Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: The "what watch are you day dreaming about now" thread

Post by Peteo »

^^^^
And the fleeting hope of many people on this forum was just dashed. :)
Peteo
C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor, C63 Sealander (Y)
AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, G. SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103A SAB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20, TUDOR Black Bay Heritage
rgb
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by rgb »

jtc wrote:
downer wrote:I am still tempted to find a good example of the previous Omega AT Golf white dial - 231.10.42.21.02.002. This was only in circulation for a short while and is becoming hard to find already. A future classic AT IMO.

Would that mean the Solo would be available? ;)
Ah, the Ryder Cup Captain's Watch, released to commemorate the 2012 Ryder Cup at Medinah Country Club, Illinois.

Prestige Time has a new one - $4180 "Saving 24%".

http://www.prestigetime.com/item/Omega/ ... 2.002.html
Rolex Explorer II | Tudor BBR | Tudor North Flag | Omega Seamaster Pro 300M | Speedmaster 3513.30 | TAG Kirium F1 | Chr.Ward C9 GMT | C10 Mk1 | C65 LE | Oris Player's 7410 |
WR: 7.25"

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.
Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Serlo »

I think that I found a watch that I could dream about again, the Nomos Lambda 39mm.

They finally have released a smaller version of one of their two gold models. Just take a look at this wonderful movement:

I once had a look at the regular size model and was able to have a look at the movement in the flesh. It is breathtakingly beautiful, so beautiful that you should wear this watch upside down. Ay, there's the rub, it also comes with a new dial colour:

Black or white?
Can I really focus on saving for this watch that is four times as expensive as my most expensive watch?
Should I sell watches so as to fund this watch? (This is the first time I am tempted...)
Could I justify spending that much on one single watch and would I actually wear it?

'Tis nothing but a dream!
Andreas
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

downer wrote: Nice one, Peteo! Congrats on the purchase and the forthcoming birthday. :D
Thanks and thanks, Downer! Is it bad that I'm still looking a little longingly at pictures of the EZM 13?

Also wondering if there will be any visibility issues with the white hands against the cream dials? In some pictures it looks like it could be a little tough. I'm sure depth will help when looking at the real thing. If not, I'm pretty sure I can flip it without too much loss.

The trials and tribulations of grabbing an LE sight unseen, I suppose.
Peteo
AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, G. SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103A SAB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20, TUDOR Black Bay Heritage
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Serlo wrote:
Black or white?
Can I really focus on saving for this watch that is four times as expensive as my most expensive watch?
Should I sell watches so as to fund this watch? (This is the first time I am tempted...)
Could I justify spending that much on one single watch and would I actually wear it?

'Tis nothing but a dream!
Oh man. I'm a sucker for a good white dial, but I'm also a sucker for the black and gold combo. An interesting choice for sure! And count yourself lucky, despite any dissonance you might be experiencing, that you can even consider selling off your collection for this one! :) It is very very nice.

EDIT: Oh and that caseback is doubly very very nice!
Peteo
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Serlo wrote:Just take a look at this wonderful movement:

I once had a look at the regular size model and was able to have a look at the movement in the flesh. It is breathtakingly beautiful, so beautiful that you should wear this watch upside down. Ay, there's the rub, it also comes with a new dial colour:

Black or white?
Ooh, Mama, can I have one of each?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

Well Serlo, if you are getting a German black dial gold watch, consider this too -
Serlo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Serlo »

Actually I tried this on and felt that the 12.7mm are too high for this kind of watch. The 9.11mm of the Nomos are much better :lol:. The Glashütte Original is a wonderful watch indeed, if it wasn't for all this "Mondphase", "Panoramadatum" etc. I know that the Lambda does the same thing because it says that it's got a 84 hours power reserve...

I just like simple designs and dial faces, something that I have come to appreciate in watches. No one is going to know that the watch was that expensive (with the exception of people that know the brand and the model). However, I have done the sums on how long it would take me to get the watch. Christmas 2016 sounds like a reasonable time frame... But this would also mean that I will not going to get any more watches (so far I have done fairly well since April and I don't think that I am going to buy a watch this year).

If I look at my SOTC and do the sums, I actually could have bought both versions already :oops:. Then I thought about which watches I could sell (without missing them) and only came up with 5 that could get me about 1,500€...

Well, all in all it is never going to happen! But this is the "what watch are you dreaming about" thread, isn't it.
Andreas
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by jtc »

downer wrote:^^^ The Solo is long gone. I sold it a couple of weeks ago. :D

And that would be my problem now... I have no others that I would wish to sell right now.
Doh, missed out there. Oh well, couldn't afford it anyway :lol:
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Halios | Oris
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Tried this on at watchfinder yesterday. Never even thought about one before but I kinda want one now:

I miss all the great things that may never be.
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes

Post by reggie747 »

Dancematt wrote:Tried this on at watchfinder yesterday. Never even thought about one before but I kinda want one now:

Don't walk towards the light...... :D
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
downer

Post by downer »

^^^ I was looking at that online a few days ago. Very nice watch. :thumbup:
Richard
welshlad
CW-watches: 22

Post by welshlad »

I've been thinking about this one a bit again recently. Would fill the hole in my collection for a non-black chronograph very nicely. I particularly like the size (39mm) as well as the vintagey design.

Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Oh man. That Tudor does look the biz. That cyclops though :/
Peteo
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Peteo wrote:Oh man. That Tudor does look the biz. That cyclops though :/
downer wrote:^^^ I was looking at that online a few days ago. Very nice watch. :thumbup:
She's a 40mm beauty - cyclops comes with the territory though so what can you do however the bracelet was Seiko 5 territory- worse actually. Over 2k for a used valjoux (not that the movement bothers me) means I will have to pass.
welshlad wrote:I've been thinking about this one a bit again recently. Would fill the hole in my collection for a non-black chronograph very nicely. I particularly like the size (39mm) as well as the vintagey design.

I've looked at this one too, insane price aside; in the shop window the colours are all quite dull, the dial is a darker shade of grey than this pic so the thing looses it's sparkle.
I miss all the great things that may never be.