watchstudent wrote:I like this... I like it a lot

Me too.
Simon57
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Simon57 »

Where's the link for this one? Is it on sale yet?
Christopher Ward x7 // Oris // Tag Heuer // Longines x2 // Nomos // Seiko // Orient x2 // Vostok x2
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 6

Post by ddav »

Simon57 wrote:Where's the link for this one? Is it on sale yet?
There you go!

http://www.nomos-glashuette.com/the-watches/minimatik/
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by rgb »

blowfish89 wrote:
Aifo wrote:I'd not get that Omega without being an airline/military pilot, a veteran spy or a doctorate in Physics. For once I don't feel qualified to wear a watch....
Interesting coming from someone with a stellar collection of pilot watches :lol:

I would absolutely wear that - does the second hand tick like quartz - or is there an automatic base under the quartz display/movement - don't know anything about this watch.
Ticks like quartz. Nothing automatic, which I can easily live with. (The price not so much - CDN $6250 list). The case and strap is a very dull grey titanium - quite attractive compared to others and a really pleasant change from the straps I saw on a few of the Longines there which were scratch-magnets. No shiny bits. It is eminently readable, at least as much as a Pelagos despite thinner hands and marks. (Or at least in the brightly lit AD where every square inch was flooded with halogen light this was the case.) It weighs next to nothing. Compared to a regular Speedie on a bracelet, it is a feather.

Monochrome had a write up on it ... https://monochrome-watches.com/omega-sp ... iew-price/

Excerpt: Omega Speedmaster Skywalker X-33 (reference: 318.90.45.79.01.001)

On the 11th of December 2014, Omega presented to the public the new Omega Speedmaster X-33 Skywalker. The X-33 evolved from the Speedmaster Professional X-33 and has been innovatively upgraded and developed to meet the needs not only of astronauts but of anyone who can appreciate its impressive variety of functions. This timepiece is crafted from grade 2 titanium incorporating of course design elements from the classic Speedmaster Professional and the previous generations of X-33’s. Grade 2 was selected not only for its light weight and other properties but also for its dim grey color which minimizes unwanted light reflections. The case measures 45mm is diameter, 14.89mm in height and has a 20mm lug size (bracelet tapers to 18mm at the clasp). This Speedmaster Professional has a ceramic bezel which features a chromium nitride scale. There is a luminescent white super-Luminova with cyan emission on the 60-minute marker indicator. The bracelet is made of brushed grade 2 titanium with grade 5 titanium links on a brushed fold-over clasp. The cover and opening pushers are made of grade 5 titanium; the inner folding clasp is in grade 2.

On the dial we notice black and white hour and minute hands, which are coated with super-luminova that emits a green light. The bold red central seconds hand is clearly visible, while the hands can be disengaged to allow clear reading of the digital display. The black dial is designed on a two level principle. The outer ring has white indexes and hour markers, while on the inside there is a central opening which houses the liquid crystal display (LCD) with an electroluminescent backlight. This allows the wearer to read clearly the displayed digital elements such as the hour, minute and seconds of up to three different time zones, three alarms, chronograph and countdown functions, and a perpetual calendar. In addition to its analogue and digital displays, this timepiece incorporates two functions that will prove useful for on-duty astronauts: mission elapsed time (MET) and phase elapsed time (PET).
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rgb »

Oh, and since you like blue watches and crystals with a green edge, there is a blue and green version of the same w/a green second hand and green digital display, on nato - the Skywalker X-33 Chronograph 45 mm Solar Impulse Limited Edition (318.92.45.79.03.001) - same price as the black version.

I'm not a real nato fan but could certainly live with this dial and case were it offered on the titanium bracelet.
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |

rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by rgb »

Dude on WUS selling a "RARE Omega Speedmaster "Meteorite Dial" Apollo/Soyuz w/Astronaut Signatures B+P " for $7,350

Really cool dial supposedly made from a meteorite.
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-rar ... 41186.html

nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Post by nbg »

rgb wrote:Dude on WUS selling a "RARE Omega Speedmaster "Meteorite Dial" Apollo/Soyuz w/Astronaut Signatures B+P " for $7,350

Really cool dial supposedly made from a meteorite.
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-rar ... 41186.html

I think one of the forumites on here has one, but can't remember who.
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
james80
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by james80 »

Frederique Constat Peking to Paris that Amazon keeps sending me emails about. It's only $1250.

I have concerns however, I would have thought the run of 1888 would have sold out by now? Also the rotor in the Amazon pictures is plain whereas the official pictures show the Peking to Paris logo.

Thoughts?
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

James, I really like the watch its lovely. However, this is the newer version with the plain rotor, the older one was better - Aifo has it. Also it an be found close to $1k on Jomashop during sale periods. $1.2k is still a great price for the watch but Amazon's California tax will add another 10% for me.
james80
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by james80 »

Thanks for the info Om, I had a feeling you'd know something about it.

So is it 1888 total or 1888 of the old and 1888 of the new?
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: The

Post by blowfish89 »

james80 wrote:Thanks for the info Om, I had a feeling you'd know something about it.

So is it 1888 total or 1888 of the old and 1888 of the new?
I don't know the answer to that...
JAG
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by JAG »

A AD keeps trying to sell this to me but not for me I wish I never gave them my E-mail A/D

Sent from a iphone but not a APPLE FANBOY
My spelling & Grammar stinks i no you don't have to PM me to Explain ! :-)
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

Tuna is only the beginning of the rabbit hole, no maybe its the Shogun. Nope, its the Seiko 5.

Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

But for Mark 1
I miss all the great things that may never be.
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

Re: The

Post by nbg »

JAG wrote:A AD keeps trying to sell this to me but not for me I wish I never gave them my E-mail A/D

Sent from a iphone but not a APPLE FANBOY
Saw one yesterday at an Omega boutique. I quite like it, but it's about £600 more than the standard model, which seems optimistic pricing - "but sir it is a limited edition, our allowance is 10 and we have already sold 6". Interesting how the Bond connection seems to make such a difference, as I think the same boutique took a couple of months to sell their first version of the standard model. But at least the bracelet is all brushed with no PCLs.

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK