Pre-Order H2O Kalmar 2

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Director65
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 2

Pre-Order H2O Kalmar 2

Post by Director65 »

Have you seen or heard of the German brand H2O? Fairly unique, I believe. The newest incarnation is the H2O Kalmar 2 Dive watch. The pre-order page has a "configurator" whereby one may configure one's own diver version. This incarnation features 3 bezel choices, 4 bezel inlay choices, 17 dial choices, 11 handset choices and an optional Stainless Steel bracelet. Without the SS bracelet it will be delivered with a leather strap, a rubber strap and if pre-ordered a Maddog leather strap. It will be rated at 3000 M WR, including an AR coated sapphire crystal and be sized at 42.50mm diameter. Under the hood will be an ETA 2824-2 regulated to within +/- 8 seconds per day. Here's the link for your perusal: http://www.h2o-watch.com/en/h2o-kalmar- ... m_store=de

Enjoy...have a great day!!! :wave:
Director65
CW Watches
Amelia (Ladies)
C8 P7350 LE #68 of 75
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Pre-Order H2O Kalmar 2

Post by Hicksmat »

Yes. Everyone must have heard of them on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gbbird »

H2O seem to be linked to Helberg, with whom I have pre-ordered a ch6.

The Kalmar does indeed look good and the config options are extensive (perhaps too much choice??). Don't think I will get one though - this pre-order obsessed watch world we now seem to live in irritates me somewhat
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Hicksmat »

its the ability of the brand to make deadlines, and i've been burned a lot lately with brands being constantly late with releases..... they are quick to take the money, slow to deliver.
reggie747
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by reggie747 »

i've been burned a lot lately with brands being constantly late with releases....

Which brands in particular.....so we can give them a wide berth should they seem apparently attractive down the line ?
Fluffy cuddly kittens and little puppy dogs.......????
mattk
Guru
Guru

Post by mattk »

Makara, been waiting months for the Octopus. The bronze version is completely sold out so 400 people waiting. I don't really see the point in moaning about it though, if you want the watch you'll wait, if you don't pull out.
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Hicksmat »

mattk wrote:Makara, been waiting months for the Octopus. The bronze version is completely sold out so 400 people waiting. I don't really see the point in moaning about it though, if you want the watch you'll wait, if you don't pull out.
Makara were the one's in my mind, I read about the nightmares with the Aramar Arctic as well.
mattk
Guru
Guru

Post by mattk »

I had no problems whatsoever with Aramar, Maurice was a pleasure to deal with. My understanding was Steinhart were to produce the watch originally but that fell through so they had to start again with Grovana.
Hicksmat
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Hicksmat »

mattk wrote:I had no problems whatsoever with Aramar, Maurice was a pleasure to deal with. My understanding was Steinhart were to produce the watch originally but that fell through so they had to start again with Grovana.
without getting into arguments, I think they key here is communication of expectations and keeping people informed of status changes. some brands are not great at that, which hurts confidence of buyers, certainly if you ask Maurice I'd be keen to hear his take.
gbbird
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gbbird »

Hicksmat wrote:
mattk wrote:I had no problems whatsoever with Aramar, Maurice was a pleasure to deal with. My understanding was Steinhart were to produce the watch originally but that fell through so they had to start again with Grovana.
without getting into arguments, I think they key here is communication of expectations and keeping people informed of status changes. some brands are not great at that, which hurts confidence of buyers, certainly if you ask Maurice I'd be keen to hear his take.
I don't think it is just that. It's the fact that companies always start a pre-order campaign with an unrealistic delivery date that they never manage to honour. And this happens not just with first models, but often with later ones. You would think they would learn by their earlier over-enthusiastic promises.

Still, it could be worse; Olivier watch deliveries were delayed by well over a year! Shame as they are a nice looking watch
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

CW - C60 blue, C60 black orange, C600 tit, FLE13
Gerlach - Orp Sokol, P50, LuxSport. Ball Engineer
Omega Speedmaster. Oris Aquis
Longines Hydroconquest
Magrette - Regattare, DualTime, Moana
Director65
Expert
Expert

Post by Director65 »

Wow!! Lots of input. I guess I was impressed, never having heard of them except for the H2O Orca (which has popped up several times on other forums) and I wrote to the company for some clarification. I was surprised to hear from Clemens, who, I am guessing is the owner. He was very forthcoming about the fact that they do use sapphire (which is not clear on the pre-order page) and that the cases are made in Germany and not in China. He also personally sources the case material for the case maker. In any case, I am considering it. I have further read that there have been some quality control issues with some of the builds; so I am not quite certain yet whether or not I will pull the trigger.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Have a great day and weekend. \:D/
Director65
CW Watches
Amelia (Ladies)
C8 P7350 LE #68 of 75
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

i have to say, i'm not fond of that case. those lugs, in particular. looks really looooooooong. and the bracelet looks like it doesn't belong with that watch.

the "g" is for Greg...