Longines Dolce Vita Sector Dial

A place to discuss other watch-brands
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Longines Dolce Vita Sector Dial

Post by StrappedUp »

I think this new 2021 Dolce Vita is a home run. I've considered the current models on more than one occasion, but still not fully sold on Roman numerals.

Sector dial without munched numbers, (sort of) inconspicuous date ... I may yet try for 3rd time lucky with Longines.

Link to brief article here if anyone interested https://monochrome-watches.com/longines ... ing-price/.

Ryan
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Re: Longines Dolce Vita Sector Dial

Post by missF »

I think you deserve some Longines luck by now!
This is gorgeous. The first thing I noticed was the blued hands; next, the different finishes on the inner and outer segments of the dial; next the crown (it''s brilliant); then the art deco numbers. There's so much to like about this :thumbup:
watching you fail in your quest for a “one watch” has been great entertainment
Watchaholic

‘Imprudently spendy’
Thomcat00
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Damn, the original 'Sector' has been high on my list!!..and this one?...hmmm :problem:
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
strapline
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by strapline »

That's a lovely watch. The case finishing that Longines achieves is superb. The Cartier minute track is classy. The whole dial is really nice and balanced. I find the arabics a bit nondescript, they could have chosen much better I think. Personally, I would have liked to see applied RN's. I keep saying it, Longines are doing a lot of the right stuff right now.

Des
Does melancholy count as two of your five daily servings?
jkbarnes
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jkbarnes »

That is a lovely watch, indeed! Applied numbers would have been a nice bonus since it’s only 3, 6, 9, and 12.
Drew
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Noush »

100% brilliant. Roman numerals on this style of watch get rather busy for my taste but this addresses that beautifully.
Personally I rather like the arabics with thick print (like the Heritage Sector). Not normally my style of watch but I'd wear this for sure. Nice find!
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by rkovars »

I agree some nice raised numerals would be great. I think the fact it has arabics sets it apart (there are plenty in the same collection with Romans). There are plenty of choices out there with Romans. I would definitely look at this. The crown looks a little suspect on the usability front but easy enough to find out by taking a look at one. I have really been asleep at the wheel when it comes to Longines. The Heritage collection has some really nice looking pieces and this one looks really good too. I'm going to have to look closer the next time I swing by the AD.
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London