Damasko interview

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Jan
Senior Guru
Senior Guru
CW-watches: 6

Damasko interview

Post by Jan »

Jonathan from Page & Cooper has published a very interesting video interview with Konrad Damasko and son:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f8/intervi ... 37332.html
C20 Lido, C5 Aviator, C5 Quartz, W6 Splash, C4 Peregrine, C6 RAF Valley
tempusmaximus
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Re: Damasko interview

Post by tempusmaximus »

very informative clip with a great insight into damasko watches , thanks for posting :thumbup:
Bernie
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Very interesting, Jan. Thanks for posting.

I am full of admiration for what Damasko does, and the fact that they are making their own direction in a world full of 'me-too' watchmakers. In house movements, highly technical cases etc - all excellent.

In fact, I had some regrets selling the DA37 - but I don't suppose you wish to sell it back? Thought not. :)

So...........for my next one... DA363 or DA46...or should I go all out and get a chrono model?
Richard
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

downer wrote:Very interesting, Jan. Thanks for posting.

I am full of admiration for what Damasko does, and the fact that they are making their own direction in a world full of 'me-too' watchmakers. In house movements, highly technical cases etc - all excellent.

In fact, I had some regrets selling the DA37 - but I don't suppose you wish to sell it back? Thought not. :)

So...........for my next one... DA363 or DA46...or should I go all out and get a chrono model?
My recommendation would be to sell me the Solo and use the money for a Chrono. :D
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

smegwina wrote:

My recommendation would be to sell me the Solo and use the money for a Chrono. :D
Never gonna happen... And anyway a 7750 driven Damasko chrono can be had for the price of a C60GMT + Stowa + a little bit... :)
Richard
smegwina
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 11

Post by smegwina »

downer wrote:
smegwina wrote:

Never gonna happen... And anyway a 7750 driven Damasko chrono can be had for the price of a C60GMT + Stowa + a little bit... :)
Thought that may be the case, but it was worth a go! :)
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by asqwerth »

I am full of admiration for what Damasko does, and the fact that they are making their own direction in a world full of 'me-too' watchmakers. In house movements, highly technical cases etc - all excellent.....
They must be seen as upstarts in the watchmaking business to some extent. They don't really have any history or background in watchmaking, having started as a metalworking business. From what I can see, the watch side started only because the founder is passionate about watches.

They seem to have built up their own expertise in watchmaking and come up with hi-tech innovations from scratch.

Very impressive.
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen