Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
Noush
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Your Watches of the Year 2022?

Post by Noush »

It's that time of year!
I suggest just one nomination is Too Hard. So how about a Top 3?
To get things rolling, here's mine in no particular order, also Too Hard :lol:

1. CW Bel Canto. A shoe-in for this list.
2. Longines Spirit 37. They listened and got it right.
3. Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda PF GMT Rattrapante. Sublime style meets original complication.

It's been a good year I think. I would have twice as many Honourable Mentions but that would break my own format....*self uppercut*
These users thanked the author Noush for the post (total 2):
ajax87Stif
Chris
"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans" : John Lennon.
iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 1

Re: Your Watches of the Year 2022?

Post by iain »

I’m bad at remembering when watches are released and in most cases I couldn’t say whether something was released this year or the year before.

So out of the watches I know definitely came out in 2022 I’d have to agree that the Bel Canto is the number one. It’s not a watch if particularly want to own but for how it seems to have elevated CW and what it’s done for the brand it has to be there.

My one other honourable mention go to the IWC MKXX. Slow evolution of the design rather than a radical overhaul and when paired with the in house movement with a 120 hour power reserve also make it a considerable upgrade on the out going MKXVIII. I’m not going to upgrade mine though as mine has become a sentimental watch and I don’t have room in my small collection for two.
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Timishere
Expert
Expert

Post by Timishere »

iain wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:51 am I’m bad at remembering when watches are released and in most cases I couldn’t say whether something was released this year or the year before.

So out of the watches I know definitely came out in 2022 I’d have to agree that the Bel Canto is the number one. It’s not a watch if particularly want to own but for how it seems to have elevated CW and what it’s done for the brand it has to be there.

My one other honourable mention go to the IWC MKXX. Slow evolution of the design rather than a radical overhaul and when paired with the in house movement with a 120 hour power reserve also make it a considerable upgrade on the out going MKXVIII. I’m not going to upgrade mine though as mine has become a sentimental watch and I don’t have room in my small collection for two.
Good old Duckface...part of the family :-)
These users thanked the author Timishere for the post:
iain
ajax87
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 7

Post by ajax87 »

The Bel Canto for sure, for many reasons.

Being an Omega fanboy, 2 of my choices will be no surprise:

Omega Speedmaster '57:

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 10.00.44 AM.png
Speedmaster 57

And the Chrono Chime:

Screen Shot 2022-12-16 at 10.01.36 AM.png
Chrono Chime
These users thanked the author ajax87 for the post (total 2):
rkovarsChris375
Alex
C5A Mk1|C65 316L LE|C63 36mm, GMT, Elite, 2023ish FLE|C1 Moonglow|Omega Seamaster DeVille|Speedmaster Racing|MoonSwatch Mercury|RZE Endeavor|Tudor BB58 925
Amor Vincit Omnia
CW-watches: 4

Post by Amor Vincit Omnia »

I must confess that my decision not to buy any more watches for the foreseeable future has made me stop looking at what other brands are producing. So I really don’t have much of a clue about what has been introduced this year.

As far as CW are concerned the Bel Canto stands out, even though I didn’t order one.
Steve
Linguist; retired teacher; pilgrim; apprentice travel writer

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. (Max Ehrmann)
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by NationOfLaws »

I’d put the Aquitaine in the list. Overshadowed by the Bel Canto, unfortunately, but it was a watch that brought many people - me included - to the brand.
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post (total 2):
rkovarsthomcat00
thomcat00
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 15

Post by thomcat00 »

I don’t pay all that much attention to new releases so it’s often only if someone else shares something of interest that a watch will pop up on my radar. I definitely feel the C1 Bel Canto takes the top spot. I don’t own one but I find it a fascinating and beautiful watch. And it has greatly elevated CW in the eyes of many well beyond the fan forums.

I don’t much care for the world’s thinnest watch record, but I can appreciate the technical skill in achieving such a result. That a mechanical watch can be under 2mm thick is just amazing to me - and others as well. So that earns the Richard Mille UP01 a spot, too.

I’ve watched Andrew Morgan’s Watchfinder top of ‘22 list. There is much to explore out of curiosity, some nice examples to be found. Nothing else jumps to mind at the moment. Perhaps I’ll revisit and revise later.
with Kung Fu grip, and life-like hair
Thunder1
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 12

Post by Thunder1 »

Hmm, possibly the:
1)Tudor Pelagos 39,
2)Oris Divers 65 12H Cal. 400, and
3)Steinhart Ocean 3 3-handers & GMTs
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a lowcut dress that zips up the side..neither gets the love that they deserve..
Viognier
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller
CW-watches: 5

Post by Viognier »

C65 Aquitaine GMT for me and it's stunning sapphire bezel..... respect the Bel Canto, just not enough to purchase one
Small collection of timepieces that I enjoy