is this possible? in a different way

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Lewis
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

is this possible? in a different way

Post by Lewis »

Maybe if you pick your favorite few watches and say major reasons why you like those watches and major flaws those watches have.
for me
Panerai:
As a brand Panerai has very distinct design. When you see one you know what it is. Cushion case, sandwich dial, great lume, and of course the crown guard. I love the Italian navy Rolex history. And I love how simple the design is but yet so effective.
Panerai negative is that it's not Italian any more and they are associated with being watches for meatheads.
In the end for me personally I still love Panerai watches, simple, distinct, and masculine.

Jlc reverso grande
Again a very distinct design and history. I love that this watch has a sport history and is very much a dress watch now. Jlc is known for amazing movements and classic design.
Cons for me are that these watches are a bit more fragile and a bit more expensive to maintain and repair.
all in all I love the jlc grande reverso the heritage, the design, and the fact that this watch says that the wearer knows watches.
Lewis

Omega Speedmaster 1861
Karl Falk Automatik black dial
C60 Trident Black bezel mk1 2nd gen logo (warranty swapped out my original charcoal bezel)
Seiko New Gen Orange Monster
Seiko Pogue-ish 6139-6009 resist notched
robinbarke
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Re: is this possible? in a different way

Post by robinbarke »

I think, maybe, this post should be in 'Other Brands'

Robin
C9GMT C8 Mk 1 C5 Malvern 2011 C9FLE C50 Malvern COSC C60 FLE2012 2013FLE
Oris Big Crown, Hublot, Rolex Datejust, Nomos Tangomat.

See my book, Aynho Junction, in the News section of http://www.robinbarkerphotography.com
JamesH
Guru
Guru

Post by JamesH »

I think some companies overdevelop their watches and go away from what attracted people to them in the first place.
Lewis
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 1

Post by Lewis »

I posted this as a continuation to kips post "is this possible?" A way of mentioning designs and features of watches that we like. I just added the reference of watches that already exist
Lewis

Omega Speedmaster 1861
Karl Falk Automatik black dial
C60 Trident Black bezel mk1 2nd gen logo (warranty swapped out my original charcoal bezel)
Seiko New Gen Orange Monster
Seiko Pogue-ish 6139-6009 resist notched