Hamilton - buying advice

A place to discuss other watch-brands
tinknocker
CW-watches: 0

Re: Hamilton - buying advice

Post by tinknocker »

I have the Khaki Field that Tor has above but 38mm, small wrist syndrome, and it's top notch. Hammy's are well regulated. My auto is at +2 sec a day.

I also have the Khaki Field Manual, 38mm, green dial and that thing started out at +1 sec a day, now it only loses about 12 sec a month.

They don't have AR coating, but it never bothers me, except when I'm trying to take pictures of them.

The Auto is a classic and classy watch. And as said above, the straps are excellent.
mickarthur
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 3

Post by mickarthur »

Lawrence wrote:
robert75 wrote:Think Hamilton are living a bit on past reputation of being an American watch made in America./quote]

I've just spent the last 30 minutes trolling through the Hamilton website and the majority say 'Swiss Made" I have to presume this comes from being owned by the Swatch Group.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but if it says "Swiss Made" it has to have a Swiss Movement and also be assembled in Switzerland. Alternatively, if a watch has a Swiss Movement but is assembled elsewhere, the dial description would be limited to "Swiss Mov't."

They are owned by Swatch Group but the Swiss Made description is because they meet certain Swiss manufacturing requirements to market their watches as such.
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

There are some answers here but please remember this is an internet article and it could all be hokum but it looks like it's well written and accurate. I'm sure somebody else will jump to my aid if it's incorrect;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Made
Bulova Accutron Gemini, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, C60 Elite 1000 GMT, C60 Chrono, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C60 Trident Bronze Ombré COSC LE Edition and others....
Lavaine
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Lavaine »

Great photos of the 42mm TorBillon. I'm wearing my 38mm today.
Gogs, Khaki Fields and Khaki Mechanicals show up frequently on WatchUSeek, if you are looking for used.
Good luck with the search.
2017 CW Forum "Darwin Award" winner.
Maraeburn
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by Maraeburn »

I've got one of these, great watch!
trsullivan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 13

Post by trsullivan »

I have a Khaki Field Auto in 38mm that I've had for about two years or so, and I think it's one of the two or three best I possess. In fact, it is the watch that got me started on collecting, rather than simply buying to replace broken down ones. That and my Gallet, of course. Hamilton is, as others have noted, a part of the Swatch Group, yes they DO play on their American heritage, but they also make a really good watch (I'll qualify this comment-the Khaki Field lines, auto and mechanical-are the best to me, but I am biased), and by and large their prices aren't too bad, particularly for venues such as Amazon.com and the like. And now, a photo:
Sorry about the lighting, I need to practice my photography. :lol:
Tom
Rule #1 - "Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut."
C3GWT, C13SWK, C5Aviator, C5 BoB, C4BBMF, W7BBMF, Pepsi GMT, Scooter Blue, C80, C65 LE, C7 COSC, C3 FLE
C65 AM GT LE
Gogs
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Gogs »

I do really like that watch. Saving is currently underway and I'll hopefully get one soon (at least 6 months though). I'm going to keep an eye out on WUS/Ebay as well, just in case any bargains come up!!
Tag Heuer Monaco
Tag Heuer Professional Golf
C60 Trident Auto
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

How about something different?

Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Beastmaster
Forumgod
Forumgod
CW-watches: 9

Post by Beastmaster »

Kip wrote:How about something different?

works for me - I have the white faced version and I love it, sort of art deco meets the klingons!

Hamilton Ventura by BeastmasterNo2, on Flickr
C6 yellow Kingfisher, C5 black Malvern Aviator Ltd Edition, C70 DBR1, C70 IT, C60 Trident 2012 FLE Scooter, C70 MC, C70 Cunningham
Lawrence
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 20

Post by Lawrence »

I bought one of these last night and am now waiting for it to arrive;

I am very excited. :D
Bulova Accutron Gemini, C65 Trident Bronze SH21 LE, C65 Trident Black, C65 Trident Diver SH21, C65 Trident Ombre LE, C60 Elite 1000 GMT, C60 Chrono, Tudor Black Bay Heritage Maroon & Black, C60 Trident Bronze Ombré COSC LE Edition and others....
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 147
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Beastmaster wrote:
Kip wrote:How about something different?

works for me - I have the white faced version and I love it, sort of art deco meets the klingons!

Hamilton Ventura by BeastmasterNo2, on Flickr
I agree. I love mine but the white dial looks great. I had not seen that before. :thumbup:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
Gogs
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Post by Gogs »

Those Venturas are a wee bit exotic for my tastes! Would need to see one in the flesh, it might grow on me.
Tag Heuer Monaco
Tag Heuer Professional Golf
C60 Trident Auto
Toffeeggs
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 10

Post by Toffeeggs »

Hamilton Khaki Air Race. Very good time keeping and I do favour this more than others in my small collection.Image
C40 Speedhawk
C60 Trident GMT
C9 Harrison Blue Chrono
C11 MAK
C7 Rapide Blue face
C9-Big Day Date
Trident 600 white dial/bracelet
C7 Rosso Corsa COSC Limited Edition
C1000Typhoon Fgr4 - Cockpit Edition
C7 Rapide Auto Red/Black