Oris Aquis Date Relief Special Edition

A place to discuss other watch-brands
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Oris Aquis Date Relief Special Edition

Post by what-time-is-it »

I stumbled on this yesterday, looks nice, but pricing is the usual special edition nonsense @ $1800 (rubber), $1850 (leather) & $2000 (bracelet).
Time to act
Oris and expedition swimmer Ernst Bromeis are going their own way to raise awareness of the importance of water, with the release of the Oris Aquis Date Relief, a high-quality diver’s watch.

The Oris Aquis Date Relief is inspired by the colour and feeling of water. The grey dial recalls the colour of a stormy sea, while the watch’s signature diving scale numerals in relief are a reminder of the texture of water, as well as its elemental role in all life.

The watch shares its architecture and performance values with the Oris Aquis Date. It has a 43.50 mm (1.713 inches) Stainless steel case with a uni-directional rotating diver’s bezel and is water-resistant to 30 bar (300 metres). It comes on a choice of straps or a metal bracelet, and its sapphire crystal sits over a dial decorated with applied hour markers, which, like the hour and minutes hands, are filled with luminescent Super-LumiNova®.

For many years, Oris has been campaigning to protect and conserve the world’s Oceans as part of a mission to bring change for the better. But we continue to see signs that there is so much work still to do. Oris and Ernst are going their own way through this project to educate thousands of people about the need to conserve the world’s water – before it’s too late.
Oris - https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/oris-aquis ... 8-24-05peb
Hodinkee - https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/oris- ... ntroducing

Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
addi564
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 12

Re: Oris Aquis Date Relief Special Edition

Post by addi564 »

Now a really like this.

Wish they would do a 39.5mm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

C60 Trident 38mm on rubber and GMT on bracelet
C6 Kingfisher black dial on rubber and white dial on bracelet
C5 FLE and C3 FLE
C65 Vintage on bracelet
Tag Heuer F1 Calibre 5
Breitling Superocean 42
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:14 pm I stumbled on this yesterday, looks nice, but pricing is the usual special edition nonsense @ $1800 (rubber), $1850 (leather) & $2000 (bracelet).
What nonsense are you talking about? It is the same price as the regular Aquis.

Ward should put this type of relief bezel on their 316LE, looks so much better than their plan bezel.
what-time-is-it
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by what-time-is-it »

nordwulf wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:41 pm
what-time-is-it wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:14 pm I stumbled on this yesterday, looks nice, but pricing is the usual special edition nonsense @ $1800 (rubber), $1850 (leather) & $2000 (bracelet).
What nonsense are you talking about? It is the same price as the regular Aquis.
Just the knowledge of how I much I paid for the 7 Oris I currently hold in my collection and the 5 I have sold in the last 12 mths.
Current collection incl Citizen, G-Shock, Rolex, Seiko, Sinn & Tag.

Chris
nordwulf

Post by nordwulf »

The Aquis can be had from ADs for about 20% below RRP and 30% off on the grey market. Some unpopular or closeout models are less. Only fools pay RRP..
timor54
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by timor54 »

Now that is very nice :thumbup:

It could just possibly distract me from the green version...
Tim
AdDaMan
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by AdDaMan »

Yachtmaster bezel. Its very nice though.
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

nordwulf wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:49 pm The Aquis can be had from ADs for about 20% below RRP and 30% off on the grey market. Some unpopular or closeout models are less. Only fools pay RRP..
Depends if you are talking about the Recommended Retail Price or the Real Reduced Price :wink:
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
Robotaz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Robotaz »

Oris has been playing around hard for years now with that Aquis. It’s great to see that bezel finally make it. I really like it!

@robotazky
copemanphoto
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 2

Post by copemanphoto »

Another nice looking Aquis from Oris, I really like the bezel and the grey sunburst dial with the red seconds hand.

Judging from the specs it would fit the same as my blue dial Aquis 43.5mm, which is to say, it fits smaller than it looks with a lug to lug of 49.4mm.

I think it is nicer than the green one and different enough to maybe make it into my collection.

Damn, I am saving for a Ranger as well,........this could be another expensive year. :problem:
Cheers, Mike.
FlyboyChris
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 3

Post by FlyboyChris »

That is a stunning watch, the relief bezel really adds something to the party and I love the red strap with the red seconds hand, now to convince the wife that i definitely need another watch and to figure out how much to tell her it cost! :-$ :twisted:
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

AdDaMan wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:10 pm Yachtmaster bezel. Its very nice though.
Yes, Yachtmaster bezel without the platinum price. Be nice to see them side by side. I like it!
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight