When you post your daydream watch, is there some kind of scenario going through your head which involves you wearing said watch in some daydream location? There certainly is for me, and it almost invariably involves my sybaritic, hedonistic and largely imaginary Mr Toad alter ego.
Usually, it is one of the following**:
- Relaxing in Etihad or similar First Class en route for some exotic clime
- Standing at the helm of my gin palace as she skirts some tropical coastline
- Sipping a rare cognac while listening to tinkling arpeggiations in the piano bar of the Negresco or the Raffles (after a divine dinner)
- Strolling along a white sand beach listening to the whisper of the gentle waves and the breeze in the coconut palms
- Driving up the gravelled approach to some aristocratic pile in a sporty little two-seater
(Mental images courtesy of Messrs Merchant and Ivory)
Mind you, to be fair I am very happy with some of the places I DO get to.
Do your daydream posts go beyond the watch?