Non CW of the Day

A place to discuss other watch-brands
User avatar
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3357
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:07 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Near Oslo, Norway

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by Wis »

No question, as this one is only a few days old:

Image
Image

Photos taken the day I got it, March 17.
Bjørn
User avatar
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 4392
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:00 pm
CW-watches: 3
Location: sunny south coast, UK

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by jmarchitect »

Gonna say it again Bjorn- very very very nice! 8)
User avatar
Wis
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3357
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:07 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Near Oslo, Norway

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by Wis »

jmarchitect wrote:Gonna say it again Bjorn- very very very nice! 8)
Thanks, I agree it's a beaut. I keep looking at it just to admire the silvery dial and hands.
Bjørn
User avatar
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 4573
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:48 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes
Location: Surrey

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by Monkey »

Very nice Strela ^^^^^ :)


Had a tennis match this morning, then jobs around the house this arvo, so had this beater on, a Lacoste GMT :D

Image
John
User avatar
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3779
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:45 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by nathanclarinet »

A beater on for me today as well. Not tennis unfortunately, rather gardening.

Monkey - that lacoste looks nice a comfortable!

Image
User avatar
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 4573
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:48 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes
Location: Surrey

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by Monkey »

nathanclarinet wrote:A beater on for me today as well. Not tennis unfortunately, rather gardening.

Monkey - that lacoste looks nice a comfortable!

Cheers :) I only found it yesterday while having a rummage in a drawer!! lol

I bought it several years ago, before 'I knew' about watches, as I liked the look of it, and still do now I've got it on :)

It's actually a good size on my wrist, so will probably wear it a little more now :)
John
User avatar
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3779
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:45 pm
CW-watches: 2

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by nathanclarinet »

Monkey wrote:
Cheers :) I only found it yesterday while having a rummage in a drawer!! lol

I bought it several years ago, before 'I knew' about watches, as I liked the look of it, and still do now I've got it on :)

It's actually a good size on my wrist, so will probably wear it a little more now :)
Always a nice surprise to find something you had forgotten about, esp if it comes in handy! Will it now go into a display case :D
User avatar
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 4573
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:48 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes
Location: Surrey

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by Monkey »

nathanclarinet wrote:
Monkey wrote:
Cheers :) I only found it yesterday while having a rummage in a drawer!! lol

I bought it several years ago, before 'I knew' about watches, as I liked the look of it, and still do now I've got it on :)

It's actually a good size on my wrist, so will probably wear it a little more now :)
Always a nice surprise to find something you had forgotten about, esp if it comes in handy! Will it now go into a display case :D


Only if I take something else out first.........all places are taken, and there's a few cases there too!! :shock: lol :D
John
User avatar
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 10939
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:17 pm
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes
Location: Wokingham, UK

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by ianblyth »

One of the easiests dials to read.

Image
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
User avatar
downer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 24540
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: UK

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by downer »

ianblyth wrote:One of the easiests dials to read.

Image
Probably a daft question, but what is the scale on the chapter ring?
Richard
User avatar
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 10939
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:17 pm
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes
Location: Wokingham, UK

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by ianblyth »

downer wrote:Probably a daft question, but what is the scale on the chapter ring?
0 to 100 so you can measure seconds or hours in modern decimal rather than base 60 from thousands of year BC developed by the Sumerians and progressed by the Babylonians. 8)

One explanation is that Tenths and Hundredths of one hour rather than minutes = aviation standard for time notation and communication.

Another is here http://forums.watchuseek.com/f15/quetio ... -4668.html
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
User avatar
downer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 24540
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: UK

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by downer »

ianblyth wrote:
downer wrote:Probably a daft question, but what is the scale on the chapter ring?
0 to 100 so you can measure seconds or hours in modern decimal rather than base 60 from thousands of year BC developed by the Sumerians and progressed by the Babylonians. 8)

One explanation is that Tenths and Hundredths of one hour rather than minutes = aviation standard for time notation and communication.

Another is here http://forums.watchuseek.com/f15/quetio ... -4668.html
So it's just for show then? :D
Richard
User avatar
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 10939
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:17 pm
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes
Location: Wokingham, UK

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by ianblyth »

Like most things on watches. :lol:
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
User avatar
SupaPictave
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:20 am
CW-watches: 1
Location: France

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by SupaPictave »

Waiting for my C60...

Image
2nd C60 Trident GMT return status : Parcel delivered at CWL office - Waiting for more informations
User avatar
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 4573
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:48 pm
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes
Location: Surrey

Re: Non-CW of the Day

Post by Monkey »

My new acquisition :D

Image
John
Post Reply