Zoom Showroom Visit

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW-watches: 3

Zoom Showroom Visit

Post by missF »

Has anyone done one? I’m sure it’s better than no visit at all, but I’m not sure how much better...
I seem to have piled up a lot of CW watches that I’m interested in investigating at a time where I can only obviously really choose and save for one of them. Here’s my List of Curiosities:

Bel Canto
Moonglow (v C1 Malvern moonphase as a pre-owned alternative)
Bronze dune on bronze bracelet
12 - 40mm v 36mm
Aquitaine

Getting to Maidenhead would be a bit of a monster trip. But there are too many watches on the curiosity list to order them all and try them at home!

What do you think about a zoom call?? Ta! :D
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Re: Zoom Showroom Visit

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

Cheap flight? Maidenhead isn’t far from Heathrow. There and back in a few hours, you wouldn’t need luggage.

IMG_3841.png
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
welshlad
CW-watches: 27

Post by welshlad »

I haven't done a virtual showroom visit myself, but I seem to recall positive feedback from those who have.

Why not give it a go? There's not much to lose and you're bound to learn something, even if you can't get answers to every question you may have, e.g. how things will wear on your own wrist. Overall, there seems some upside with relatively little downside. :ka:
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

@Amor Vincit Omnia , @welshlad - you are indeed wise mods! :lol:
Flying hadn’t even crossed my mind. Ecologically perversely it’s way cheaper than the train... And it would be worthwhile doing a zoom visit first even if it doesn’t quite get me all the info I need.

Thanks for the good advice :thumbup:
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

As long as you can find a minder for Neo.

When I lived in Pitlochry in the ‘80s I flew down a few times. Used the BA shuttle so it was fine. Setting out at 3 am to drive the 70 miles to the airport was a pain, though. You sometimes saw a few well-known Scottish people on the plane. I sat across the aisle from David Steel once, but he wasn’t very lively – just sat there reading the Financial Times. :lol:

My only concern with the zoom visit is that you will get no sense of how the watches would sit on YOUR wrist.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Amor Vincit Omnia wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:22 pm
My only concern with the zoom visit is that you will get no sense of how the watches would sit on YOUR wrist.
Exactly this. And that’s what I ultimately need. It’s still good to see watches worn and shown off from all directions.
I love that you met David Steel on a flight. Private jets and helicopters seem to be the order of the day these days :silent:
DavidCM
Senior
Senior

Post by DavidCM »

Forget zoom,it will be not much better than browsing CW website.Fly to Heathrow,tube/train/bus to Maidenhead station,easy few minutes walk to CW.See,feel the real thing in the flesh (or metal) and buy with confidence,and enjoy a day out...go and visit Windsor Castle on the way back.
These users thanked the author DavidCM for the post:
Paaashaas
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

DavidCM wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:07 pm Forget zoom,it will be not much better than browsing CW website.Fly to Heathrow,tube/train/bus to Maidenhead station,easy few minutes walk to CW.See,feel the real thing in the flesh (or metal) and buy with confidence,and enjoy a day out...go and visit Windsor Castle on the way back.
This sounds like the best advice. :thumbup: :D
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Lay out £70+ and spend a day travelling around Berkshire to look at a few "curiosities"?

You have much more dedication than I have for CW watches, indeed for any watches.

Maybe call Declan first to discuss your thoughts and see what he can suggest about a more "personalised" Zoom visit first possibly involving a female member of CW staff to model the watches to see how they compare to a CW watch that you have already? (Sorry I can't remember what you do have at present).
These users thanked the author Mikkei4 for the post (total 2):
missFasqwerth
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Well - thanks for the thoughts. Post-Loupe everything is now on hold until the FLE and the new Moonglow come out. Then I shall take stock! :D
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Post by iain »

missF wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:50 pm ………everything is now on hold until the FLE…….

They might have invented teleporting by then which will make your travel choice a little easier.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

iain wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:21 pm
missF wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:50 pm ………everything is now on hold until the FLE…….

They might have invented teleporting by then which will make your travel choice a little easier.
:lol: :thumbup:
Erm, yeah, not everything is on hold until the FLE because that would make all of life a bit difficult!
Trs1982
Expert
Expert

Post by Trs1982 »

missF wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:50 pm Well - thanks for the thoughts. Post-Loupe everything is now on hold until the FLE and the new Moonglow come out. Then I shall take stock! :D
The new moon glow sounds interesting doesn’t it?! I’m hoping for a meteorite-type dial.
missF
CW Forum Poet Laureate
CW Forum Poet Laureate

Post by missF »

Trs1982 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:26 pm The new moon glow sounds interesting doesn’t it?! I’m hoping for a meteorite-type dial.
My thoughts too. And the fact that it appears to be an even more simplified design is exciting too. I’ve looked around lots for moonphase watches that have a modern simplified design with a very prominent moon and there are very very few around. I can understand why the Moonglow has been so popular for CW
These users thanked the author missF for the post:
Trs1982
MiniMpi
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 17

Post by MiniMpi »

I did a CW Zoom showroom visit once Lindsey.
It was for the launch of the C63 back in the day, it was helpful and as well as the video, Declan sent me photos of the watches on his wrist too.
It was great but not as good as an actual showroom visit to the Mothership ;)
These users thanked the author MiniMpi for the post:
missF