An interesting move from Citizen...

A place to discuss other watch-brands
nbg
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 14

An interesting move from Citizen...

Post by nbg »

Citizen occasionally quartz make watches that whilst unappreciated by many are the equal of many Grand Seiko quartz models.

This new mechanical release looks an interesting move, at a punchy price point.

For me it ticks many boxes. I like the look of it and am keen to handle one, once things are back to normal.

Would I spend that amount on a Citizen? I imagine that will be the biggest question for many - “yes it looks great, but I could buy Xyz brands (fill in your higher profile brands of choice that you view as giving you more wrist credibility :)”.

There are many brands in the Xyz category where I wouldn’t buy any current models in any event, so that doesn’t really put me off.

https://monochrome-watches.com/citizen- ... 021-price/

Be interesting to hear the views of others...

Neil
Other watch forums of interest:
TZ-UK
downer
CW-watches: 4

Re: An interesting move from Citizen...

Post by downer »

I like pretty much everything about this watch, and the brand name doesn't bother me.

My only issue is the fact that it's very unlikely that I would ever be able to handle one prior to purchase. I can't imagine it sitting alongside the ecodrives in H Samuel...
Richard
JAFO
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by JAFO »

It was all going so well until I saw $6000. :D
stefs
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 2

Post by stefs »

I think it looks cracking to be honest and I totally agree that as a brand they are undervalued big time and dont get the kudos they deserve for their cutting edge achievements. Calibre 0100 for instance!
FS Bremont solo 37
Cheers now, Paul
Caller
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by Caller »

It looks perfect and yes, it will be interesting to see how they market this.

Not sure how it is in the UK, but over here, Grand Seiko and Seiko are kept apart, albeit they may be in close proximity of each other and Seiko marketing is greatly improved, a cabinet each for the 5's, Proxpex and presage models, a cabinet for the more generic stuff and corner units for Astron and anything else they want to showcase.

This is clearly Citizens Grand Seiko, can't wait to see it in the flesh. Looks instantly more interesting than Grand Seiko to me.
'Tis me
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

Caller wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:10 pm
This is clearly Citizens Grand Seiko, can't wait to see it in the flesh. Looks instantly more interesting than Grand Seiko to me.
I'm thinking along the same lines. Is the new trend in watches similar to automobile companies?

Lexus-Toyota /Acura-Honda/ Infiniti-Nissan/Genesis-Hyundai

Might Rolex-Tudor, Grand Seiko-Seiko and now Citizen be emulating that successful automobile in watch brands?
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy