Another Vintage Omega on route!

A place to discuss other watch-brands
ruthwall1
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 1

Another Vintage Omega on route!

Post by ruthwall1 »

Circa 1965 Vintage Omega Seamaster 600 - Man wind cal 601. I am a sucker for my vintage Omega's and could not resist this one. Undoubtedly a re-finished dial but I personally have no issue with that type of thing. I cannot take credit for the nice pics (they are the sellers) So here is my little xmas gift to myself 8)

IN Omega Seamaster 600 (60's). INCOMING Zenith (40's) deposit paid & on hold for collection 20/01/13.

OUTList is long with a few regrets
ABW
Senior Expert
Senior Expert
CW-watches: 3

Re: Another Vintage Omega on route!

Post by ABW »

Very nice, the Santa clause strikes again!!!
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Great looking piece, lovely condition and a rock-solid movement. Congrats, lovely pick-up. :thumbup:

(Not one that would appeal to me personally as I'm not keen on the shark's teeth indices - but that's just me! :lol: )
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
ruthwall1
Senior
Senior

Post by ruthwall1 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:Great looking piece, lovely condition and a rock-solid movement. Congrats, lovely pick-up. :thumbup:

(Not one that would appeal to me personally as I'm not keen on the shark's teeth indices - but that's just me! :lol: )
Yes I am a big fan on the manual wind vintage Omega's and with a sub £250.00 price tag I think it was insanity not to have a punt with it.

As for looks each to there own (but obviously I like sharks and shark teeth :lol: :thumbup:
IN Omega Seamaster 600 (60's). INCOMING Zenith (40's) deposit paid & on hold for collection 20/01/13.

Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

ruthwall1 wrote:with a sub £250.00 price tag I think it was insanity not to have a punt with it.
Too damn' right - that looks a great price. Well done! :thumbup:
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
ruthwall1
Senior
Senior

Post by ruthwall1 »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote:
ruthwall1 wrote:with a sub £250.00 price tag I think it was insanity not to have a punt with it.
Too damn' right - that looks a great price. Well done! :thumbup:
Yes I was happy but here comes the BUT! The sellers 4yr old pulled the Crown out of the watch! So he has sold it.

The watch still winds perfectly still sets etc and still keeps excellent time but as you can see the Crown and stem are out. To be fair I think it is a case of pop back in and tighten the retaining nut (this should sort it) if not its a trip to my watch chap but cannot honestly see it being an expensive job if anything. So fingers crossed I picked up a bargain!

scooter
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
LE-two: yes
LE-foura: yes

Post by scooter »

Nice watch.

There's nothing wrong with a refinished dial as long as it's done properly and the Seller is up front about it.

scooter
#1 scooter blue 2012 FLE (50 made)
footycrazy
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by footycrazy »

I have caused this problem before now, The retaining screw should not be loosened more than 1.5 - 2 turns max otherwise the bottom plate drops off the thread. The hands and dial will normally have to be removed to get to it. As you say, its not an expensive fix and for around £35+ for a little service and all will be good.

Nice looking watch and a good price.

I have learn,t my lesson with taking the crown/stem out :löl:
Graham
Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

For a refinished dial, that's not a bad one.............just avoid the Mumbai specials with wonky paint and corroded cases!!

I will confess I'm not particularly a fan of redials, unless I've got a potentially nice watch where the dial is lunched, as I like an old watch to look old and original, but each to his own, and that looks a nice one :)
John
ruthwall1
Senior
Senior

Post by ruthwall1 »

Monkey wrote:For a refinished dial, that's not a bad one.............just avoid the Mumbai specials with wonky paint and corroded cases!!

I will confess I'm not particularly a fan of redials, unless I've got a potentially nice watch where the dial is lunched, as I like an old watch to look old and original, but each to his own, and that looks a nice one :)
Mumbai specials :lol: agreed. This is the 5th Vintage Omega I have had and so far so good with the quality as to be honest 4 out the 5 I have owned have been re-finished (thankfully to a very very high standard).

I have my eye on 2 other Omega's so happy days.

Monkey
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by Monkey »

Good stuff.............just don't pay over the odds for them though as resale value (should you wish to move them on) won't be near a nice original watch!!

Group photo??
John