The Hamtun Neon

A place to discuss other watch-brands
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

The Hamtun Neon

Post by tempusmaximus »

British microbrand Hamtun is returning to Kickstarter with the Neon , a stylish tool watch accented in bold colours and powered by a Swiss automatic movement .

http://www.thetimebum.com/2018/01/hamtun-neon.html

Bernie
eggtronics
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: The Hamtun Neon

Post by eggtronics »

Just completed a review of the Neon: https://www.watchitallabout.com/hamtun- ... ch-review/
When I see a watch, the last thing I see is the time

Watch It All About
The WIAA Shop

I've always got loads of watches for sale, PM me to see what I've got available right now!
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

The Hamtun Neon

Post by gaf1958 »

The brand name Hamtun doesn’t sound like something to come out of Britain, nor does it roll off the tongue nicely. That aside, it seems like a decent enough watch. I feel that the stainless finished black dialled version with orange (and yellow) details looks quite nice, although many of the colour ways look a little generic.
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
itsross

Post by itsross »

gaf1958 wrote:The brand name Hamtun doesn’t sound like something to come out of Britain, nor does it roll off the tongue nicely. That aside, it seems like a decent enough watch. I feel that the stainless finished black dialled version with orange (and yellow) details looks quite nice, although many of the colour ways look a little generic.
Just FYI this is my brand. Not advertising at all, just responding on the name. I'm based in Southampton, and Hamtun is one of the ancient names of the settlements that eventually became Southampton. I was on Hamtun Street when trying desperately to come up with a name!
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

itsross wrote:...Hamtun is one of the ancient names of the settlements that eventually became Southampton. I was on Hamtun Street when trying desperately to come up with a name!
That it may be :) but to my ear it still sounds like an Asian company name, rather than British. Sorry...

If it was Hampton rather than Hamtun it would be different, I’ll happily admit that the spelling and a change to which syllable *I* perceived as having the accent/emphasis on it, would make a difference.

I still quite like the watch... :)
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
itsross

Post by itsross »

gaf1958 wrote:
itsross wrote:...Hamtun is one of the ancient names of the settlements that eventually became Southampton. I was on Hamtun Street when trying desperately to come up with a name!
That it may be :) but to my ear it still sounds like an Asian company name, rather than British. Sorry...

If it was Hampton rather than Hamtun it would be different, I’ll happily admit that the spelling and a change to which syllable *I* perceived as having the accent/emphasis on it, would make a difference.

I still quite like the watch... :)
Yeah I understand, was just explaining so you got the reference (however bad it may be!)

And thanks :)
Lindellc

Post by Lindellc »

Must say I really like this watch (and the H1). If I manage to sell one of my watches it's a top contender for my summer watch :)
Avo
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Avo »

Surprised the Neon hasn't made more of an impact. I'm quite fond of my full-lume dial version:
IMG_2263.jpg
IMG_2265.jpg
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

eggtronics wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:09 pm Just completed a review of the Neon: https://www.watchitallabout.com/hamtun- ... ch-review/
Nice review.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris
albionphoto
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 10

Post by albionphoto »

I like the DLC version on the stainless strap. The lug-to-lug length would worry me with my 6.75" wrist though.
Mark
Bremont, Casio, Citizen, Christopher Ward, Chronotechna, Mido, Omega and Oris