Post by theaaronp »

I do like a bronzo.

I had a Makaira Octopus at one point.
ItsAliveJim
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by ItsAliveJim »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell is he building in there?" Tom Waits
jrpippen
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 0

Post by jrpippen »

If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by gwells »

the "g" is for Greg...
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes

Post by blowfish89 »

theaaronp wrote:GMT II on a Hirsch Strap which blowfish89 recomended!

Congratulations! I don't have such an exquisite watch, but the strap will coordinate with it very nicely - this strap is as nice in real life as in the pictures. You can also think of more custom straps later.
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by gwells »

i would look for a black or very deep gray for that watch. may be difficult to coordinate stitching, but that would be even better if you could.
the "g" is for Greg...
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

Its good to wear one watch all the time, makes it clear to me that atleast a couple of my watches have to be sold.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

smegwina wrote: This watch looks suspicious, not going to say fake as I don't know enough about Rolex but the hands look odd and even if they aren't with a cracked bezel, scratched hands and deep cuts to the case that look like someone's tried to hack off the bezel, no original bracelet the other two choices are looking ten times as inviting as they did.

----------------------------

I have to disagree.

I think that is is a decent example of a watch that will be worn and used daily (as is its intended role) as opposed to a pristine safe queen that is only used when there is no possibility of any damage whatsoever, as so many on here are.

Get it, wear it and enjoy it. That is what the owner will now do and good luck to him.

Too many watches on here are pampered to within an inch of their lives and too many people are horrified to see a watch used.[/quote]

Thats a fair comment, i baby my watches (im starting to worry less wearing them now my collecting has slowed down, some costing 2k even have swirlies now :shock: ), even my g shock gets a wash when i splash it with paint but given the choices available i wonder now if the thread would differed more if the original photo had been much better (but i doubt the outcome would have changed the OPs mind). Given no choice at all then fair enough but i would say this is a horrific example of a gmt master II ceramic bezel given its hacked up nature, its hard for me to wrap my head around this choice and i apologise to the forum for that.
I miss all the great things that may never be.
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

Dancematt wrote:
smegwina wrote: This watch looks suspicious, not going to say fake as I don't know enough about Rolex but the hands look odd and even if they aren't with a cracked bezel, scratched hands and deep cuts to the case that look like someone's tried to hack off the bezel, no original bracelet the other two choices are looking ten times as inviting as they did.

----------------------------

I have to disagree.

I think that is is a decent example of a watch that will be worn and used daily (as is its intended role) as opposed to a pristine safe queen that is only used when there is no possibility of any damage whatsoever, as so many on here are.

Get it, wear it and enjoy it. That is what the owner will now do and good luck to him.

Too many watches on here are pampered to within an inch of their lives and too many people are horrified to see a watch used.
Thats a fair comment, i baby my watches (im starting to worry less wearing them now my collecting has slowed down, some costing 2k even have swirlies now :shock: ), even my g shock gets a wash when i splash it with paint but given the choices available i wonder now if the thread would differed more if the original photo had been much better (but i doubt the outcome would have changed the OPs mind). Given no choice at all then fair enough but i would say this is a horrific example of a gmt master II ceramic bezel given its hacked up nature, its hard for me to wrap my head around this choice and i apologise to the forum for that.[/quote]

------------------

Maybe I was a bit forward. We each have the right to think what we want and to treat our watches however we are desire.

I apologise if I came across as sanctimonious! I can be a curmudgeonly bugger every now and then!

I am not one of those who check the timekeeping etc, and I sometimes forget that if other people want to, then that is absolutely fine!
theaaronp
Senior
Senior

Post by theaaronp »

Now everyone hug. 8)
Korkki
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Korkki »

NO PARKING
This space is reserved
Sabbath
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Sabbath »

Looks great in the sun - might have to be removed from sale; along with my other Atlantic.

Mark
Sabbath
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Sabbath »

The other Atlantic that should really be removed from sale. Now on a new strap

Mark
HendrixGreen
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by HendrixGreen »

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hendrix Green
blowfish89
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by blowfish89 »

I must thank Greg (gwells) for suggesting the Timefactors Natos, mine just arrived - this shiz is awesome.