My new aquisition - Dievas Focal - Pictures are up

A place to discuss other watch-brands
gillmanjr
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

My new aquisition - Dievas Focal - Pictures are up

Post by gillmanjr »

My latest pickup just arrived this morning and I absolutely love it! I picked it up from a guy over at WUS, the watch was purchased by him new about two weeks ago and he never wore it, he didn't like the way it looked (I can't imagine why :? ). I've been in the market now for a "serious" dive watch for a couple months, I actually started a thread here a while back because I was looking at the Sinn U1 and the CW C600. But a few weeks ago I discovered this new Dievas model that a lot of people were quite impressed with, including myself. For the price this is a very impressive timepiece and overall package, and it is now my favorite watch in my collection. :thumbup: If you are in the market for a tool diver you definitely owe it to yourself to check this out.

I am going to do a photo shoot a little later so stand by...

Alright so heres some pics for all of you. I put it on a Maratac as soon as I got it and I've got an Isofrane on order which will be going on as soon as it gets here, I'll take some shots with it on the Isofrane when I get it. I've been wearing it all day, about 6 hours now, and I'm liking it more and more. It is also keeping perfect time, still dead on after 6 hours...good sign. I'm going to the Florida Keys in August to go diving and this piece will definitely be on my wrist for the whole vacation and for every single dive, I'm hoping to be able to get some good underwater shots when I'm down there. :thumbup:

CW C40 Speedhawk
Oris TT1 Blue Diver
Dievas Focal
Lum-Tec V2
Halios Laguna
Fortis Spacematic
Citizen Aqualand Duplex
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: My new aquisition - Dievas Focal

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Quite a handsome piece - very clean modern design, but too big for my liking.
Why on earth does it come in a toolbox, though? :lol:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
gillmanjr
Junior
Junior

Post by gillmanjr »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Quite a handsome piece - very clean modern design, but too big for my liking.
Why on earth does it come in a toolbox, though? :lol:
The box it comes in is awesome! Its totally water proof. It is a large watch, 45 mm diameter but the lugs are large - 54 mm lug to lug I believe. I was a little worried about the size before I purchased it but now that its on my wrist I can say its PERFECT for me. My wrist is 7.5".
CW C40 Speedhawk
Oris TT1 Blue Diver
Dievas Focal
Lum-Tec V2
Halios Laguna
Fortis Spacematic
Citizen Aqualand Duplex
JonD
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 2

Post by JonD »

Nice looking watch, I'll look forward to seeing the pictures
Amor Vincit Omnia

Re: My new aquisition - Dievas Focal - Pictures are up

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Congrats! Like I said before, very clean modern design, I think it looks really good on you. Glad you like the box too (sorry for being flippant about it) :thumbup: :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

I agree, it is a very clean looking diver. Just a bit large for me as well.

I do hope it performs well for you.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Too big, but I really like the clean and minimal look. Nice purchase, wear it in good health, and remember to update us with dive photos.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

That looks fantastic. I like the bead blasted finish and the style of the bezel.
christre
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by christre »

Great looking watch. Im getting a Sinn U1 very soon but seeing your pics has made me think that maybe a less common Dievas would be a better option. Thanks for the lovely pics,, im sure the watch will perform well on your vacation.
downer

Post by downer »

christre wrote:Great looking watch. Im getting a Sinn U1 very soon but seeing your pics has made me think that maybe a less common Dievas would be a better option. Thanks for the lovely pics,, im sure the watch will perform well on your vacation.
The Sinn U1 may be 'common' on watch forums. Out there in the real world, it's as rare as hens teeth! :)
Richard
DaddyLeonard
Junior
Junior

Post by DaddyLeonard »

Loving the clean simplicity of it :)

Enjoy
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by redd »

Beautiful watch and great pick up.

The Focal is very much at the top end of my wish list and I've been wanting one for some time now. My 'only' reservation is size - not the case, but the lug length/angle i.e. they look w i d e on the wrist. On pure looks I couldn't buy one quickly enough.

I sold on a similar sized and much loved Glycine Lagunare due to the lugs stretching the watch beyond my comfort zone.
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

Very nice clean & uncluttered diver. Congrats.
Graham
christre
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by christre »

downer wrote:
christre wrote:Great looking watch. Im getting a Sinn U1 very soon but seeing your pics has made me think that maybe a less common Dievas would be a better option. Thanks for the lovely pics,, im sure the watch will perform well on your vacation.
The Sinn U1 may be 'common' on watch forums. Out there in the real world, it's as rare as hens teeth! :)
Very true Richard,,, guess im spending too much time on places like this. I always like the blank expressions on peoples faces when i say im getting a Sinn,,, and when i mention Steinhart and CW the same look is there.
Rare as hens teeth,,,, now thats an saying ive not heard in a very long time :D :D
gillmanjr
Junior
Junior

Post by gillmanjr »

redd wrote:Beautiful watch and great pick up.

The Focal is very much at the top end of my wish list and I've been wanting one for some time now. My 'only' reservation is size - not the case, but the lug length/angle i.e. they look w i d e on the wrist. On pure looks I couldn't buy one quickly enough.

I sold on a similar sized and much loved Glycine Lagunare due to the lugs stretching the watch beyond my comfort zone.
What is your wrist size? My wrist is 7.5 and this watch is perfect, the lugs do NOT extend beyond my wrist as long as the watch is centered, even when it isn't centered it still doesn't look bad.
CW C40 Speedhawk
Oris TT1 Blue Diver
Dievas Focal
Lum-Tec V2
Halios Laguna
Fortis Spacematic
Citizen Aqualand Duplex