Non CW of the Day

A place to discuss other watch-brands
User avatar
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: Cambridgeshire.

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by ddav »

Started the day with this
Image
Got to try on these a little bit later
Image
Image
Very impressed with the crystal on the U2 and other Bremonts. Hadn't realised from the pictures I've seen that it is so curved (without distortion), I'd always assumed it was flat. The bracelet on the Breitling was lovely with screwed links in the mesh.
They had 20% off too! but I was good and left with the Stowa I arrived with :)
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
User avatar
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 11771
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am
CW-watches: 11

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by smegwina »

ddav wrote:Started the day with this
Image
Got to try on these a little bit later
Image
Image
Very impressed with the crystal on the U2 and other Bremonts. Hadn't realised from the pictures I've seen that it is so curved (without distortion), I'd always assumed it was flat. The bracelet on the Breitling was lovely with screwed links in the mesh.
They had 20% off too! but I was good and left with the Stowa I arrived with :)
Love that Stowa. Classic and simple.

Ooh, the U2. Adore that. It was a very close call for me when I got the mbii.

Where did you go to view these beauties? Were the Bremonts 20% off? (Feels road trip coming! )

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk now Free
User avatar
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: Cambridgeshire.

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by ddav »

smegwina wrote:
Where did you go to view these beauties? Were the Bremonts 20% off? (Feels road trip coming! )

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk now Free
Windsor Bishop in Norwich, and all stock in the shop with the exception of Patak, Rolex and Panerai are 20% off until 5pm Saturday. For example 2013 MB2 with London on the dial only £2716 instead of £3395 and I have a feeling a little more if you were lucky!
Also can recommend Roger Hickman's for lunch or dinner :D
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
User avatar
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 11771
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am
CW-watches: 11

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by smegwina »

ddav wrote:
smegwina wrote:
Where did you go to view these beauties? Were the Bremonts 20% off? (Feels road trip coming! )

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk now Free
Windsor Bishop in Norwich, and all stock in the shop with the exception of Patak, Rolex and Panerai are 20% off until 5pm Saturday. For example 2013 MB2 with London on the dial only £2716 instead of £3395 and I have a feeling a little more if you were lucky!
Also can recommend Roger Hickman's for lunch or dinner :D
Many thanks! Its almost too tempting! :(

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk now Free
User avatar
mabotham
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2909
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:10 am
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
Location: Chesterfield

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by mabotham »

20% off Bremonts is decent! Shame when I tried the MB on it wasnt for me.
User avatar
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: Cambridgeshire.

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by ddav »

mabotham wrote:20% off Bremonts is decent! Shame when I tried the MB on it wasnt for me. Shame they dont stock PO's!
Oh but they do :thumbup:
http://www.winsorbishop.co.uk
And JLC and Longines
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
User avatar
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 11771
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am
CW-watches: 11

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by smegwina »

ddav wrote:
mabotham wrote:20% off Bremonts is decent! Shame when I tried the MB on it wasnt for me. Shame they dont stock PO's!
Oh but they do :thumbup:
http://www.winsorbishop.co.uk
And JLC and Longines
This is cruelty on an epic scale! I am supposed to be in Norwich for a few days, and hunting for watches is much more fun than mooching around the Carrow Road Holiday Inn. Must resist. :mad:

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk now Free
User avatar
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: Cambridgeshire.

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by ddav »

Résistance is futile
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
User avatar
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 11771
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am
CW-watches: 11

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by smegwina »

ddav wrote:Résistance is futile
Wife would be angry on a biblical scale!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk now Free
User avatar
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: Cambridgeshire.

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by ddav »

smegwina wrote:
ddav wrote:Résistance is futile
Wife would be angry on a biblical scale!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk now Free
Sure there was something in there about turning the other cheek! :lol:
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
User avatar
Andyshall
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 2025
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:11 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by Andyshall »

I was in this shop during our summer Hols and found the staff very helpful. The lady who was introduced as the Bremont specialist was very knowledgeable and said that the English brothers pop in there from time to time. Even better with 20% off.
User avatar
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 4001
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:25 pm
CW-watches: 17
Location: Southern California

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by Mr Rick »

Image
Rick


Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
User avatar
Cirrus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 2269
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:24 pm
CW-watches: 2
Location: Sunny North Wales

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by Cirrus »

Mr Rick wrote:Image
Funky ;)

--
Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2
“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church” - Fernão de Magalhães
User avatar
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3003
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:53 am
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes
Location: Hong Kong

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by Aifo »

Image
Incoming: 0
User avatar
bradjhomes
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:25 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Surrey

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by bradjhomes »

Stowa Seatime
Image