Calling All Steinhart Owners: Return Policy?

A place to discuss other watch-brands
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3
LE-two: yes
LE-fourb: yes

Post by Peteo »

So, I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a Nav Chrono II DLC, but I'm trying to get a little clarification on the particulars of the return policy. The language on the Steinhart Web site seems to say that customers have 14 days to return an item, but I'm not sure. The mix of legal language and some not-so-clear, possibly non-native attempts at English make me wonder.

Anyone got any distilled sense of the details of Steinhart's return policy? Thanks in advance.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue
AliBar
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by AliBar »

The way I read it is that you have 14 days from receipt of the watch to tell them if you intend to return it (section 7) for any reason. You then have up until 30 days after receipt to get it back to them (section 8). Plus two year mechanical warranty.

Cant see why you would be returning for any non-mechanical reason so hopefully its a moot point anyway. I've got three Steinharts now, inc the Nav B chrono, and they are all keepers :)
Alastair.

Double Member of the C80 Owners Club
Peteo
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 3

Re: Calling All Steinhart Owners: Return Policy?

Post by Peteo »

AliBar wrote:The way I read it is that you have 14 days from receipt of the watch to tell them if you intend to return it (section 7) for any reason. You then have up until 30 days after receipt to get it back to them (section 8). Plus two year mechanical warranty.

Cant see why you would be returning for any non-mechanical reason so hopefully its a moot point anyway. I've got three Steinharts now, inc the Nav B chrono, and they are all keepers :)
Thanks. How you read it is how I figured it too. That's reassuring. Well, one fewer reason not to pull the trigger, I suppose. Oh, my bank account is going to hate me.
Peteo
CWs: C70US #702, 2009FLE #34, C65 S. Compressor
Non-CWs: AL&S 1815 A. Calendar, BREMONT Solo, CASIO G-Shock, GRAND SEIKO SBGA415 & SBGJ251, OMEGA Speedmaster Racing, SINN EZM13 & 103AB, TOWSON WATCH CO. C20 Chrono, TUDOR Black Bay Blue