Where wouldn’t you wear your luxury watch?

Here you can post stuff that is not related to Christopher Ward
rkovars
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 5

Re: Where wouldn’t you wear your luxury watch?

Post by rkovars »

Dickchins wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:56 am Re the Rolex above, other than its value getting obliterated, I like it! If it was mine and I was lucky enough to be able to replace it, id actually keep it as is and wear it regularly. It tells a story about a part of the owners life and thats really cool to me. Just hope the owner is ok and their bike isnt too badly damaged!!!
I'm with you. I would get the movement back up to snuff and take the floating markers out of the dial and wear it as is. That would be a heck of a talisman from a really close call given the looks of the watch.
These users thanked the author rkovars for the post (total 2):
DickchinsMistaFroggyG
Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.
Jack London
exHowfener
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 1

Post by exHowfener »

Having experienced a number of accidents on two wheels and four, the last thing I would want is a reminder - but we are all different.

Personally I would never wear a luxury watch in the bath or shower. Yes yes, water resistant but I don't see the point. Just me! :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

Baser wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:13 pm Always wore mine when I used to ride. The only times I don’t wear anything special now is during exercise or when I know I will be working with tools / equipment where they are likely to die from a thousand scratches and dings. I still wear a watch but it’s a throwaway Apple Watch.
"Throwaway Apple watch"

????? Really ? at a few hundred £s each now

Must an old version?
Mikkei4
Senior Forumgod
Senior Forumgod
CW-watches: 0

Post by Mikkei4 »

TheBeatles wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:59 pm
missF wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:33 am
But all I could think of was - this person must have been thinking about their watch all the way down and along and until they came to a complete stop and could check on the damage :hot2:
I think if I was bouncing along the tarmac on my butt, my watch would be the last thing on my mind :lol:
I agree with this, a watch would be the last thing I was concerned about while I'm skidding down the tarmac at some silly speed. Well, I think it would be but the human mind is a strange thing so what do I know as I'll never travel anywhere on a bike.
DavidCM
Senior
Senior

Post by DavidCM »

Rightly or wrongly, I never wear a mechanical watch whilst working in the garden with machinery (lawnmower/strimmer/hedgecutter/leaf blower)as I'm pretty sure the vibration wouid damage the mechanism.I have a few old quartz Seikos which get (and seem to take) the abuse.
Baser
Senior
Senior
CW-watches: 5

Post by Baser »

Mikkei4 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:02 pm
Baser wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:13 pm Always wore mine when I used to ride. The only times I don’t wear anything special now is during exercise or when I know I will be working with tools / equipment where they are likely to die from a thousand scratches and dings. I still wear a watch but it’s a throwaway Apple Watch.
"Throwaway Apple watch"

????? Really ? at a few hundred £s each now

Must an old version?
They are £350/£400 a go and so far have lasted 3 to 4 years each so not cheap. When I say throw away I mean they have no emotional attachment, I don't watch the seconds tick by or wonder about the movement (or chips) in an Apple Watch and I'm not sad when they go to silicone heaven, I dip into the savings account and order another one.
These users thanked the author Baser for the post:
Mikkei4
C11 MSL, C65 Super Compressor, C8 Regulator, C9 ME109 SPC, C8 Regulator LE, C65 GMT Pepsi, C11 Ti Extreme.