Seiko's New Presage Sharp Edged GMT Now Available..

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Seiko's New Presage Sharp Edged GMT Now Available..

Post by Thunder1 »

This one will be hard to ignore..the question is, what color(s)?.. :problem:

Seiko Presage Sharp Edged GMT “Aitetsu” Ref. SARF001

Demonstrating exquisite Japanese craftsmanship and a rich heritage of fine mechanical watchmaking, Seiko unveiled their latest GMT offering to the Presage Sharped Edge family of watches, incorporating its signature hemp-leaf textured dial and a beautifully crafted angular case that has become a distinctive hallmark of this enchanting collection. Things get even more exciting underneath its impressive appearance with a full-fledged “true GMT” automatic in-house caliber, truly conjuring up the spirit of adventure for jet set travellers.

Seiko caliber 6R64 automatic GMT movement

The Presage Sharp Edged GMT “Aitetsu” Ref. SARF001 is driven by the in-house Seiko caliber 6R64 automatic GMT movement. Being a “true” GMT movement, the GMT hand can be adjusted independently without hacking the second hand, a feature truly appreciated by frequent travellers. Speaking of the second hand, the 29 jewel movement beats at a smooth 28,800 BPH (4Hz) while providing a substantial power reserve of 45 hours. The exhibition screw-in caseback allows for a view of the exceptional movement, this also equips the watch a considerable 100m of water resistance.

https://www.gnomonwatches.com/products/ ... d4b3&_ss=r
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Re: Seiko's New Presage Sharp Edged GMT Now Available..

Post by KornSaksakorn »

Please also consider 140th anniversary limited model of 3,500 pieces: SARF007.
Korn Saksakorn S.
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

KornSaksakorn wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:38 pm Please also consider 140th anniversary limited model of 3,500 pieces: SARF007.
Thanx for the heads-up!!.. :)
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Thunder1 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:16 pm This one will be hard to ignore.. :problem:
I’ll give it a go.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Thunder1 »

Ha-Ha..I'm not surprised!!.. :lol:
gannet
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by gannet »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:12 pm
Thunder1 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:16 pm This one will be hard to ignore.. :problem:
I’ll give it a go.
Me too!
-- gannet.
C65 AMGT 1VEV | C60 Trident Chronograph 300 | C7 Rapide Automatic | C7 Rapide Quartz | C3 Malvern Chronograph MK II -Limited Edition
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

I think Seiko should be applauded for producing a "true GMT" at a very accessible price point, although I do think they've overcooked this one a little with the addition of the date sub-dial and PR indicator.

Look forward to seeing what else they release with this movement in future.
Ryan
Bahnstormer_vRS
CW-watches: 34
LE-three: 1
LE-foura: 1
LE-fourb: 1
LE-six: 1

Post by Bahnstormer_vRS »

"True GMT"? Not by my understanding.

The description refers to adjusting the GMT hand without hacking the Seconds hand. Isn't that what you do on the ETA 2893-2 / Sellita SW330-1 used by CW in their GMT watches?

I thought that a true GMT movement allowed you to adjust the Hours hand independently.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk

In small proportions, we just beautie see:
And in short measures, life may perfect bee. - Ben Jonson (1572 – 1637)

Inscription on the Longitude Dial
Hatfield House, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9 5NB, England
Dynamite_Kid19
Expert
Expert

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 »

Bahnstormer_vRS wrote:"True GMT"? Not by my understanding.

The description refers to adjusting the GMT hand without hacking the Seconds hand. Isn't that what you do on the ETA 2893-2 / Sellita SW330-1 used by CW in their GMT watches?

I thought that a true GMT movement allowed you to adjust the Hours hand independently.

Guy

Sent from my Xperia 5 using Tapatalk
I saw that in the email. I think it's a typo. I checked the various watch blogs when they were announced and they all said hour hand can be set independently. Love Gnomon but sometimes stuff gets lost in the translation but I cut them slack because it's not like I could put something together in a different language.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

KornSaksakorn
Senior
Senior

Post by KornSaksakorn »

This Seiko GMT allows the users to set hour hand forward/backward while the second hand still ticking. The date can only be changed after setting hour hand passed midnight. No quick date set.

Different hour hand / GMT hand mechanisms serve different purposes of the wearers.
Korn Saksakorn S.
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

StrappedUp wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:40 pm I think Seiko should be applauded for producing a "true GMT" at a very accessible price point, although I do think they've overcooked this one a little with the addition of the date sub-dial and PR indicator.

Look forward to seeing what else they release with this movement in future.
I feel you’re being a little optimistic for changes to this movement. This is the geometry of the 6R64 calibre which has been around for a few years, although only used previously about three years ago in a couple of JDM Landmaster releases.

WRT the posts above it is a true GMT. Complete with the ‘feature’ of a non-quickset date...

628882EA-DF77-4B9A-AB10-DAE2793B8A2A.jpeg
Tim