Hand winders amongst us (steinhart)

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 3

Re: Hand winders amongst us (steinhart)

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Quartz 3, Auto 3, Manual wind 7...you can see where I stand!
I don't really get on with autos, and I don't see myself buying any more apart from another cheap diver I'm looking at.
I think my future purchases will be hand-wound.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
robert75
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2
LE-fourb: yes

Post by robert75 »

I am with you on that one. I really dont know why watch companies switched from hand wound to autos (Cost perhaps?) As watches not so long ago were pretty much all hand wound or quartz. Hand wound ones now seem to be more expensive than autos but personally I like the idea of the hand wound one. For a start you dont have to worry about watch winders, watches loosing time because its not on your wrist etc.....

I also like the fact that any hand wound watch I have I can come home from work and just wind it up and go. I can also wind it up in the morning and when I come home so it keeps constant.

I have been put off buying a few watches I have seen recently because they are autos. I am pretty much down to my CW auto right now and wish they would bring out a few hand wound watches.
tinknocker
CW-watches: 0

Post by tinknocker »

II appreciate my manuals. In the morning I wind them up and they're good to go. It does become a little ritual in the morning.

I would say, whichever one looks better to you, you can't go wrong.
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

The Handy-Men are coming over strongly here. Are you listening, Mr. W? :god: :mod: [-o< [-o<
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
GAZ082

Post by GAZ082 »

Hello guys. I'll take the chance to introduce me. I'm Gabriel, from Argentina, and got interested into mechanicals a few months ago and 2 weeks ago i got a Laco Navy Miyota which I already ordered a new strap and bracelet to play with!

Anyway, I'd really like to see a HW model in CW's collection, specially a C9 (which i'm having lustful thoughts for it, but then i remember it's an auto and my next has to be HW!). I already dropped an email which Wera swiftly replied a few hours later she'd check with CW.

Regarding the long seconds needle,ETA or Sellita do not offer a move with it? (hack and date wold be handsome as well ;) )
GAZ082

Post by GAZ082 »

"Gabriel we are working on a HW c9 for autumn this year…995 CHANCE OF IT MAKING IT

Regards

c"

Please note the little "c" at the end of the mail ;)
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Yes there is a real possibility of this.....all we can say is keep an eye to sneak previews come summer.
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
robert75
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by robert75 »

That is really good news Kip as I was one of the above who was asking the question why CW didnt produce a hand wind watch. I would love to have a CW hand wind watch only thing I would ask is keep the price reasonable. So many companies out there seem to double the price of a hand wind watch.
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 17

Post by Mr Rick »

robert75 wrote:That is really good news Kip as I was one of the above who was asking the question why CW didnt produce a hand wind watch. I would love to have a CW hand wind watch only thing I would ask is keep the price reasonable. So many companies out there seem to double the price of a hand wind watch.
Remember, the 2011 FLE is a hand wound watch. :)

I believe a few are still available.

http://www.christopherwardforum.com/vie ... =52&t=6685
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
Pete_vxl
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Pete_vxl »

Ordered the hand wind yesterday :D No idea of delivery but i have set a realistic timescale of 14 days in my head :lol:
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mr Rick »

Pete_vxl wrote:Ordered the hand wind yesterday :D No idea of delivery but i have set a realistic timescale of 14 days in my head :lol:
That's great Pete. Delivery is usually 7-10 days worldwide and much less to the UK.
Rick

Various vintage Heuers
CW C8 Pilot MK I and II, 2011 and 13 FLEs, C5 B of B and Malvern Aviator MK II, C11 MSL MK I, C70 DBR1, C60 and C60 GMT, C9 Harrison, C9 Chrono, C10 Aviator
My Name Is Pete
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by My Name Is Pete »

If the item is in stock, Steinhart will get the watch to you in about 4-5 working days or so (posting from Germany to the UK).
Pete
redd
Forumgod
Forumgod

Post by redd »

I've several hand wind 'auto' watches. i.e. each time I rotate my autos I give them a hand wind to start them up, set the time/date and leave it to it = best of both worlds.

Unless you are going to wear a hand wind for several days in a row and actually wind it to keep it going, there's little/no difference in the ownership experience.

Beautiful watch regardless and FYI my recent Steinhart order took about 7/8 days from placing the order
Tony

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
Pete_vxl
Junior
Junior

Hand winders amongst us (steinhart)

Post by Pete_vxl »

Just incase the internet care, my watch arrived today. 9 days after order which included two days bank holiday.

Excellent service and comms from steinhart and over the moon with the watch.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread and helped me get rid of the itch!!

Sent from my Nokia 3210
Mr Rick
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Mr Rick »

Pete_vxl wrote:Just incase the internet care, my watch arrived today. 9 days after order which included two days bank holiday.

Excellent service and comms from steinhart and over the moon with the watch.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread and helped me get rid of the itch!!

Sent from my Nokia 3210
Pictures, we need pictures!! :D
Rick

Various vintage Heuers