch ... and since some of the money came from my 95 year old mother (you can read about her here - http://tvo.org/blog/current-affairs/the ... t-minister) I thought it fitting it be one that I would keep [and want to keep] the rest of my life in memory of her. (Though she'll probably outlive me.)

I have been smitten for quite a while with Breitling and compiled a list of favourite pieces which I plan to email to my AD in order for her to have each in the store on the 26th of this month. This one, though, I think is the top runner if the size looks right on my wrist ... the 38mm Transocean Day & Date on the racing bracelet, for a change from the usual ...

... with this a close second ...
43mm Transocean Day & Date
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
FatClax
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by FatClax »

Struggling to decide between

Zodiac Super Seawolf 53 compression (black with orange second hand or red bezel and black dial)
Squale 1521 (black dial, polished)
C60 Trident C600 (red bezel black dial)
Steinhart four forty GMT (black and red)

Any owners or insight? I have a steinhart ocean one vintage red mk2 and I'm blown away by the quality/cost.
Ball Marvelight
watchstudent
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by watchstudent »

:fondof:

Victorinox Inox, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Seiko PADI Turtle
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

Tried on a few this morning that are all quite recently released. Not necessarily in the "dreaming of" category, but liked them all for different reasons.

If I was in the market for another watch it would be a white or silver dial and nothing too formal - these fit the bill for me.

EB Tyneham:
I like the texture on the dial with the combination of blue hands and numerals (plastic sticker was on the dial). It was however a rather chunky slab sided case.

Bremont America's cup LE:
Normal Bremont quality and for me a much better shape case/lugs than the EB. I have always said I would never buy a chrono with sub dials at 6, 9 and 12, but I could make an exception for this, as the countdown dial at 12 is just so neat!

Omega Globemaster:
From pictures on the web I didn't think I would like this but I do. I thought it was a great overall package, with a fully brushed case and bracelet and it seemed to me to wear thinner than a Aqua Terra.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

^^^ Agree about the Globemaster wearing a little slimmer than the AT - especially on the strap, rather than the bracelet.

It's a nice watch - no doubt about that!
Richard
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 38
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

@nbg - like the Tyneham, Bremont is OK, both look too big for you (which bodes well for me).

Omega looks good on you and is certainly not my type.

There, decision made. :thumbup:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
james80
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by james80 »

rgb wrote:My birthday in October saw me cross the age 65 marker, so with a bit of birthday cash I thought I'd treat myself to a watch ... and since some of the money came from my 95 year old mother (you can read about her here - http://tvo.org/blog/current-affairs/the ... t-minister) I thought it fitting it be one that I would keep [and want to keep] the rest of my life in memory of her. (Though she'll probably outlive me.)

I have been smitten for quite a while with Breitling and compiled a list of favourite pieces which I plan to email to my AD in order for her to have each in the store on the 26th of this month. This one, though, I think is the top runner if the size looks right on my wrist ... the 38mm Transocean Day & Date on the racing bracelet, for a change from the usual ...

... with this a close second ...
43mm Transocean Day & Date
I like the transocean line. I lime the dial and hand proportions of the 38mm but prefer the centre seconds of and day on the 43. Why can't the 38 be 40mm.

I've seen the racing bracelet in person on a friends navitimer and have to say it's a little much.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nbg »

downer wrote:^^^ Agree about the Globemaster wearing a little slimmer than the AT - especially on the strap, rather than the bracelet.

Of course had I bought a certain 38.5mm white dial 1958 reissue when I had the chance, I wouldn't still be looking for another white dial watch now.... :)

Neil
TZ-UK
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: The

Post by nbg »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:@nbg - like the Tyneham, Bremont is OK, both look too big for you (which bodes well for me).

Omega looks good on you and is certainly not my type.

There, decision made. :thumbup:

Guy

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium
They weren't such a bad fit as they look in the photos; usual issue with the angle the pic is taken at making them look larger - but yes I agree both are too big.

Lug to lug on both is 50mm and I always think that Bremont wear smaller than other 43mm case watches because of the curved down lugs. Even though the Bremont chronos do look too big on me the MBII which is thinner and with a flatter case back does fit ok.

The Bremont in the pic is basically the tool watch version of the more dressy polished case one that Nick has.

On the basis that the Bremonts you tried on at SPQ were an ok size for you I reckon the Tyneham will be as well. :thumbup:

Neil
TZ-UK
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

nbg wrote:
downer wrote:^^^ Agree about the Globemaster wearing a little slimmer than the AT - especially on the strap, rather than the bracelet.

Of course had I bought a certain 38.5mm white dial 1958 reissue when I had the chance, I wouldn't still be looking for another white dial watch now.... :)

Neil
Very true my friend...

Richard