The Second (in)Coming

A place to discuss other watch-brands
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

The Second (in)Coming

Post by ItsAliveJim »

I thought I'd posted this last night but must have got distracted :?

If you've read my Ball thread here: http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =8&t=23606 you'll know that I bought another one from the same seller.

This one is very different, however, and again, I wasn't really looking for it, it found me. Since selling my Artego I have missed having a blue-dialed diver, and at the end of last year I just missed out on a blue dial Halios Laguna, which would have been perfect, but this will fill the gap – for a while anyway :lol:

It was described as mint and unworn, the same as the Ball, and it didn't disappoint again. There isn't a mark on it, and as with the Ball, the bracelet was resized to exactly the right fit. Bonus :thumbup:

I used to own a Raven Vintage by the same team that produce this one and the fit and finish is top notch for the price point, and I haven't had to pay import duty. So here it is – a Benarus Remora II

Quality, unmarked travel case

Spare 'Isofrane' strap

Specs are:

* Citizen-Miyota 9015 mechanical automatic movement
* 42mm wide case
* 22mm lugs
* 3mm flat sapphire crystal
* sapphire bezel
* 316L Stainless steel case and bracelet
* 120 click uni-directional bezel
* C3 Superluminova
* screw down crown and case back
* 500 meters water resistant
* Steel bracelet and leather strap

The finish on this one is a dark grey bead-blast, and the dial is a more ocean blue than the pics show. The bracelet is chunky with screw-in links and a logo embossed divers clasp with micro-adjustment. The case also has drilled lugs for easy strap changes.

Do I need a another diver? No. Do I think this one is worth keeping? Only time will tell but so far I'm very happy with it. If I was buying brand new I would have probably gone for the more traditional brushed steel over the bead blast because if you scratch a bead-blasted case it's a proper PITA to put right. Brushed steel can be fixed with a Scotch pad :thumbup:

Anyway, that's all folks – for now. Thanks for reading once again people :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: The Second (in)Coming

Post by Dancematt »

Aaah a Benarus, they were all the rage a couple of years ago, not a brand that ever appealed to me with exception to the world diver. Well built watches I bet, very sturdy but prefer your old Raven. Congrats IAJ (or should I call you Noah? They always come in twos :lol:)
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Ceegee
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by Ceegee »

They're really great watches. So well made. I miss my Benarus Moray 42. Boo hoo
Robin CB
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by Robin CB »

Very nice IAJ, but too big for me.

I do like the bead-blasted finish though - reminds me o the Damaskos 8)

I could see it would be difficult to re-finish if marked, but how resilient is the finish?