Seiko 7T32 Love

A place to discuss other watch-brands
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Seiko 7T32 Love

Post by gaf1958 »

Back in the day, I owned quite a few, well many, examples of Seiko's widely available 7T32 based watches. They were, and still remain, a favourite of mine. As usually happens, I sold mine, mostly some 8 or 9 years ago, but I still harbour a liking for them.

Admittedly, many of the ones I owned were probably not what I would wear now as I distinctly recall a few two tone silver & gold ones in there, but there were some wonderful colour combinations in the dials (we are talking nineties watches here).

I look every now and then at some that pop up, but unsurprisingly, they're hard to get in the condition I want combined with the style I like. Eventually I came across this one, NOS, with a black dial with orange subdials (one of my favourite colour combos) - so a bit of a retro "fun" watch. The case is probably not my favourite 7T32 style, but it's in keeping with the dial, so I thought why not. I can always do a movement / case swap later on perhaps.

The bracelet was full length, but only about 7.5" which was still more than enough. The nice thing from my point of view is that it has 22mm lugs, bigger than the usual 20mm, but also meaning I have a multitude of spare straps to fit.

So here it is, both on the bracelet and my final strap choice. I prefer it on the strap, by quite a large margin... Oh yes, i think it likely that there will more on the way over the next few months. :wink:

... and on the strap. I think that losing the bracelet tones the case down significantly; to the point that I rather like it.

CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Seiko 7T32 Love

Post by tempusmaximus »

Very nice Gary . I also prefer it on the strap . Orange and black are a great colour combination imo , looks great . I once owned a couple of 7t32's , a panda and a yellow dial with black sub dials versions , lovely watches .
Bernie
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Seiko 7T32 Love

Post by gaf1958 »

Thanks Bernie. The really nice thing about this one is that unlike some NOS watches that have storage marks in some spots, this is pristine. Not a mark in sight, even on the bracelet.
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by tempusmaximus »

tempusmaximus wrote:Very nice Gary . I also prefer it on the strap . Orange and black are a great colour combination imo , looks great . I once owned a couple of 7t32's , a panda and a yellow dial with black sub dials versions , lovely watches .
The watches was given to me if I remember . At the time though I didn't collect quartz watches , I think I gave them my brother . I wish I hadn't now , but you live and you learn :D

I can't wait to see what others you acquire Gary , there are some fantastic colour combinations .
Bernie
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by gaf1958 »

The next one is much less vibrant, but I'm still on the lookout for some unique colours Bernie. :)

One of my old ones was a yellow/black dial, I was rather fond of it at the time...
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
Thermexman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 4

Post by Thermexman »

Very nice acquisition there Gary. Nice addition to the collection. :thumbup:
Steve.
nigelb001
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by nigelb001 »

Good looking watch and a great find :thumbup: . A black strap with orange stitching would do it for me nicely :D
CW C7 Rapide / Breitling Top Time + Superocean / Laco Memmingen
Tissot PRS516 Auto + PRS516 Chrono / Seiko Padi Turtle
tikkathree
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by tikkathree »

gaf1958 wrote:Back in the day, I owned quite a few, well many, examples of Seiko's widely available 7T32 based watches. They were, and still remain, a favourite of mine. As usually happens, I sold mine, mostly some 8 or 9 years ago, but I still harbour a liking for them.

Admittedly, many of the ones I owned were probably not what I would wear now as I distinctly recall a few two tone silver & gold ones in there, but there were some wonderful colour combinations in the dials (we are talking nineties watches here).

I look every now and then at some that pop up, but unsurprisingly, they're hard to get in the condition I want combined with the style I like. Eventually I came across this one, NOS, with a black dial with orange subdials (one of my favourite colour combos) - so a bit of a retro "fun" watch. The case is probably not my favourite 7T32 style, but it's in keeping with the dial, so I thought why not. I can always do a movement / case swap later on perhaps.

The bracelet was full length, but only about 7.5" which was still more than enough. The nice thing from my point of view is that it has 22mm lugs, bigger than the usual 20mm, but also meaning I have a multitude of spare straps to fit.

So here it is, both on the bracelet and my final strap choice. I prefer it on the strap, by quite a large margin... Oh yes, i think it likely that there will more on the way over the next few months. :wink:

... and on the strap. I think that losing the bracelet tones the case down significantly; to the point that I rather like it.

1. I'd say I like the bracelet but the clasp looks out of place?

2. I've highlighted part of your text because it chimes absolutely with the way I felt/feel about the four subdial 7T34 watches. I've managed successfully to acquire just one via EBay: two have been returned with unacceptable and undeclared faults and one has got "lost" in EBay's global shipping program. Doh!
C60 MKI, MKII, MKIII: "some",
C6 & C60 Kingfishers,
C600 Tritechs,
C63 "some",
C65 "some",
C4, C40, C8, C9, C3, C5, C20 & 23FLE
Some other brands