LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Re: Stowa Antea

Post by AliBar »

downer wrote:
Leo David wrote:
downer wrote:Lovely watch. What is the diameter of these?
Stowa website provides these details

Dimensions
Diameter: 35.50 mm
Height: 6.90 mm
Strap width: 18 mm
Jammy Devil wrote:
downer wrote:Lovely watch. What is the diameter of these?
Antea 365
Diameter 36.5
Height 9.2
Movement ETA 2824-2, automatic
Thanks. That's why I was a little confused. :?
Time to be even more confused :?

Remembering my "with friends" piccie, I thought the size was fairly close to the C50/C5 so I've dug out the tape measure. To my reckoning, mine is the Antea 390 version i.e. 39mm diameter, 9.2mm depth i.e. closest to the C50. It would be interesting if JD's is a different size :shock: .

For the comparison:
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Seriously? When I saw the offer, I was unsure which size they were selling. I was worried the 35/36 sizes would be too small for my wrists. Had I known it was the 39mm I'd have gone for it.
Richard
Jammy Devil
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Jammy Devil »

Mea culpa :oops:
It is the Antea 390 - 39mm - ETA 2824-2 automatic
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by AliBar »

downer wrote:Seriously? When I saw the offer, I was unsure which size they were selling. I was worried the 35/36 sizes would be too small for my wrists. Had I known it was the 39mm I'd have gone for it.
I know what you're getting at. The "offer" was sketchy on any real details. To be honest, when I ordered, I didn't know whether it was the hand wound or the automatic or what the case size was. It was the design/look - Nomos'esque as others have observed - and with a Nomos being on my "want" list - that hooked me in. Plus, at that relatively ridiculous price, the fact that they were disappearing at a rate of knots caused the Buy button to be hit mucho pronto.

Would I still have bought at the full whack price ?... now there's a difficult question. Ignoring what I know now, I doubt I would have pulled the trigger just from browsing the web. With hindsight of a) the Stowa buying experience - couldn't rate it higher, b) handling/seeing the actual product and c) the smug feeling of having snaffled a bargain, I will be keeping an eye out for future bargains :thumbup:
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club