My New Steinhart Nav B Chrono II DLC

A place to discuss other watch-brands
CornishDave
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: My New Steinhart Nav B Chrono II DLC

Post by CornishDave »

"The Story of Steinhart" by Peteo and Nathan Claret. And they all lived happily ever after! :thumbup:
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Post by xtriple »

Perhaps we should re-mane the forum seeing as sooooo many of us own Steinharts? Brilliant watches and I love the pictures posted.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by jack »

Peteo wrote:
jack wrote:Very nice. I read what you say about the strap, but I have to say, it does look great on that strap. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jack.
Visually, I think I would have preferred a strap that's a little bit closer to the actual color of the indices and hands or a deeper and starker contrast like on the C8 Vintage. I think the strap as it is unsuccessfully finds itself somewhere in the middle. Texturally, it's just tough to work. I much prefer the feel of the strap that my Magrette came with.

I'm half tempted to order a black strap with tan stitching from Toshi, but I think that would be too bold a look with too much black. I'd also have to find a black buckle because a steel buckle would look extra odd in that set up.
I see your point about strap texture, it does look robust/stiff; having said that it will probably wear in. Very attractive watch, though. It's 44mm isn't it, Peteo? How big does it appear to wear, I always think the C8 would look every bit of it's size because of it's thickness and lugs etc..

Cheers,
Jack.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

jack wrote: I see your point about strap texture, it does look robust/stiff; having said that it will probably wear in. Very attractive watch, though. It's 44mm isn't it, Peteo? How big does it appear to wear, I always think the C8 would look every bit of it's size because of it's thickness and lugs etc..

Cheers,
Jack.
You (and downer) are right of course about the strap. It will probably soften with use, but I was just frustrated with the stiffness at the start. Combine that with how I'm not really in love with the color, and it'll probably end up being replaced.

The watch is 44mm. It wears large on my 7inch (17cm) wrist, but not any larger than my Magrette Bronze which definitely feels like more of a hulk. While I don't own a C8 myself, I'm told that it wears smaller than its 44mm size. The Steinhart probably feels more like a true 44mm, but only having worn another 44mm before, I don't have much of a point of reference.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

jack wrote: How big does it appear to wear, I always think the C8 would look every bit of it's size because of it's thickness and lugs etc..

Cheers,
Jack.
Here's a quick comparison.

Vital statistics.

Lug to Lug, the C8 is 53mm, and the Nav-B is 51.7mm
In terms of diameter, they are both 44mm, although the crystal in the C8 is slightly larger at 37mm, compared with the Nav-B at 35.3mm
The most significant difference is the height. My C8 measures 10.13mm, whereas the Nav-B is 14.45mm. To look at it another way, the Nav-B is 40% taller!

Here's a few pictures:

Richard
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Excellent comparison Richard.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.