Poljot 3133 (strela?)

A place to discuss other watch-brands
theresafire
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Poljot 3133 (strela?)

Post by theresafire »

So I've definitely got the watch bug, with my C5 off to CW for some repairs i'm currently stuck with my Mako only, and while I do love it, I'd definitely like something else as well.

So i've decided I want (not together and in no particular order) a Handwind (seems interesting) a Chrono(and since 7750's are so darn expensive Quartz seems like the only option) and a Pilot Watch...(god i would love a C8 MK1 with MKII hands!) So 400 is a bit steep to drop quite at the moment(right around C8 prices), but then I took a browse on some russian watches and saw the Poljot 3133 movement, handwind and chrono, and some of those strela dials are just absolutely gorgeous!

However I've had some trouble finding places to buy Strela's.... I came across these auctions...

http://cgi.ebay.com/STRELA-watch-chrono ... 632wt_1141

I love the Sand colored dial (thinkin brown leather strap would be gorgeous) and 415+16 for shipping, so 431 isn't terrible it seems.

Anyone have any thoughts on Strela's? and or places to buy them (if possible even cheaper, doesn't seem like they come up for sale used quite as much as swiss brands).
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Poljot 3133 (strela?)

Post by jmarchitect »

Our very own Bjorn posted some pics of his fantastic Strela a while back. Type Strela in the search box and you will find it. As for thoughts on the brand, they are great watches. I love the newer types, particularly Bjorn's and have found a website which seems to offer remakes of the originals at decent prices. Check out aviator-watch.com.

Best of luck!
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Wis »

Hi,
The Strela is a very good choice. There are different new incarnations of the original, which can also be found. Of the new one's I have this: http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... lit=Strela. It is 39 mm, a perfect size for me for this kind of watch. In the thread you'll find the address to where I bought it. If you like the way they look you can't go wrong with a Strela!
Bjørn
Mortis
Forum Menace
Forum Menace
CW-watches: 12
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Mortis »

You can definitely get mechanical chronos for a couple of hundred pounds but they aren't going to be Swiss if it's a new (rather than used) price.

Poljot 3133s are excellent little movements and there are a number of places you can get them - I have used:
http://www.vostok-watches.com/
but it is probably not the cheapest you can find if you hunt around (excellent service though).

Another consideration might be the PRS-5:
(My actual watch but not my pic!)
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by redd »

theresafire wrote:So I've definitely got the watch bug
Lovely choice of watch and be very careful with that bug you've picked up! I've had 11 watches in 5 months now, which I've managed to trim down to 6 - for now.
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
Royston 64
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by Royston 64 »

Mortis wrote:You can definitely get mechanical chronos for a couple of hundred pounds but they aren't going to be Swiss if it's a new (rather than used) price.

Poljot 3133s are excellent little movements and there are a number of places you can get them - I have used:
http://www.vostok-watches.com/
but it is probably not the cheapest you can find if you hunt around (excellent service though).

Another consideration might be the PRS-5:
(My actual watch but not my pic!)
That precista looks great Mortis. I've never been enamoured by the photo's on Timefactors web site but that looks superb 'in the flesh'.
CW’s - C63 sealander, C65 Chrono
Others - Rolex Submariner, Rolex Airking, Rolex Datejust, Jaeger LeCoultre Polaris, Bremont Airco Mach1, Duckworth Prestex Viewmatic and 1 or 2 others
theresafire
Junior
Junior

Post by theresafire »

thanks for the links, definitely the best deals i could find so far.

Only thing is i'm looking for the Sand dialed version ala...

found it here http://www.poljotuhren.de/shop/product_ ... ACELET.htm

but thats on a bracelet and i'd rather buy it on leather especially cause that should knock 20-30 euro's off if not more!

anyone seen the Sand dialed version with the type A hands(the ones with the rectangles at the end instead of the straight ones more akin to the C5)?
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

This link was posted by another member a little while ago, have not bought from them myself but the price looks good.

http://www.fliegeruhren.ch/Mech.+Chrono ... anguage=en
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

I bought my 3133 (not Strela) from Ruscamera - nice easy transaction, but shipping from Russia was about 10-14 days when I bought there.

I do like the Strela.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.