Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

My Ball Trainmaster Streamliner

Post by Peteo »

Received my Ball Trainmaster Streamliner today, which I purchased last Friday while on a trip to the local Bremont AD (I have no self control for temptation is a cruel master). This is my 3rd impulse watch buy (the other two being my Seiko 5 and my C2 Lido Black).

A little info on specs:

Movement: Automatic caliber ETA 2824
Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds and date; 14 micro gas tubes on dial and hands for night readability
Shock Resistant: 5000Gs
Water Resistant: 50m
Case: 39mm diameter Stainless steel, 11mm height, Fixed bezel, Anti-reflective sapphire crystal, Screwed-in crown

I got a good little deal, and so far, no buyer's remorse at all. I've been checking the Ball Web site now and again for the last few months, and for the most part, I've felt that their watches tend to either be too busy or too plain for my liking. This one is definitely more on the plain side, but I think it's also sharp and clean. I like the numerals, and I think the gas tubes give it just that little something different. They're much more prominent in the photos I've taken than they are to my naked eye. At 39mm, this watch is really the proper size for my wrist, and it sits very well (but that won't stop me from buying the 42s and 43s 8) ). The strap is great - soft and supple but still substantial. I even like the shape of the buckle - classy and a little different. The 19mm lug width is a bit odd, but no big deal really.

The only thing that I'm a little sad about is that this model doesn't have an interesting caseback engraving that Ball watches are known for. :( But that's okay. The front of it has me plenty happy. I'm a little worried that this watch will mean even less wrist time for my C5, which is already spending lots of time in my watch box.

Guilt free indulgence is a great thing. :lol:

And now, some pictures!

DSCN0575 by peteo72, on Flickr

Untitled by peteo72, on Flickr

RSCN0576 by peteo72, on Flickr

RSCN0579 by peteo72, on Flickr

DSCN0574 by peteo72, on Flickr

RSCN0577 by peteo72, on Flickr

RSCN0578 by peteo72, on Flickr

RSCN0589 by peteo72, on Flickr

DSCN0591 by peteo72, on Flickr
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes

Re: My Ball Trainmaster Streamliner

Post by Aifo »

Lovely! Will you consider the matching bracelet? I've got one for the Engineer II Ohio

Incoming: 0
downer

Post by downer »

Very classy Peteo. Congrats on a very nice pick up. :)
Richard
Jan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Post by Jan »

Very, very nice. Congratulations.

Love the Fireman 2 Richard sold me, very impressed with the quality. At some point, there will be one more Ball watch in my "little" collection..
C20 Lido, C5 Aviator, C5 Quartz, W6 Splash, C4 Peregrine, C6 RAF Valley
nathanclarinet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by nathanclarinet »

Looks like there are some very nice details on that watch Peteo, the depth of dial, the gas tubes (lume shot required ;)), the nice rounded buckle and pin etc. Nice pick up :). So when do you get the Bremont that you were supposed to buy but got distracted by this beauty?!?!?
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

Lovely watch and good pics, congratulations. :D
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

Aifo wrote:Lovely! Will you consider the matching bracelet? I've got one for the Engineer II Ohio
I really like the leather that it came on plus I like the look of the buckle, so I'm probably in no hurry to get the bracelet for this one. Looks good on your Ohio though!

My #1 strap priority at the moment is to find a suitable leather for my 2012 Red FLE.
Peteo
4x Christopher Ward, 2x Sinn, 2x Omega, 1x A. Lange & Sohne, 1x H. Moser & Cie, 1x Tudor, 1x Towson Watch Company, 1x Baltimore Watch Company. Always looking for watches from Maryland. What's Next?
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

nathanclarinet wrote:Looks like there are some very nice details on that watch Peteo, the depth of dial, the gas tubes (lume shot required ;)), the nice rounded buckle and pin etc. Nice pick up :). So when do you get the Bremont that you were supposed to buy but got distracted by this beauty?!?!?
Thanks much. I think that there's a lot to appreciate with this watch for sure.

My goal is to get the Bremont by Christmas time or shortly thereafter. Problem is that I'm going to need to dip into that fund to pay for the Ball, and I also know that I'm going to need a new laptop sometime soon. I'm also not sure which Bremont I want. If I go with the Solo, I could be looking at spending close to $1,500 less than if I went with the Alt1-C.

All that considered, I still think that Christmas is a likely target date. It will be one lovely Christmas present to myself if I'm able to stick to it.
Peteo
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Peteo »

downer wrote:Very classy Peteo. Congrats on a very nice pick up. :)
Thanks, downer. It sure is classy. Now if we can only do something about the bloke attached to it. :lol:
Peteo
downer

Post by downer »

Peteo wrote:
downer wrote:Very classy Peteo. Congrats on a very nice pick up. :)
Thanks, downer. It sure is classy. Now if we can only do something about the bloke attached to it. :lol:
My AT feels the same. :lol:
Richard
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

I like that..very clean & simple for a Ball. I think it looks best on the leather tbh..i suspect that a bracelet would look less elegant.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
DSHall
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 22
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes

My Ball Trainmaster Streamliner

Post by DSHall »

Very very nice. Love the hands. :D
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

A lovely watch, I can see why it is presenting a challenge for your C5.
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
downer

Post by downer »

Peteo, I was just looking at this thread again....

Not only is it a very nice watch, but your photographs are also very good - really showing us the details. :thumbup:
Richard
Leo David
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Leo David »

Don't be too disappointed with the case back. In the absence of Ball's trademark engraved backs, the rotor is very nicely engraved and in my view glass back suits the watch very well. Overall it's a very nice well balanced piece so congrats and enjoy wearing it.