Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

My New Steinhart Nav B Chrono II DLC

Post by Peteo »

I feel like I've basically only been talking about Steinhart on here for the last few weeks. I promise to stay in my lane and lay off the Steinhart love for a while after this, but since you all are the only watch community that I'm a part of, well... I gotta show this off somewhere, don't I?

Here is Steinhart's Nav B Chrono II DLC #1648. Initial impressions are very good. I'm surprised at how clear and easy to read the dial is even though there's a lot going on. The hands look slimmer than I thought they would, which is good. The case looks and feels substantial. Pushers seem to need a little more oompf compared to my C70US. I'm not really a fan of the strap. It's definitely the toughest strap that I've encountered so far, and it doesn't really feel all that cohesive with the watch for some reason. Looks like I'll be e-mailing Rich again soon.

Like I've said already, this watch definitely satisfies a couple of holes in my collection, and I feel as if the Bell & Ross itch has been scratched more than adequately without the hefty price tag. A part of me is sad that this most likely means I won't ever own a C8 Pilot, but the Steinhart leaves me more than satisfied.

And now, some pics while we await a post from Nathanclarinet:

Steinhart Nav B Chrono II DLC by peteo72, on Flickr

Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Re: My New Steinhart Nav B Chrono II DLC

Post by Mr Rick »

It's a beauty. Congratulations.

Most people agree, Steinhart watches are worth the wait.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Looks very nice indeed.

Even though I will be getting it on stainless I can appreciate the look.

Enjoy it.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Lovely version of a great watch. Congrats Peteo. :thumbup:
Richard
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

That's a very impressive piece! Congrats and enjoy! :D
Peteo wrote:I feel like I've basically only been talking about Steinhart on here for the last few weeks.
So what - it would be a dull forum indeed if we weren't allowed to discuss other makes! 8)
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Excellent Peteo! Enjoy it..it is a very nice piece.

Don't give up on that C8 yet......you are still hanging around here aren't you? :)
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by redd »

Very nice and I agree about the strap. It will look better again, when you find the right one for it.
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by jack »

Very nice. I read what you say about the strap, but I have to say, it does look great on that strap. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jack.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Kip wrote:Excellent Peteo! Enjoy it..it is a very nice piece.

Don't give up on that C8 yet......you are still hanging around here aren't you? :)
You are of course right, Kip, particularly if I end up flipping this one down the road. And I suppose that the cream C8 MK II is substantially different enough to warrant a purchase. And, I should never really say never anyway.

But really, this watch replaced the C8 Vintage PVD on my wish list, so it is probably fair to say that the chance of C8 ownership is significantly diminished.
Peteo
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:That's a very impressive piece! Congrats and enjoy! :D
Peteo wrote:I feel like I've basically only been talking about Steinhart on here for the last few weeks.
So what - it would be a dull forum indeed if we weren't allowed to discuss other makes! 8)
Quite right! My next ten posts will be exclusively about Invicta! No wait, bad idea...
Peteo
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

jack wrote:Very nice. I read what you say about the strap, but I have to say, it does look great on that strap. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jack.
Visually, I think I would have preferred a strap that's a little bit closer to the actual color of the indices and hands or a deeper and starker contrast like on the C8 Vintage. I think the strap as it is unsuccessfully finds itself somewhere in the middle. Texturally, it's just tough to work. I much prefer the feel of the strap that my Magrette came with.

I'm half tempted to order a black strap with tan stitching from Toshi, but I think that would be too bold a look with too much black. I'd also have to find a black buckle because a steel buckle would look extra odd in that set up.
Peteo
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Peteo, that looks familar :D

I am sat playing with mine (new Steinhart that is :wink: ) at the moment trying the other strap that i asked for (that was FOC :thumbup: ), charging up the lume and comparing to my C8 and other watches etc.

I think it is an understatement to say that I am absolutely over the moon with this watch, it is much more than I expected and the quality is outstanding. I love the depth and clarity of the dial (agree with you here Peteo that despite the sub-dials and day date, it is easy to read), the presence and finish of the case, the customised rotor and movement in general and so on and so on..... Oh and I forgot to mention the lume; bloody hell it is fantastic!

I am struggling for photos at the moment but I want to get some up tomorrow when I can get some in the day light.

I think I disagree with you on the strap. I think it looks great, much better in the flesh than on some of the shots of it I had seen on the internet. I have a Steinhart black strap with white stitching and I switched the stainless steel deployment with the DLC - it gave the watch a different look altogether. Again, I will try to get some shots of this tomorrow so you can see what you think.

First Steinhart and I am thrilled. It won't be my last. :clap:
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

nathanclarinet wrote:Peteo, that looks familar :D
Mine's clearly better! :P Somehow...
nathanclarinet wrote: I think I disagree with you on the strap. I think it looks great, much better in the flesh than on some of the shots of it I had seen on the internet. I have a Steinhart black strap with white stitching and I switched the stainless steel deployment with the DLC - it gave the watch a different look altogether. Again, I will try to get some shots of this tomorrow so you can see what you think.
For me, the appearance of the strap is the secondary gripe. The primary gripe is that it's just so tough to handle. Taking the watch off is a chore because of struggling to get the strap through the first keeper.
nathanclarinet wrote: First Steinhart and I am thrilled. It won't be my last. :clap:
I'm very much pleased with mine too. I don't think it's very likely that I will get as into Steinhart as I have with CWL simply because Steinhart tends to make pieces on the larger end, but I am definitely happy with the one that I did manage to snag.
Peteo
28800bph
"Asylum Knight of the Diver"

Post by 28800bph »

Nice one!
That should hold up well over time.
I have a DLC coated blade on a pocket knife and it looks pristine after cutting open a lot of watch boxes.
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Peteo, I would recommend persevering with the strap. It will soften up with a bit of use, and become very comfortable.
Richard