Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Steinhart Response Time

Post by Peteo »

I pulled the trigger on a DLC Nav Chrono on Wednesday. Or at least, I tried to. But the address information was incomplete with my order, so I e-mailed Steinhart around 5 PM US Eastern Time providing the correct address and asking for a response. Two full business days have now passed since that e-mail, and I haven't heard back.

What are folks' general experience with Steinhart's e-mail response time? Not the best first impression, I must say. :?
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Re: Steinhart Response Time

Post by Mr Rick »

Peteo wrote:I pulled the trigger on a DLC Nav Chrono on Wednesday. Or at least, I tried to. But the address information was incomplete with my order, so I e-mailed Steinhart around 5 PM US Eastern Time providing the correct address and asking for a response. Two full business days have now passed since that e-mail, and I haven't heard back.

What are folks' general experience with Steinhart's e-mail response time? Not the best first impression, I must say. :?
I hope you get lucky.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f275/perha ... 76889.html

I buy my Steinharts from Gnomon.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
highway62

Post by highway62 »

My experience was good with prompt responses to my enquiries. However things do seem to have changed with regards to that side of things sadly.
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Peteo. I also ordered the nav b chrono dlc (surprise, surprise!) yesterday and had an email from Gunter later that day after I messed up the shipping address. He also told me that the watches will be ready for shipping next week. Prior to that though the emails I sent didn't get responded to for a couple of days but I put that down to their service provide issues. Hang in there, I am sure you will hear soon!
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

My own experience is generally positive, although the email response time is patchy.

Overall, I think they try hard, but are probably a little low on staff numbers and lacking in decent back-office systems.

The watches though, are worth it! :)
Richard
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by CornishDave »

I second what Richard says, they come across as a very small company that sruggles with demand at times, but they usually get there in the end. I also concur with his comments re the quality of their product.
castle
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by castle »

What is it with you pair and incorrect address details? :D
I have contacted Steinhart a couple of times with different results varying from being apparently totally ignored to getting a response from the man himself within 30 mins. Is it possible that emails written in English may need translated before actioned and there may be a delay if available staff are waiting for others to translate?
CW-C8 MKI
Steinhart Nav B-Chrono II
Citizen -"Orca" and 1976 chrono.
Seiko-"Spork", "Stargate II", "Blumo", 009 mod.
Zeno 300m army diver
Revue Thommen Airspeed chrono
Junkers Bauhaus.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

CornishDave wrote:I second what Richard says, they come across as a very small company that sruggles with demand at times, but they usually get there in the end. I also concur with his comments re the quality of their product.
Maybe I'm spoiled by CWL's noteworthy customer service. :clap:

I've e-mailed Steinhart on one other occasion, back when I was still lusting after the Triton, and I wanted to drop them a note suggesting that I would be a customer if they would release a few models that were a little bit smaller. I never got a response to that e-mail, but I shrugged that one off since I didn't actually have a question. Entirely different matter when I am trying to get money to the guy though.

I suppose I could just place a separate order and let the Paypal link from the first order go unused, but at this point, I'm willing to let this play out to see how long it takes to get a response.
Peteo
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

I got another email from Gunter yesterday afternoon confirming shipping address. Fair play to him for getting back to me on a weekend. Now just one final query with him for response regarding an additional strap. Lets see how long that takes. All in all though, I am very excited about getting my hands on this watch.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

nathanclarinet wrote:I got another email from Gunter yesterday afternoon confirming shipping address. Fair play to him for getting back to me on a weekend. Now just one final query with him for response regarding an additional strap. Lets see how long that takes. All in all though, I am very excited about getting my hands on this watch.
Three full business days passed and still no response. Sure, Gunter deserves credit for getting back to you on the weekend, but that also means that my e-mail has gone ignored over a weekend plus 3 business days. This is really not leaving a good taste in my mouth. I sent him another e-mail about half an hour ago asking for a response.

I'm sending my e-mails to info@steinhart.de which is the same e-mail address that my order confirmation came from. Do you have some alternate address that you're using?
Peteo
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

All of my emails have gone to the 'info' address however, one response was cc'd to Keller@steinhartwatches.de. I received a formal confirmation of order email yesterday advising that a dispatch number will be sent in the next few days when the watch is shipped. Sorry that the experience hasn't been as positive for you Peteo.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

nathanclarinet wrote:All of my emails have gone to the 'info' address however, one response was cc'd to Keller@steinhartwatches.de. I received a formal confirmation of order email yesterday advising that a dispatch number will be sent in the next few days when the watch is shipped. Sorry that the experience hasn't been as positive for you Peteo.
Maybe they just like people named Nathan or people who play clarinets? :D I guess I'll try that Keller e-mail address in a couple of days, but if I don't hear back after that, I'm just going to assume that they don't really want my business. A shame really. I would have liked that watch, I'll bet.
Peteo
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nathanclarinet »

Maybe just word another email to them as you have here saying they will lose your custom if they don't respond. Hopefully that would work.
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by redd »

You should be grateful that they'd even consider selling you watches of that quality at those prices ;)
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

redd wrote:You should be grateful that they'd even consider selling you watches of that quality at those prices ;)
You have spent too much time at WUS. :lol:
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator