More Orient woes....

A place to discuss other watch-brands
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

More Orient woes....

Post by xtriple »

Received the SK back from Retro watches this morning and already it's gone wrong - again! Doesn't seem like the rotor is turning properly so it's not winding - at least the rotor sounds like it needs an awful lot of energy put into it to move at all. So do I wait for Miklos to get back to me again (he's been very good so far regarding this watch, he's just had it back and had it serviced) or take the back off myself and have a look to see if anything is jamming the rotor?
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: More Orient woes....

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Sounds like you've been a bit unlucky with that one! :(
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Sorry to hear about this.

If anything is jamming the rotor it most likely would be a loose screw. Other damaged may have occurred if a screw is floating around in there. I would send it back again. If you open it you will probably void your warranty.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Having heard nothing from Miklos I decided this morning to take the back off and have a look-see. I was correct, the rotor was partially jammed by a plastic spacer type affair. It had obviously moved when the back was screwed on and was catching on the rotor. After much fiddling (it really wanted to jam up the works) I managed to get the spacer back into position and keep it there while the back was screwed back on. Now it sounds like the rotor is free to spin and the watch is currently working and has been for the last few hours....

Hopeful now.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
alphajet
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by alphajet »

xtriple wrote:Having heard nothing from Miklos I decided this morning to take the back off and have a look-see. I was correct, the rotor was partially jammed by a plastic spacer type affair. It had obviously moved when the back was screwed on and was catching on the rotor. After much fiddling (it really wanted to jam up the works) I managed to get the spacer back into position and keep it there while the back was screwed back on. Now it sounds like the rotor is free to spin and the watch is currently working and has been for the last few hours....

Hopeful now.
Well done, that will give you confidence to whip the back off all your watches. :D
No more Quartz (except when I cannot resist).
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Miklos said that they'd serviced and regulated the Orient which was why he was so surprised at a fault - I think it was el postino kicking it around. Anyway, it's running at - 2 seconds for the day which I consider pretty bloody good.