The despicable quartz (mechanical purist be warned)

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

The despicable quartz (mechanical purist be warned)

Post by Aifo »

I blame the mid-life crises, and the low market which allows me endless web browsing time, for driving me to the insanity of acquiring this watch. I debated hard, real hard on how to live with myself for doing this, and my only condolences came from the fact that what is missing from the movement has been compensated by the engineering on the case and dial IMO, and that it is NOT digital. So here I am, shamelessly share with all fellow members my new quartz, a Casio Wave Ceptor Edifice. :oops:

The Specs are pretty standard, "just" 6-bands Radio-controlled auto-collaboration, Solar powered, 1/1000 of a second chronograph, world time function, 10 bar WR, time, date, and alarm, for the spec freaks you may wish to read this too but it's quite boring really Spec.

What I like is that its not crazy large, about c40 size and thickness, and for a relatively small watch (in today's standard) Casio managed to pack into the dial 5 motors and some interesting little details like the green carbon fiber bits where light enters to reach the photovoltaic cells, and without sacrificing the legibility with lum coated markers (I hate those LED lights on Gs) and contrasting hands.

Of course one would need eagle eyes to read all the tiny midget markers on the smaller registers, but the 3D structure and the layering of them enhances their decorative elements and while probably not being used regularly, they don't stand in the way of time-telling.

All the above seems ok impressive but wouldn't push me over the edge of becoming a quartz lunatic. What really gets crazy is when the watch turns "alive" Tube Reference Video at 2:30.

Customary wrist shots to sum up:

Well, hope you find this an interesting thread and I wouldn't be surprised one may find it "Fugly" :lol:
Incoming: 0
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: The despicable quartz (mechanical purist be warned)

Post by jmarchitect »

Not for me Aifo but that isn't the point, is it? You like it and that is all that matters. 8)
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

jmarchitect wrote:Not for me Aifo but that isn't the point, is it? You like it and that is all that matters. 8)
+1...It's your watch - enjoy! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

It is a very nice looking watch Aifo, we all have our own moments of madness :lol: enjoy.
Graham
Helix Von Smelix
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 108

Post by Helix Von Smelix »

I love 'em. Well done for coming out :clap:

My name is Helix, and i own a Casio :D :shock: :D (or two. or three....) 8)

Bet you find you wear it a lot!!
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

I have a radio controlled, solar G-Shock. It is great to have a watch that is always at the correct and that you never have to adjust. Mind you I never actually wear it. :lol:
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by Aifo »

Mixed receptions as expected and I truly appreciate your take on this. Guess would wear this while hanging out with my younger cousins so that I'd eventually have "something" to talk about and gradually guide them towards mechanical watches.
Incoming: 0
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

That youtube video is pretty impressive. It goes to show that I would have no idea how to use most if not all of the functions on this watch! I actually don't mind it as it takes me bakc to my youth when I was really into Casio and the black solid styling of their analogues and digitals.

Enjoy it!
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 149
LE-one: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Not my style, but extremely difficult to argue the functionality of the watch.

Enjoy it...that's what matters. :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by AliBar »

Aifo wrote:So here I am, shamelessly share with all fellow members my new quartz, a Casio Wave Ceptor Edifice. :oops:
No shame in my book Aifo. My totally shameless confession is that I bought a very similar one partly as a "beater" but also as the "time setting oracle" for when picking the auto's out of the watch box. Radio controlled accuracy so no more excuse than that needed :thumbup:
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
Macca

Post by Macca »

That watch is lovely, I recently saw the Red Bull Racing edifice in dubai airport which was also lovely- however I think the colour scheme on yours is lovely and the tech in that watch is a gadget lovers wet dream lol.. enjoy!
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by alphajet »

I have a Casio Waveceptor that I have never photographed as it is far too Fugly, it sits in my watch case and is used every day to set the mechanical watch I will be wearing. I think of it as watch tool, similar to a Bergeon strap changing tool rather than a tool watch. :D
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by redd »

If I were 10 that would be the coolest watch in the word. I'm a 40 odd year old kid instead and its still a 'bit' cool :D
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
highway62

Post by highway62 »

I depicably quite like that! :D
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

it gets my vote - I would be more than happy to have one in my collection and the only reason i wont is that i have to draw the line and say no to many that i like, but yes I think its a credible watch.
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham