Breitling SuperOcean.

A place to discuss other watch-brands
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Breitling SuperOcean.

Post by xtriple »

Breitling SuperOcean Professional. Just received from Watchfinders ltd. Well pleased! Arrived with box and paperwork (but no receipt of warranty card - grrr!) and a Breitling service box as well. It came on a brand new Breitling rubber strap (the bracelet looks a little worse for wear, as I was warned it is secondhand) which actually looks really good and suits the watch.

Really pleased, odd little dink on the HE side of the case and a few strap changing marks, but the dial, crystal, bezel and 95% of the case are spotless!

The size looks great, much better than the Colt I've also got (but never see as Lorn has pinched it!) and even though there's only 4mm in it, it looks huge in comparison!

The black dial and white numerals look great and are very legible, love the hands - especially the second hand with its little square red bit at the end.

The lume is superb. It fires up even in daylight with just the shade of your hand and the sweep is mega-smooth.

Having seen another one for £1400 (with Box and papers but only one strap) I think I got an absolute bargain in Watchfinders sale. Get in there quick and make a silly bid if there's anything you fancy from them. Once again, service and comms were first class from Tom and it arrived in so much bubble wrap I could start supplying the stuff!
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Re: Breitling SuperOcean.

Post by xtriple »

And the two together...

Side by side, they doesn't appear to be much difference between them, but on the wrist there's no comparison; the SuperOcean wears MUCH bigger.
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

What a lovely pair you have. :lol:
Graham
christre
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by christre »

Well done. A great looking watch. Really wish i kept mine but sold it to buy an Oris Der Meistertaucher. I bought mine new and it came with the blue rubber strap. i replaced that with the bracelet,,, think the bracelet cost me between £400-£500 at the time. Gonna get another Superocean one day.
Chris.
ianblyth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 19
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-five: Yes
LE-six: Yes

Post by ianblyth »

Very nice.

Don't worry about the warranty card as it is well out of warranty now. It is nice for completeness. The A17345 was made bewteen 1999-2002. The 3 in the middle denotes it is a COSC model so you should have that piece of paper. If not it can be bought from BUK. The A denotes it is stainless steel. If you take the strap of at 6 o'clock there will be a box with 4 numbers between the lugs. This is the manufacturing date with the first 2 numbers denoting the week of the year and the last 2 the year itself. Sometimes there is quite a gap between that date and the date it was first sold.

The bracelet should be a Professional 1 bracelet (same as your other Breitling) for that watch but if you have the Fighter or Professional II you got a great bargain. They can be brushed or polished to suit and as has been mentioned are expensive to buy new. If the watch has to go to BUK for service at some point put the bracelet on it as they will service that as well and make it look like new.
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." Anais Nin
Kip
The Administrator
The Administrator
CW-watches: 149
LE-one: yes
LE-foura: yes
LE-fourb: yes
LE-five: yes
LE-six: yes
LESeven: yes

Post by Kip »

Congratulations "X"! Very nice. You do realize that this one is an automatic don't you? :lol:
Kip

"Asylum Administrator"

Visit the CWArchives for everything CW. Historical, specs, manuals and resale. It is all there.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Kip wrote:Congratulations "X"! Very nice. You do realize that this one is an automatic don't you? :lol:
Yeah, well, I had to have the one in my collection just so I can complain about lack of time keeping and unreliability :lol:

Cheeky b'stard, I've got more autos and manuals than quartz by a long way, I'm just not prejudiced like you lot against the virtues of the King Quartz 8) :silent:

Edit. Maybe not :oops: Just had a count up and it's nearer 50/50. Still, plenty of both is the proper way forward. Anyway, it's all your fault as you are the one doling out the meds :D
atnits
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by atnits »

Nice one XT. Looks great. My blue colt has the same style of hands as yours; my fave, I think. I keep mine on rubber rather than the bracelet, which I think suits these watches.

A good purchase. :thumbup:
watchlover1
Senior Expert
Senior Expert

Post by watchlover1 »

Very nice! out of interest whats the diameter of the Superocean face?
Citizen,Tag Heuer,Oris,Victorinox Swiss Army,Casio,G-Shock,Fossil, Guess
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

42mm.The colt is 38 which isn't much of a difference it seems, but it does wear considerably larger, while the Colt wearsmuch, much smaller. Think it's something to do with the depth of the rehaut?
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Congrats - great pick up! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
village
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by village »

I'm not a Breitling fan but congrats on yours.....now,repeat after us "i will not buy any more watches this month" :lol:

(you should be alright,there's only one day to go 8) )
If you can read this you are too close to your computer screen....
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Dithered to long on the Parnis' for sale and just got outbid on a Favre Leuba so I may be okay for the remainder of this month!

Bit short of funds anyway and the watch fund is empty apart from the bit that is "ring fenced" for the FLE.
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

Well done XT - have the same rubber strap on my B'ling and it wears very well. you got a good buy with that one :)
I miss all the great things that may never be.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by Loddonite »

Looks really good Xt.
Watch out - Lorn might pull a switch on you.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.