WristCheck - Stif's mobile watchbox app project - Now live on iOS and Android!

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: WristCheck - Stif's mobile watchbox app project - Now live on iOS and Android!

Post by NationOfLaws »

Looks like a fantastic update! Looking forward to it.
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post:
Stif
asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 8

Re: WristCheck - Stif's mobile watchbox app project - Now live on iOS and Android!

Post by asqwerth »

Exciting news! If we are now able to sort by "most often worn" on the front page, that will make the "over 30 entries" graph bug much less important, since I wanted to use the graph function to sort by most often worn but the missing labels bug made it useless for that.

Now it will be easy to switch between sorting by Manufacturer (you bet I'm switching immediately from "time of entry" sorting!) and sorting by most often worn.

Thanks, Stif.
These users thanked the author asqwerth for the post:
Stif
C5As~FLE12R~W61~C60GMT~FLE15~SC
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW
Vintage~Bulova23~Polerouter~Wittnauer~Longines~Omega~Soumar~Eterna~Gruen

Quartz~Matisse~FLE17~Ebel~Citizen
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 4

Post by watchaholic »

Looks great. I’m really enjoying this app, the improvements look great.
These users thanked the author watchaholic for the post:
Stif
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
jtc
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 2

Post by jtc »

Any chance of being able to bulk add missed wear stats? Doing one day at a time after "unlocking" is a bit tiresome when you've not done it for a whole, but know your wear routine...
These users thanked the author jtc for the post:
Stif
Jon

Trusted Seller Feedback

CW | Tudor | Tag Heuer | Omega | Longines | Oris | Bremont | Zenith | Rolex
Stif
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Stif »

@jtc I'm planning to update the watch view next, so I'll take a look at that! I remember finding an alternate to the 'material' date picker that should allow me to do that.

I might remove the locking mechanism too - I originally included that more so that people didn't accidentally delete dates (as when unlocked you can just swipe them away) but from feedback I think it just adds confusion!
These users thanked the author Stif for the post:
jtc
- Grant

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently, that which should not be done at all."

Developer of mobile watch app WristCheck - find out more at wristcheck.app
watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Maybe just a click and drag option for sorting watches on the front page would be possible.
Stif
Time and money? I’ve spent most of mine on booze and women. The rest I just wasted…
Dwight
Stif
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Stif »

It would certainly be doable, but would need to be built from the ground up as a custom list view I think - I'd need to add a new index to each watch record and then dynamically update them all when moved.

Maybe worth a go, but not a task I'll be jumping right into I'm afraid. I've started to think through a redesign of the add/view watch screens, and what additional data points to add (ahead of then adding additional graphing options based on these).

I'll write a fuller post on that later as would love some input and feedback - so please shout out if there's anything you'd like to track that isn't currently in the app!
- Grant

"There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently, that which should not be done at all."

iain
Trusted Seller
Trusted Seller

Post by iain »

One thing I would like to see is the ability to add more filters to the wear stats. I would especially like the ability to restrict the data to watches in my current collection and filter out all those marked as sold. As I have no knowledge of how much effort it would take to implement this, please feel free to ignore if it’s not possible or easily achieved.
These users thanked the author iain for the post:
Stif
Iain’s Law: Any discussion on the Christopher Ward forum, irrespective of the thread title or subject matter, will eventually lead to someone mentioning the Bel Canto if the thread continues for long enough.
Stif
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Stif »

@iain good point, I hadn't actually thought of that - if you've worn a watch it'll show, but it'll be easy to hide sold watches from that!

I'll ensure that's included as a toggle when I rework the graphs - I'm planning on removing the current filter and making it a larger overlay screen with more options (similar to the view selection implementation in the upcoming release).
iain
- Grant

watchaholic
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by watchaholic »

Stif wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:37 am It would certainly be doable, but would need to be built from the ground up as a custom list view I think - I'd need to add a new index to each watch record and then dynamically update them all when moved.

Maybe worth a go, but not a task I'll be jumping right into I'm afraid. I've started to think through a redesign of the add/view watch screens, and what additional data points to add (ahead of then adding additional graphing options based on these).

I'll write a fuller post on that later as would love some input and feedback - so please shout out if there's anything you'd like to track that isn't currently in the app!
No worries, I love the app and enjoy using it everyday. We just see it every day on our computers in different and various places. I obviously have no idea how any of it actually works. :oops:
Stif
Dwight
NationOfLaws
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Post by NationOfLaws »

Great update, Grant! Really huge improvement in Ui. You should be proud of yourself.

I have a couple suggestions. It’d be nice to have a lug width field so I can match bracelets with watches. Even nicer would be a bracelet/strap collection.
These users thanked the author NationOfLaws for the post (total 2):
Stifjtc
Stif
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Stif »

Thanks Jameson!

Lug width (along with lug to lug and dial dimensions) are things I was considering, along with purchase and sale prices (I quite like the idea of adding graphs of the most worn sizes...was also thinking of adding some watch specific graphs, like what day are you most likely to wear particular models :lol: )

I do like the idea of adding a strap collection in there too, I'm just not too sure what a good UI for that would look like, as a secondary collection within the app? Definitely open to suggestions on that though!

I got a report via Test flight from @rkovars that the app had crashed in the background, and I've seen a couple of similar issues on Android (interestingly in both the automated tests they run on new builds, and in the existing 1.4 version in production!)

I think one of the libraries I'm using (possibly the admob one) is misbehaving when backgrounded, but it seems to be rare (single digit crashes in hundreds of sessions) - please shout out if this seems to be a more consistent issue though!
I did update some, but not all libraries in this build, as well as updating to the latest version of the Flutter SDK so could be some compatibility issue that I've missed (but the crash logs haven't helped me to pinpoint the exact one...and the admob one was one I updated this time!)
- Grant

asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by asqwerth »

The update hasn't reached Google Play Store for me.
Orion33/Tetra2~BallEH~Montblanc~Tudor BB36~Archimede36~Damasko~Revue T~BremontSolo37~MJW

Stif
Senior Guru
Senior Guru

Post by Stif »

The Android build is just awaiting approval from Google, should hopefully be available later today:)

I'm going to give the iOS app another day or two in testing to see if any other issues are reported (if anyone sees any crashes on the test app please copy the logs and send on if possible!)
asqwerth
- Grant

asqwerth
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod

Post by asqwerth »

Stif wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:38 pm The Android build is just awaiting approval from Google, should hopefully be available later today:)

I'm going to give the iOS app another day or two in testing to see if any other issues are reported (if anyone sees any crashes on the test app please copy the logs and send on if possible!)
The update has been released and I really like it! The filter and search function at the top works really well.

So much easier now to scroll and find watches in a list when it's listed alphabetically by manufacturer! And "by most worn" sorting is great for my needs.
These users thanked the author asqwerth for the post:
Stif