Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Re: The Rolex family...

Post by Loddonite »

Lavaine wrote:Maybe if I ever buy one I'll just need to hang out with a better class of people to avoid those questions..
But you're here... we are a better class of people!
:D
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Excellent collection! Thanks for the look. Very impressive...just one question...how did that C60 homage get in there? :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by f1colin »

Kip wrote:Excellent collection! Thanks for the look. Very impressive...just one question...how did that C60 homage get in there? :lol:

Good call! Or is it a steinhart ocean 1?
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

Lovely collection, I suspect your F1 memorabilia may be worth more than the Rolex collection. 8)
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

Lovely. I'll take the non-date sub, please!
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

alphajet wrote:Lovely collection, I suspect your F1 memorabilia may be worth more than the Rolex collection. 8)

Possibly....
f1colin

Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
shrink
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by shrink »

although i really dont have a thing for gold watches at all... theres just something about the gold / Blue sub that is so right.
Who watches the watch-men
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

Just been dreaming about Rolex subs again. Thought about buying one about 5 or 6 years ago (before the recent price hikes :roll: ).

Maybe if I sell the rest of my collection... :-k
ruthwall1
Senior
Senior

Post by ruthwall1 »

WOW :shock:

Very nice. A choice selection. :clap:

wear in good health
Alan
IN Omega Seamaster 600 (60's). INCOMING Zenith (40's) deposit paid & on hold for collection 20/01/13.

OUTList is long with a few regrets
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

ruthwall1 wrote:WOW :shock:

where in good health
Alan
Many thanks - I dont see this family expanding any time soon - the prices have gone too steep! Was tempted with a pre-owned orange hand / white faced Milgauss recently but even that seemed very high... Cant complain though. :D
f1colin

Seiko Pogue
grejyedi
Junior
Junior

Post by grejyedi »

Lovely collection Colin

I had a TT Submariner. One of the worst days of my life is when I woke, took my watch off went to the shower and thought there's something wrong with my watch but not sure why. Got to work and checked the date to sign in and realized "The bezel's missing".

Big panic when I got home trying to find the bezel - found the ring and the spring under my bed, but eventually found the bezel itself in the waste basket - it must have knocked off when i was doing some unpacking but I wasn't impressed.

The the AD pulled a long nose on me complaining about the dings on the watch, just from desk diving. Came back nciely polished but they do scratch easily from desk diving.

Must say that I wish the CW GMT used the same system as the GMT II. I think if you are really traveling setting the hour independently with no lose in the seconds is the only way to go.
ruthwall1
Senior
Senior

Post by ruthwall1 »

f1colin wrote:
ruthwall1 wrote:WOW :shock:

where in good health
Alan
Many thanks - I dont see this family expanding any time soon - the prices have gone too steep! Was tempted with a pre-owned orange hand / white faced Milgauss recently but even that seemed very high... Cant complain though. :D
No probs at all (please excuse my "where" spelling I was having a bad spelling day)

I had the short lived honour of having a Rolex Precision 1968 manual wind a while ago. Hooked me into Rolex, and gave me an appreciation of smaller watches. But as you state cannot at the mo invest that kind of money any more the used market is also very strong. Once my little boys £800.00 per month child care fees go down I will re-visit Rolex as the precision had to go.

Alan
IN Omega Seamaster 600 (60's). INCOMING Zenith (40's) deposit paid & on hold for collection 20/01/13.

OUTList is long with a few regrets
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

If anyone is seriously in the market for a new Rolex, I would recommend London City Airport. Gassan have a good range and you can call them to "reserve" a piece. It does make booking a cheap day flight return to, say, Edinburgh well worthwhile if the cost of the flight at c£120 facilitates a saving of £1000 VAT on a £5k watch! Gassan's watches are priced with the 20% off the ticket, so no complex reclaims
f1colin

Seiko Pogue