Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

My incoming(s)

Post by Aifo »

Offloaded some of my other ex-loved toys (camera/ heahphones etc.), needless to say I reserved half of the dosh for some lovely watches (but far less than the asking price of the POLMLE on offer......). I have caught the diver's bug lately so I fetched some meds from the net, 2 ex-loves and 1 first hand.

So what are my choices? (In descending "keeper rating" order)

1st: Orient Star Revolver (Blue Dial)

The dial is clearly a killer and the resale value seem to stack up pretty well, so I took the plunge amid a bit expensive IMO.

2nd: Steinhart Ocean Black DLC

This one has landed and needs very little introduction I believe. My initial impression, DLC is a much better treatment than PVD, CWL should seriously re-consider before launching of the PVD C8 vintage :)

3rd: Seiko SSC017

This one is clearly a decision based on the fact that the PO chrono being way out of reach. Will post pics and initial impression later on. For those interested there are (for the time being) a few variations on color, but mostly black dials.
Incoming: 0
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes

Re: My incoming(s)

Post by Loddonite »

I rather like that Seiko. Aside from a general liking of divers I'm developing a weakness for a splash of colour on the 1st quarter of the bezel.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-two: yes

Post by Peteo »

JAG wrote:
Aifo wrote:
1st: Orient Star Revolver (Blue Dial)

As you no it's a awesome looking piece :thumbup:
I agree. I can't decide if I like this better or the yellow one. I think something about the blue really pops.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

They both pop Peteo, either buy would be a winner
Aifo wrote: Seiko SSC017

This one is clearly a decision based on the fact that the PO chrono being way out of reach. Will post pics and initial impression later on. For those interested there are (for the time being) a few variations on color, but mostly black dials.
Would really love to see pics of this one Aifo, Seiko doesn't make many good chrono divers but this one is a real classic :thumbup:
I miss all the great things that may never be.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Stopped dithering and made an offer to Watchfinders for one of these after losing out on one last night. My (very cheeky) offer was accepted as I'm a previous customer and it's getting a very light polish and will be here by Tuesday. Wanted this as it matches the one Lorn wears though it's much bigger (42mm) so we can be "Howard and Hilda" on Breitling days! We already are with the Omegas!

Think this one might be the watch for a mesh, anyideas where to get one?

Oh, and the one I lost out on last night, just e-mailed me to say the deposit never arrived and would I care to make an offer!
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

xtriple wrote:Image

Stopped dithering and made an offer to Watchfinders for one of these after losing out on one last night. My (very cheeky) offer was accepted as I'm a previous customer and it's getting a very light polish and will be here by Tuesday. Wanted this as it matches the one Lorn wears though it's much bigger (42mm) so we can be "Howard and Hilda" on Breitling days! We already are with the Omegas!

Oh, and the one I lost out on last night, just e-mailed me to say the deposit never arrived and would I care to make an offer!
Nice XT, I was thinking about getting a colt quartz from watchfinder but I have no idea why as I don't need it. I like these older style breities.

Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Aifo, where did you find the Orient Star? Can you put up the address of the site please?
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by redd »

3 very nice pick ups. I looked several times at that Orient last week on Island watches, as it was at a VERY tempting price. Still can't get on with that bezel, so stayed away.
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Aifo »

Would really love to see pics of this one Aifo, Seiko doesn't make many good chrono divers but this one is a real classic :thumbup:
Thank you for the interest, piccies as promised:

From the side-

And the bracelet-

Although a very modestly priced piece, however not THAT cheap considering its a quartz and while the build feels substantial, you won't be too confident to wear as beater especially considering the center polished links on the bracelet (which seems to be quite similar to CW's new) is guaranteed scratch prone. Also would really prefer solid end links on the bracelet instead of the folded ones it comes with. Well seems to be making marginally negative comments, so do I like it? Hell yeah! :lol:
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Aifo wrote:

Although a very modestly priced piece, however not THAT cheap considering its a quartz and while the build feels substantial, you won't be too confident to wear as beater especially considering the center polished links on the bracelet (which seems to be quite similar to CW's new) is guaranteed scratch prone. Also would really prefer solid end links on the bracelet instead of the folded ones it comes with. Well seems to be making marginally negative comments, so do I like it? Hell yeah! :lol:
Very nice; HEL's are to be expected i guess, theres a fix for that bracelet....this watch really suits a:
borrowed pic
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Re: My incoming(s) (Updated April 2012)

Post by Aifo »

2 more in the posts now, as it'd been a crazily busy March and April work wise, I rewarded my self with, and what else could it be, MORE WATCHES!!! :lol: :lol:

Will share my hunts once they've arrived and in one piece.
FieryTowse
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by FieryTowse »

The SSC017 is still a real favourite of mine and remains high on my wanted list especially since you posted the pic on the blue/black NATO. If I ever narrow down the vast number of affordable divers I have my eye on to an extent that I get one of these I've also spotted the perfect heavy duty five-ring nato with a single blue stripe that would look perfect.

Have you got the Ocean Black yet, and if so can we see some pictures?
C3SKK/SKS
C11 KVKT
Omega Geneve Dynamic 135.0033 manual wind
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.02.003
Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial 233.30.41.21.01.001
Steinhart Ocean Two
Rolex GMT-Master II 126710BLNR
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Aifo »

Hi Fierytowse, I actually received my ocean black before my op so piccies up on my first post already, but then it may be displaying incorrectly to you because of the picture host? Will be happy to repost some if that's the case and you are interested. :D
jack
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by jack »

Dancematt wrote:
xtriple wrote:Image

Nice XT, I was thinking about getting a colt quartz from watchfinder but I have no idea why as I don't need it. I like these older style breities.

Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

Agree re older style. The last generation of Superocean as depicted here is far superior IMHO than the new version. I don't know why they changed it. I thought it was a real shame. This one in 42mm is a great looking watch.

Cheers,
Jack.
FieryTowse
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 4

Post by FieryTowse »

Aifo wrote:
Hi Fierytowse, I actually received my ocean black before my op so piccies up on my first post already, but then it may be displaying incorrectly to you because of the picture host? Will be happy to repost some if that's the case and you are interested. :D
No worries, I'll track them down.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
C3SKK/SKS
C11 KVKT
Omega Geneve Dynamic 135.0033 manual wind
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.02.003
Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial 233.30.41.21.01.001
Steinhart Ocean Two
Rolex GMT-Master II 126710BLNR