Citizen ECO-Drive Chronograph World Time, £79 @ Argos

A place to discuss other watch-brands
ctafield

Citizen ECO-Drive Chronograph World Time, £79 @ Argos

Post by ctafield »

Catalogue number 283/3048... Seems like a good price, but I have no idea if they're any good... Anyone? :)
President
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Re: Citizen ECO-Drive Chronograph World Time, £79 @ Argos

Post by President »

It's hideous.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

To be honest, the list of things i would rather do with £79 is very long!
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
ctafield

Post by ctafield »

Now, now... don't sit on the fence. Tell me what you really feel :lol:
joerattz
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Post by joerattz »

I can't believe Citizen would make any junk, so I would expect it to be a solid watch, although I have no experience with this particular model.

I do however have one of these:

It's a Sailhawk. It is a very neat watch, although I almost never wear it. Mine is the titanium version of it. Eco-drive is a superb technology and if I traveled in multiple timezones frequently, I would definitely wear it a lot.

The way it handles timezones is very cool. You can see in that picture that the 'home/current' time is 10:09 (what the hands show). And you can see NYC is 8:09 (in the digital display). What is cool is that you can use the chrono pushers to rotate through all the timezones the watch knows about and you have configured to display. I think it knows something like 23 timezones, and if you leave the watch at the default, it will rotate through all 23 tzs. But, you can turn any off so that they don't display when you push the chrono pushers. So let's say you operate in 5 tzs, NYC, LON, PAR, TKY, and LA, you could set it to only show those. Now, here's what is really cool. If you push both chrono pushers simultaneously and hold for about 5 seconds, the hands set to the currently viewed digital tz. So if you live in LA and you just flew to NYC, just push one of the pushers until NYC is on the digital display (like in the picture), and press and hold both pushers and the hands will set to NYC time. Very cool. When you get back to LA, push a chrono pusher until the digital display is showing LA, then press and hold both pushers and the hands go back to LA. Very simple. If I traveled between tzs often, this watch would probably be my favorite. The Citizen Navihawks do the same thing, I think.
C5SWT (#316), C5AKS (#316/1936), C5AWS (#789/1936), C6-ForumLE (#3/100), C6SYS (#347), C6-T3LE (#130/300), C6SWS (#601), C3SKS (#1204)

Pro LINQ: Language Integrated Query in C# 2008 : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1590597893?tag=netsplore-20
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Is it really that hard to either unscrew a crown and change the time, thus meaning you can continue wearing a nice watch instead of one of these monstrosities.
Either that or do some simple adding/subtracting.
Sorry, i've got a stinking cold and am feeling grumpy but thats my opinion. :krank:
Yoda
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Yoda »

village wrote:Is it really that hard to either unscrew a crown and change the time, thus meaning you can continue wearing a nice watch instead of one of these monstrosities.
Either that or do some simple adding/subtracting.
Sorry, i've got a stinking cold and am feeling grumpy but thats my opinion. :krank:
It shows! Go to bed with a hot woman, it helps.
Indigo fugit

Yoda, bringing light to the dark side.
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 150
LE-one: yes
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Poor Village... I will try to find you some of my special meds...but you must stay in your room with the hot woman untill I find them. :D Off I go.........I will be back as soon as possible....I never realized this place was so big........it might take longer than I thought....are you gonna be okay till I get back?
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by village »

Yoda wrote:It shows! Go to bed with a hot woman, it helps.

That's who i caught it from!...and the kids added their own particular strains!