Non CW of the Day

A place to discuss other watch-brands
User avatar
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 11771
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 am
CW-watches: 11

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by smegwina »

downer wrote:
watchstudent wrote:
Crikey Downer! You don't really do plain and simple good watches do you?! They are all fairly spectacular it seems to me :shock:
Cheers WS. I have been lucky to find a few limited edition versions in good value deals, and I'm fortunate to have a wife who is quite happy to tolerate my strange affliction. In fact, I just mentioned another incoming, and barely an eyebrow was raised. :)
Well....... you can't leave it hanging like that......... incoming??
User avatar
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7207
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 am
CW-watches: 1
Location: falls church, va

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by gwells »

my wife is accepting of my affliction (and even buys them for me for presents, some of my best watches), but i'm more cautious about the price level of those incomings.

in fact, i'm starting to think there's a watch coming this weekend for my birthday, as there was a credit card fraud call on my wife's card that she mentioned nothing at all to me about... hrm...
the "g" is for Greg...
User avatar
watchstudent
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 1546
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:37 pm
CW-watches: 0

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by watchstudent »

downer wrote:
watchstudent wrote:
Crikey Downer! You don't really do plain and simple good watches do you?! They are all fairly spectacular it seems to me :shock:
Cheers WS. I have been lucky to find a few limited edition versions in good value deals, and I'm fortunate to have a wife who is quite happy to tolerate my strange affliction. In fact, I just mentioned another incoming, and barely an eyebrow was raised. :)
Looking forward to seeing it! I am breaking my girlfriend in slowly and gauging reactions, doesn't seem like she is too bothered at the moment. I haven't quite broken it to her that my CW interest is waning in favour of Bremont nowadays...
gwells wrote:my wife is accepting of my affliction (and even buys them for me for presents, some of my best watches), but i'm more cautious about the price level of those incomings.

in fact, i'm starting to think there's a watch coming this weekend for my birthday, as there was a credit card fraud call on my wife's card that she mentioned nothing at all to me about... hrm...
That must be a very unique problem to have gwells! Sounds truly awful :lol:
Victorinox Inox, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Seiko PADI Turtle
User avatar
downer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 24538
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:02 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: UK

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by downer »

smegwina wrote:
Well....... you can't leave it hanging like that......... incoming??
It is not too exciting. Scratching an itch... A low risk 'let's see' kind of online purchase....
Richard
User avatar
gwells
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 7207
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 am
CW-watches: 1
Location: falls church, va

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by gwells »

maybe some sort of titanium dive watch pre-order?
the "g" is for Greg...
Honkylips
Senior
Senior
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by Honkylips »

Image
User avatar
leelee
Expert
Expert
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:09 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by leelee »

Image
bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 6436
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Middle Earth!

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by bspj »

Fancied a change.
Then thought........why?Image
Steve
User avatar
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 19247
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:37 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: UK

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by tempusmaximus »

Another Seiko day today :D wearing my baby white monster.
Image
Bernie
User avatar
ddav
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 pm
CW-watches: 6
Location: Cambridgeshire.

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by ddav »

First day off in 8.
Thought this needed an airing :D
Image
C600IPB 101, C7O cosc 009/300, C8 IPK 004 ,C11 Makaira Pro 006.
W11 Amelia , Emily Double Tour (The Wife)
User avatar
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
Posts: 7063
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:30 pm
CW-watches: 1
Location: Essex coast.

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by footycrazy »

An old pic, but a good one i think.

Image
Graham
bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 6436
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Middle Earth!

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by bspj »

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Off to work,
etc. Not the best time with the hand hiding the date, but I couldn't afford to be late!

Image



To the non Saint George's Day Mass!
Steve
bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 6436
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Middle Earth!

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by bspj »

:thumbup:
ddav wrote:First day off in 8.
Thought this needed an airing :D
Image
:thumbup:
Steve
bspj
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 6436
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:34 pm
CW-watches: 4
Location: Middle Earth!

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by bspj »

footycrazy wrote:An old pic, but a good one i think.

Image
The blue is nice, Graham.
Steve
User avatar
vikingdrvr
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
Posts: 3844
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:48 am
CW-watches: 6
Location: Arizona

Re: Non CW of the Day

Post by vikingdrvr »

Image
vikingdrvr

InComing: nada
InTheBox: C60 GMT, C7, C7IRR, C70 D-Type, C8, C11. Steinies: Nav B/OVM/OceanTi500/Racetimer X2/Chrono II. Others: SMP300M Chrono, SMdV, Alpina X2, Tissot Chrono, LLD, Heuer 2000 Auto, Breil...
Emily DT, Charlotte Deco, Coral (wife’s)
Post Reply