Eoniq Alster Custom Watch Review .

A place to discuss other watch-brands
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Eoniq Alster Custom Watch Review .

Post by tempusmaximus »

Every watch collector at some stage , needs to have that piece they can show their fellow watch aficionados , that has characteristics built in with a personal touch . Having a timepiece with your name elegantly etched onto the dial has a special feeling to it . With Eoniq the final product is hardly the best part of the process , its the journey getting there what really counts . Eoniq offers exquisitely crafted hand-assembled custom made quartz and mechanical watches to suit any style , today we will be taking a look at the Alster model .

https://www.watchreviewblog.com/eoniq-a ... ch-review/

Bernie
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Eoniq Alster Custom Watch Review .

Post by hughesyn »

That looks really interesting, I might give it a try.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
Thegreyman
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 6

Post by Thegreyman »

I prefer our FLE, designed by the forum.
Patrick

C60 Pro 300, C60 Sunrise, C63 Sealander Lucerne blue LE, C65 Dartmouth, W11 Amelia (wife), C63 Sealander (son)

Some others + a few on the way
hughesyn
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by hughesyn »

Since FLEs are a thing of the past, I might give Undone or Eoniq a try for a customised watch.

My Undone attempts always end up looking conventional, I have to force myself to do something wacky with the colours.
C8 Pilot Mk II Vintage; C5 Quartz Mk II; C4 'Phoenix', C5 MMXV FLE, C7 Automatic Chronograph
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

Ryan
gaf1958
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 24

Post by gaf1958 »

Is it just me, or did that read like a TV advertorial? It just seemed a bit “odd” to me, talking about quality many times without giving any reason for that impression. Maybe I’m just being overly suspicious...
CW C1+2xC3+6xC6/60K+C7+C11+3xC60T+2xC65+C90+2xC600
Omega Ω 11xSpeedy+14xSeamaster+4xConnie+DeVille
Cartier+2xPanerai+2xFarer+2xOris+Sinn+11xSeiko+ManyVintage
B&R+Halios+5xVisitor+TagH+6xTissot+2xZelos+4xCertina+more
Family12xCW+2xΩ+Cartier
StrappedUp
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 0

Post by StrappedUp »

^^^ didn't get to the end to notice really.
I stopped scanning over it when the author referred to the balance wheel as a tourbillon.
Real passion for watches :yawn:
Ryan
billyeli

Post by billyeli »

StrappedUp wrote:Image
I would put a bounty on Chris' head if my ordered CW watch arrives looking like this lol

But seriously I tried out their designing tool, actually quite fun to play with. On the other hand, I didn't know about Undone before either, but their designer application isn't so much "designing" but simply just mix and match. Feels a bit disappointed by that honestly. Think I'll keep an eye out for Eoniq, seems to be a potentially good brand starting small.
billyeli

Post by billyeli »

gaf1958 wrote:Is it just me, or did that read like a TV advertorial? It just seemed a bit “odd” to me, talking about quality many times without giving any reason for that impression. Maybe I’m just being overly suspicious...
I read it this way: it's generally difficult to justify "quality" just by words alone (and that's actually my gripe on most watch reviews), so the justification have to come from the photos, which I think the author made a conscious effort to do here (like he talks about a part of the watch and backs it up with a photo of that part). I think the photos here looks quite nice (not CW nice/nice enough I'll scream I have to buy it) and somewhat justify his claim of "quality", at least to my eyes. Now to really justify it, I have to get my hands on the watch itself...

But then you have "tourbillon"... well well well... :lol: