Fiyta

A place to discuss other watch-brands
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Fiyta

Post by MadJam250 »

Anyone familiar with the Chinese brand, Fiyta?

Passed a local branch of F.Hinds today and saw the display in their window ..

http://www.fhinds.co.uk/Watches/Mens_Wa ... eV67UJk%3D
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Steinhart Titanium O1Ti500P
* Tissot Visodate heritage incoming
* Certina DS Podium chrono
* Seiko SARB033
* Smiths vintage mechanical WC4204/s
* Brathwait Classic Slim Steel
* Invicta 8924, 9094
st-rider
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Re: Fiyta

Post by st-rider »

I did a Google.
From their site brand history.
They've been into space!
Alex

Caitlin: "What did Ducky look like when he was younger?"
Gibbs: "Illya Kuryakin" :D
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

Yub, Chinese astranuats wore Fiyta spacemaster on a space mission. Not a very popular brand even in the Chinese community though.
Incoming: 0
poppydoodlesdad
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by poppydoodlesdad »

Aifo wrote:Yub, Chinese astranuats wore Fiyta spacemaster on a space mission. Not a very popular brand even in the Chinese community though.
Does this mean they're not very good or just not very popular?

They seem to suggest they have their own movement?
"You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room." Dr. Seuss

Some watches
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Looking at the F Hinds range (which to me seems largely pointless and derived) I was all ready to hate on this brand but the collections on the website have decent ideas.

Some of the designs show decent design concepts, the see through dials (not skeleton although the mesh ones look good) the break disc style chapter rings, the splashes of colour and crown designs. Might not be cohesive but some thought has gone into these to not become another boring homage brand. Cases are obviously stupidly large in most cases which is almost the norm these days.

Just check this guy out; your own MB&F(ish) for under £400? very inventive if reliable. i like this brand (but without that final push to buy at this late stage as a collector)

http://www.watchshop.com/mens-fiyta-ext ... 75889.html
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Iangh

Post by Iangh »

Aifo wrote:Yub, Chinese astranuats wore Fiyta spacemaster on a space mission. Not a very popular brand even in the Chinese community though.
Not doing too bad for a Chinese brand in China. Sea-gull, Beijing and Shanghai don't make the top twenty.

MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by MadJam250 »

For an unknown (mostly) brand, the west they seem to be interesting .. like's been said, own movement, new designs etc. I didn't look up close at any in the shop but the display in the window was appealing, and £135 for an in house automatic is a steal (Orient comparison, maybe?). Half the links, I found, on their website jumped to Chinese characters so unless you are up on your Mandarin it's hard to fathom out more about the company, other than that they've only been around for a couple of decades it seems and manufacture some interesting designs. Seems they exhibited at Baselworld too.
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Seiko SARB033
* Invicta 8924, 9094
Aifo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Aifo »

poppydoodlesdad wrote:
Does this mean they're not very good or just not very popular?

They seem to suggest they have their own movement?
Not very popular and most of the designs are´t really appealing, they do have inhouse movements indeed and so is Seiko which, in my book, a much more solid watch at all price levels.
Incoming: 0
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Iangh wrote:
Not doing too bad for a Chinese brand in China. Sea-gull, Beijing and Shanghai don't make the top twenty.

Interesting first post. What's your source?

So now I have to look up Rossini, Ebohr and Athena (i'll overlook any brand that has the word Wang in its name).
Iangh

Post by Iangh »

Dancematt wrote:
Interesting first post. What's your source?
Jun Liao aka Mr http://www.good-stuffs.com/ aka trusthonestman on Ebay.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

IWC are incredibly low on that list and Longines high. Still Seiko dont feature at all.
Iangh

Post by Iangh »

I was in KL a few weeks ago and my mate was helping two ladies from China with directions. Whilst he went off to get some information for them I showed them my Chinese Sea-gull M199S that I was wearing. They didn't have a clue about Sea-gull! I think I'm right in saying that the Chinese brands in the list use Japanese movements.
Alex r
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by Alex r »

The top 20 is interesting. Surprised Seiko never made the list as they make a lot of models solely for the Asian market. Orient are a surprise omission as well.
Be interested to see how a top 20 of Asia matches up to a European top 20.
jmarchitect
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Post by jmarchitect »

I had never heard of the brand before reading this thread and have just spend a pleasant three minutes perusing their offerings. Interesting to see how they rank in sales and I am also surprised not to see Seiko on the list. The Aeronautic range have some interesting pieces and on the whole there appears to be something for everyone, as long as they can get past the brand name and logo.
MadJam250
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by MadJam250 »

Resurrecting an older thread here ... out of curiosity I went to an authorised dealer yesterday and asked to try on one of the automatics ... it looked pretty nice (smart, dressy, simple dial) yet the weight (or lack of), for an auto, was awful, especially as the depth of the case looked substantial and weighty. I can only imagine that the steel was the thinest/cheapest grade possible, especially too on the crown and for a very feeble deployant clasp buckle - I'd be amazed if that didn't break within a few wears and the spring bars wiggled and kept popping out of the lugs! It almost felt like it was entirely made of plastic covered with a (up close) cheap metallic coating. At £169 you'd think it was a bargain for an automatic watch, yet I'd say it was well over priced. Clearly one for non watch enthusiasts, who fall for judging a book by its cover, and want to wear something that is relatively inexpensive whilst maintaining a good look ... and for that, it will work (to an extent). Shameful really :-(
MadJam

* CWL, x2 (C2, C3)
* Seiko SARB033
* Invicta 8924, 9094