A place to discuss other watch-brands
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Re: Rethinking the collection.

Post by mabotham »

Cheers for that; found the first link last night. Im still a bit confused re the company - I see timefactors sells them with good detail; but unsure who actually makes them, owns the company etc..? Sorry, I know it's me being impatient again!
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

mabotham wrote:Cheers for that; found the first link last night. Im still a bit confused re the company - I see timefactors sells them with good detail; but unsure who actually makes them, owns the company etc..? Sorry, I know it's me being impatient again!
Eddie Platts owns Timefactors, TZ-UK and the Speedbird brand. I believe the watches are assembled in Germany.
Richard
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

He is also a member of this forum as coquin. Does not have enough post for sales corner but given all the hassle with speed posters on TZ-UK he will be the one member I guarantee will not speed post. :lol:
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by mabotham »

Downer, I thank you
SperlingPE
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 4

Post by SperlingPE »

I did this last year.
However, I did not sell any.
Most of the watches that I did not wear were watches that I acquired in my youth.
They were worn when I was younger.
My watch tastes have gone to more classic looking (dive) watches and pil-mil watches.
So I have 7 on the dresser that are regularly rotated except the dressier watch that is special occasions only.

My next purchases will be C60 Auto (charcoal), C60 GMT, and Tudor Submariner. Would like a Rolex, but will probably not be able to spend the $$$ to acquire.
After those three, I may be tempted to sell the stored watches and even the DeBaufre Ocean (keeping me satisfied until the C60 Auto or Tudor is acquired).