Breitling SuperOcean.

A place to discuss other watch-brands
xtriple
Forum gobshite
CW-watches: 3

Re: Breitling SuperOcean.

Post by xtriple »

So here it is with its mesh on. Quite like it (but then I quite like the rubber strap as well) and it certainly makes it look totally different - much more dressy and less tool watch.

Good service from WJean. Here in six days from Canada, correct size and the bracelet I ordered (cheap!) and only £23 delivered! Quite fancied one of the really nice ones at £80 but chose to spend little until I'd tried the look for size.

It actually seems to be pretty well made. Came with two fatbars as well (that don't fit my watch) which have been put into spares stock. The clasp is a bit bulky, but seems secure with its over and under arrangement.

So over to you chaps, whatd'ya think?
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Loddonite
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5
LE-two: yes
LE-three: yes

Post by Loddonite »

xtriple wrote:So over to you chaps, whatd'ya think?
I think that mesh is great but that one is shinier than the watch.
Nice watch tho'.
Dom
Nothing's forgotten, nothing's ever forgotten.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

JAG wrote:was that the mesh that you ordered the other week or another 1 !
Ordered on Sunday from recommendations from here. Arrived Saturday, pretty good I think.

Very comfortable to wear, and certainly dresses the old girl up. Still like the rubber though so I can see these two straps getting changed often! But, it keeps the original bracelets safe from wear and tear and I do worry about deterioration of the rubber strap.

Oh, and "shiney" is easily solved 8)
CW C3 CWS, C13 GWT, 2012 FLE. Tag Heuer. Citizen. Tissot Tudor. Breitling Colt + SuperOcean. Orient SK. Deep Blue. Seiko X2. Steinhart Ocean 1. Timex X3. MuDu. Longines. Yema. Omega Speedmaster +Seamaster SMP. Roamer. Sully. Bulova. Ingersol.
Tooks
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Tooks »

I think mesh does suit the Superocean, but as above, I think that one is a bit shiny.

I have an almost identical one on a Seiko diver, and it suits it.

A quality watch like that deserves a higher quality mesh though. Something matt, and with a more open 'shark type' mesh, and with mesh that just goes over the spring bars with no metal end piece.
Ideal number of watches in your collection = current number of watches + 1...
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Don't like the ones without an end piece. I think they look unfinished and a bit cheap :oops: This bracelet is no longer shiny, it's now all dull and lovely. Ten minutes with 400 grit and a scouring pad and it looks much better. May still invest in a "decent" one or may just forget all about mesh and get the original bracelet re-finished and put it on that... or keep it on the rubber as I really like that best.

Oh I don't know! Decisions, decisions :silent:
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by footycrazy »

xtriple wrote: Oh I don't know! Decisions, decisions :silent:

:lol:

Nothing changes XT.

B,ling looks good on the rubber or the new one :thumbup:
Graham
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Main problem is that this lovely watch has 20mm lugs and while there is a good choice, not as good as for 22mm and up. Also, I wanted something that is easily adjustable as I'm a bit loathe to start cutting things with a dremel... mainly, 'cos I haven't got a working Dremel :oops:

Got a multitude of angle grinders, die grinders, bench grinders, air hacksaw, power saw and a load of **** files, but no Dremel! I killed my last one ages ago and never bothered to replace it, so I'd have to go and buy one of them as well.

Thought about it, looked at it loads, put it back on the rubber, back on the mesh and pondered... I like it.

I think...

Yes, I'm sure....

...ish!
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Looks good on both, but rubber looked better to me.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Looks good on both, but rubber looked better to me.
Oh shut up! :lol: I'd just convinced myself to leave it on the mesh and you stick your oar in... :(
Amor Vincit Omnia

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Drying my eyes...only too glad to be of help! :D
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; wannabe travel writer

Walk a while in others' shoes...

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time
downer
CW-watches: 4

Post by downer »

Nice watch, ok strap. :)
Richard
Dancematt
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by Dancematt »

xtriple wrote:
Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Looks good on both, but rubber looked better to me.
Oh shut up! :lol: I'd just convinced myself to leave it on the mesh and you stick your oar in... :(
ummmmmm......+1 :D
I miss all the great things that may never be.
amagawd
Junior
Junior
CW-watches: 0

Post by amagawd »

That watch is absolutely gorgeous. I'm a massive fan of Breitling but unfortunately cannot afford them!
Tom
bamagrad03
Junior
Junior

Post by bamagrad03 »

I'm not a huge fan of Breitling watches, but the SuperOceans are awesome. Though the newer SO's have a weird, almost cartoonish, font on the bezel and for the 12, 6, 9.

The SO Heritage is also pretty awesome as well.
xtriple
Forum gobshite

Post by xtriple »

There's a problem with it :( It's losing 20 seconds a day and I'm not happy (which dwarf I am I'm not disclosing) so I got back in touch with Watchfinders to ask them about it...

No problem. That's out of spec so send it back and we'll sort it under warranty!

Well impressed. Obviously not as good as CWL as they haven't offered to send a returns pack, so I'll have to pay to post it back myself, but that ain't the end of the world.

I asked my local jeweller if they'd do it (before I knew Watchfinder were going to do it for free) and they didn't want to touch it as: A, it's a Breitling (even though it's a pretty standard ETA movement ) and B, the water resistance is too great and they don't want to get involved.

"Send it back to Breitling" was their helpful suggestion!