A place to discuss other watch-brands
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7
LE-two: yes

Re: I've now got two Ball's

Post by Monkey »

village wrote:Once upon a time i didn't have any Balls.....then i had one Ball....but i lost it. But now,i have one Ball again. At least i've had two Balls and hope to have again.

"what was that Doctor?...oh <cough>...."

Bit like Hitler then................is one in the Albert Hall?? :D
John
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

Do you ultrasonically clean your Ball,s
Graham
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by redd »

mikepj wrote:you mean two total strangers held your one of your balls in their hands
Absolutely.

The first (more mature) lady took a little time finding it and eventually found it in the safe. After a quick inspection she admitted being unsure of how to adjust it properly and called over a very nice looking young lady who had a quick look and instantly knew what to do with it. She did a quicky with a small screw and I left very satisfied.
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

redd wrote:
mikepj wrote:you mean two total strangers held your one of your balls in their hands
Absolutely.

The first (more mature) lady took a little time finding it and eventually found it in the safe. After a quick inspection she admitted being unsure of how to adjust it properly and called over a very nice looking young lady who had a quick look and instantly knew what to do with it. She did a quicky with a small screw and I left very satisfied.

Lets clear something up. Did she screw your nuts off or was it just a balls up. :lol:
Graham
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by redd »

Nearly time to hit the hay and admire the radioactive glow from my Ball's.

I'll try and sort out some pics tomorrow, but I'm already pretty sure they will suffer in comparison to village's Ball.
Tony

28800bph
"Asylum Knight of the Diver"

Post by 28800bph »

Watch out Redd -- when you start to hit puberty, your Balls will drop.
scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Titter ye not

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
Nealgar
Expert
Expert
CW-watches: 55

I've now got two Ball's

Post by Nealgar »

I have only got one ball, the other is in.... Stop stop stop, I have actually only got one as attached, this was an e bay purchase and I don't even know what model it is? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks
NealImage
The question is do you take the blue pill or the red pill?
mrs j
Guru
Guru
CW-watches: 10
LE-fourb: yes

Post by mrs j »

Does this mean when they become vintage there called old man's balls :lol:
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by redd »

redd wrote:I've now got two Ball's - And if there is a bit of sun tomorrow, I'll take some pictures and show them to you.
So…… not too much sun this morning, but I took some photos of my new Ball Master Engineer II Diver and its older brother the Ball Fireman II. BTW, be very grateful this is not xtriple’s thread or you might see a few very different photos ;)

My Balls:

And here are the Ball backs:

A few of the new arrival:

atnits wrote:I'm interested to know their sizes
redd wrote:one is 43mm and the other 42mm
On the left is the 43mm wide Fireman II and the Engineer Master on the right is 42mm

redd wrote:
Dancematt wrote: I'm glad u now have two Balls Redd, don't you just feel more balanced now?
My new Ball is much heavier tbh and noticably different from the other. When it was taken out in the shop for a quick check and small adjustment ,the two ladies (who'd never seen it before) were very impressed by the weight and quailty of it.
At 14.9mm deep compared to the Fireman II’s 11.1 (and throw in the steel bracelet) it’s a much more weighty watch than it looks. Ernest Jones in Bristol don’t stock the brand and I do believe they were very impressed with the watch (ie not putting it on) and even more so considering the price.

This shows how much 'chunkier' the new watch is compared to the Fireman:

redd wrote:
Absolutely.

The first sales assistant went looking for my order and couldn’t find it under the counter. I got very worried when she said she was going to ring their online ordering department. then she re-checked the order and spotted the watch as over £500 so went to check the safe and thankfully it was there.

We both inspected the watch (in great condition as expected) and I asked for a half link to be taken off for re-sizing. I think she was looking for pins and didn’t realise it had screws. She called over a colleague who realised this instantly and a two minute job with a screw diver, the necessary screws were removed and re-inserted and the watch was perfect – very satisfied. Since then I've added it back tbh, so the bracelet in the photos is the full set on my 7 3/4 inch wrist - maybe xmas added a little.
redd wrote:Nearly time to hit the hay and admire the radioactive glow from my Ball's.
And here it is

Against all the heavy lume dive watches I've owned, nothing beats the fireman II's simple Tritium glow for pure and simply reading the time at night. As nice as the Engineer Master light show is, the Fireman beats it.

redd wrote:I'll try and sort out some pics tomorrow, but I'm already pretty sure they will suffer in comparison to village's Ball.
So you’ve had the photos and as I expected they are not a patch on flipper’s village's of the same watch.
f1colin wrote:
redd wrote:And if there is a bit of sun tomorrow, I'll take some pictures and show them to you.
.....mmmm, trying to get the prize for most amusing thread title of 2012 in Jan eh!!!!
I fail to see what you think is so amusing with this thread about my new Ball watch! I don’t joke when it comes to my Balls.
Tony

redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by redd »

And btw.... it's very nice.

Did find the face very fussy yesterday compared to my other watches, but have quickly got used to that.

Other than that I agree with nearly everything flipper village posted here: http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =8&t=10267

The exception being that I think the bracelet is very nicely proportioned
Tony

village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

Congrats Redd.....like you i had this on my hit list most of the year...that price was way too good to say no to!
The pictures look good to me and the diver looks good next to its brother.
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by redd »

Should we open a book on whose is up for sale first?
Tony

downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

redd wrote:Should we open a book on whose is up for sale first?
That's a tough one to call, But I'm gonna bet that Redd flips first.

By the way, congrats Redd. Great pair.
Richard
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-three: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

Ok, 2012 goal, ball(s)
Incoming: 0