No longer with us... (the watches)!

A place to discuss other watch-brands
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

No longer with us... (the watches)!

Post by f1colin »

Found a few pics of recently sold pieces that have made way for the CW's. Common theme in terms of the F1 backdrop!

This one I may come to regret selling last month - a Bamford PVD chrono from the very same Bamford that customises Rolexes (starting at around £10k)! When George Bamford opened his store on Sloane Square in 2009, these were made available at £275 in limited numbers - only found out via Octane magazine and went straight there as the colour combi was something different and I was after a PVD chrono. The movement was, I believe a Miyota. Really well constructed and unusual with the pale blue. Turned heads (and some stomachs) when the baby blue ostrich strap was fitted!

Pictured with Fernando Alonso's 2004 F1 helmet:

Then the obligatory F1 branded watch. Nice piece with Seiko movement but got bored of it, easily replaced if I get the urge again! Sold late 2011 (pictured with Michael Schumacher's 2001 F1 helmet):

Last, the Heuer stopwatch that I picked up a few years ago. Nice Leonidas 7 jewel movement. Sold to a chap restoring an original Mini Cooper S to rally spec so will be dash mounted soon:

Sadly, No photos of the Breitling J Class, Omega Racing edition, Tag Heuer's or Sicura vintage's I've moved on :(
f1colin

Rolex Sub, Oyster, Daytona
Tudor Black Bay, Big Block
Omega Dynamic, Speed, Speed 2, Speed 4.5, SM300
Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Re: No longer with us... (the watches)!

Post by I.I.D »

Interesting collection of helmets, I see you've got a Damon Hill down at the bottom. Is the one next to the Heuer a Coulthard Red Bull?
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

I.I.D wrote:Interesting collection of helmets, I see you've got a Damon Hill down at the bottom. Is the one next to the Heuer a Coulthard Red Bull?

Well spotted, it is a Prost '93 from his last year (and Championship). The Damon is a '96 from his winning year...
f1colin

Heuer Monaco, Monza, Daytona, Silverstone, Autavia, Carrera, Calculator, Camaro, Montreal, Audi, Verona, 844, AMI, 1000
Seiko Pogue
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

f1colin wrote:
I.I.D wrote:Interesting collection of helmets, I see you've got a Damon Hill down at the bottom. Is the one next to the Heuer a Coulthard Red Bull?

Well spotted, it is a Prost '93 from his last year (and Championship). The Damon is a '96 from his winning year...

The blue & yellow had me a bit stumped - I always thought that bit of Prost's was white with red stripes......

Okay, okay, I'll get my coat.... errrr Anorak! :lol:

Are we allowed to ask which team you work for (own?) or will Bernie put out a contract on us for receiving classified info!
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

JAG wrote:I do like the bamford and sons "Top pic" that would have looked awesome on Yes a IPK 316 :-)

I could have predicted that one!!!! :lol: :clap:
f1colin

Seiko Pogue
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

Summer GTG - f1colin's house - no drooling in front of the display cabinets.
All those in favour raise a limb...

OK - five eighths of Jennifer Aniston will be there - any more takers?
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

I.I.D wrote:
f1colin wrote:

The blue & yellow had me a bit stumped - I always thought that bit of Prost's was white with red stripes......

Okay, okay, I'll get my coat.... errrr Anorak! :lol:

Are we allowed to ask which team you work for (own?) or will Bernie put out a contract on us for receiving classified info!

A general interest that has become a very enjoyable but costly passion for 20 years - particularly when combined with watches and cars! Have built up quite a network of contacts including drivers, teamsters and fellow nutcases which always helps. Watches are easier to smuggle in the house behind the Mrs though... !

PS - the yellow is the corner of the Camel sponsorship he had in 93 only with Williams...
f1colin

Seiko Pogue
f1colin
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by f1colin »

Loddonite wrote:Summer GTG - f1colin's house - no drooling in front of the display cabinets.
All those in favour raise a limb...

OK - five eighths of Jennifer Aniston will be there - any more takers?

LOL!!! I'll swap you a Felipe Massa lid for her :lol: :lol:
f1colin

Seiko Pogue
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Loddonite »

f1colin wrote:LOL!!! I'll swap you a Felipe Massa lid for her :lol: :lol:
The problem being that you could deliver Felipe's helmet... (make your own joke in this space).
Dom
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

Loddonite wrote:
f1colin wrote:LOL!!! I'll swap you a Felipe Massa lid for her :lol: :lol:
The problem being that you could deliver Felipe's helmet... (make your own joke in this space).

Trouble is, the Massa lid would have steam coming out of it if you put it anywhere near a Hamilton helmet :lol:
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Loddonite »

I.I.D wrote:the Massa lid would have steam coming out of it if you put it anywhere near a Hamilton helmet :lol:
8/10 :thumbup:
... and a quick response too! Fast thinker that I.I.D fellow!
Dom
I.I.D
Guru
Guru

Post by I.I.D »

Loddonite wrote:
I.I.D wrote:the Massa lid would have steam coming out of it if you put it anywhere near a Hamilton helmet :lol:
8/10 :thumbup:
... and a quick response too! Fast thinker that I.I.D fellow!

I had considered a response about Barrichello & springs, but thought that might be in poor taste.... :lol: Errr, did I say that out loud? Ooops :shock:
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

f1colin wrote:Found a few pics of recently sold pieces that have made way for the CW's. Common theme in terms of the F1 backdrop!

This one I may come to regret selling last month - a Bamford PVD chrono from the very same Bamford that customises Rolexes (starting at around £10k)! When George Bamford opened his store on Sloane Square in 2009, these were made available at £275 in limited numbers - only found out via Octane magazine and went straight there as the colour combi was something different and I was after a PVD chrono. The movement was, I believe a Miyota. Really well constructed and unusual with the pale blue. Turned heads (and some stomachs) when the baby blue ostrich strap was fitted!

Pictured with Fernando Alonso's 2004 F1 helmet:

Then the obligatory F1 branded watch. Nice piece with Seiko movement but got bored of it, easily replaced if I get the urge again! Sold late 2011 (pictured with Michael Schumacher's 2001 F1 helmet):

Last, the Heuer stopwatch that I picked up a few years ago. Nice Leonidas 7 jewel movement. Sold to a chap restoring an original Mini Cooper S to rally spec so will be dash mounted soon:

Sadly, No photos of the Breitling J Class, Omega Racing edition, Tag Heuer's or Sicura vintage's I've moved on :(
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I would have kept this one. 8)

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.